Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #115444

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Im waiting on an herbal formula from Dr Morse’s healthsite and decided to take cert. organic olive leaf extract by GAIA HERBS while I waited for it to come in.

    I notice that Olive Leaf is said to be so gentle to the system (not to candida…I realize die-off can be severe) that it is a big-player in children’s immune formulas.

    The bottle says to take 30-60 drops in water on empty stomach.
    I put 30 drops in water and only drank half of it.

    My knees gave out, my heart raced, and I thought I would pass out.
    Those symptoms didnt scare me though.
    What scared me was that it felt like I lost muscletone in my lungs, it was so difficult to draw-in a breath!
    This was hours ago and I am still having a little effort drawing in a breath.
    Its improving though.
    My muscles still feel really weak and shaky. My chest hurts.

    I immediately drank more water and had some salt.
    Couldnt think of anything else to do.

    Has anyone else had this reaction, and if you have, does it go away with regular use?
    Does it get worse?

    #115446

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    You overdid the amount you consumed and this is a megadose…start out small with 1-3 drops. Work your way up slowly over time and eventually you’ll be able to consume 30 drops without any side effects.

    -raster

    #115450

    Danny33
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

    Vegan Catlady;53965 wrote: Im waiting on an herbal formula from Dr Morse’s healthsite and decided to take cert. organic olive leaf extract by GAIA HERBS while I waited for it to come in.

    I notice that Olive Leaf is said to be so gentle to the system (not to candida…I realize die-off can be severe) that it is a big-player in children’s immune formulas.

    The bottle says to take 30-60 drops in water on empty stomach.
    I put 30 drops in water and only drank half of it.

    My knees gave out, my heart raced, and I thought I would pass out.
    Those symptoms didnt scare me though.
    What scared me was that it felt like I lost muscletone in my lungs, it was so difficult to draw-in a breath!
    This was hours ago and I am still having a little effort drawing in a breath.
    Its improving though.
    My muscles still feel really weak and shaky. My chest hurts.

    I immediately drank more water and had some salt.
    Couldnt think of anything else to do.

    Has anyone else had this reaction, and if you have, does it go away with regular use?
    Does it get worse?

    How much time did it take for your body to react?
    Was it instantly, 1 hour, etc?

    #115451

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    raster;53967 wrote: You overdid the amount you consumed and this is a megadose…start out small with 1-3 drops. Work your way up slowly over time and eventually you’ll be able to consume 30 drops without any side effects.

    -raster

    Thanks raster…I didnt want to give up on it just because im still finding my way.

    30 drops was the smallest dose they wanted you to take…was 15 drops a mega-dose for me?

    That is kind of scary, since they give this stuff to anyone over 13yrs!

    Im afraid to give this to my child now, he has a child’s formula with olive in it.

    #115453

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Danny33;53971 wrote:

    Im waiting on an herbal formula from Dr Morse’s healthsite and decided to take cert. organic olive leaf extract by GAIA HERBS while I waited for it to come in.

    I notice that Olive Leaf is said to be so gentle to the system (not to candida…I realize die-off can be severe) that it is a big-player in children’s immune formulas.

    The bottle says to take 30-60 drops in water on empty stomach.
    I put 30 drops in water and only drank half of it.

    My knees gave out, my heart raced, and I thought I would pass out.
    Those symptoms didnt scare me though.
    What scared me was that it felt like I lost muscletone in my lungs, it was so difficult to draw-in a breath!
    This was hours ago and I am still having a little effort drawing in a breath.
    Its improving though.
    My muscles still feel really weak and shaky. My chest hurts.

    I immediately drank more water and had some salt.
    Couldnt think of anything else to do.

    Has anyone else had this reaction, and if you have, does it go away with regular use?
    Does it get worse?

    How much time did it take for your body to react?
    Was it instantly, 1 hour, etc?
    The bottle says to take 30-60 drops.
    Im 110 lbs, and I only took about 15 drops worth.

    At first I took a sip ( 5 drops?) and I felt okay.
    10 minutes after that, I decided I liked the taste and felt ok so I took a big swill (but it was only half the glass of drops diluted with water, so a total of 15 drops maybe )

    Within 10-20 minutes my knees started to shake, so I sat down. My arms started to give out, and my hands were shaking. Then I was having a hard time breathing, and I thought I was going to faint.

    This lasted for 45 minutes, and then it lightened up a little bit.
    For hours after that its been hard to breath, like I have to breath in hard to get a breath, but other than that Im ok.

    im not allergic to olive, and I could be wrong but this doesnt at all feel like die-off.

    It feels like someone was holding my lungs for ransom,hahaha

    #115454

    Tdog333
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

    Did you drink it on an empty stomach or with foods? If so what foods

    #115456

    Floggi
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425


    I do know of breathing problems in relation to oil, but those problems only occur with lamp oil (or whatever it’s called in English – I mean the very thin kind of oil which is normally used to fuel oil lamps like the one below). The problems usually occur when a child drinks some of this lamp oil from the bottle.

    What happens when ingesting such very thin oil is that the oil, due to it being so light and so thinly fluid, “creeps” from the esophagus to the lungs. In the lungs, it counteracts the surfactant which normally keeps the tiny lung alveoli from collapsing. When the surfactant becomes nonfunctional because of the oil, the alveoli collapse, leading to a shortage of breath – possibly a severe shortage of breath, possibly even lethal (by suffocation).

    I do not know, however, if drinking a tiny amount of olive oil could cause the same effect.

    #115457

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    So vegan catlady,

    Do you have much experience taking antifungals? What you committed was a classic noob mistake imho and you’ve gotta learn from it. Antifungals are very strong, especially when you have a fungal infection. So I hope this shows you how bad the overgrowth is currently, because its what woke me up.

    I had some of your symptoms plus more when I would get die-off. I would get a headache, ringing ears, heart palpitations, coughing, itchy skin, bloodshot eyes, etc. immediately. It typically would last 1-3 hours for me. This was after 1-10 drops worth of grapefruit seed extract. After 1 week at this dose, these symptoms reduced. I would only get it again if I overdid the amount.

    So when you take a new antifungal, be very cautious in the amount you take.

    Another thing to keep in mind is that antifungals won’t cure your infection/infestation; all they do is kill the candida. You cannot kill all of the candida with antifungals. In order to reverse the overgrowth, you need probiotics…especially human derived strains. You need to reverse the composition of your gut flora and antifungals alone won’t do this.

    Also, if you rotate antifungals, only stick with those same few antifungals during your treatment. Some people rotate between 5, 10, 15, 20 types of antifungals and then the yeast becomes resistent to all of them. This is something you do not want to have happen…

    -raster

    #115462

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    interesting raster, but im sure at this point this was not die off.

    when I get die-off, I get very ill….my head gets affected first, then a slew of other problems follow.

    This was my blood pressure!
    I have had low blood pressure my whole life, and have had very minor problems with it going too low on certain meds in the past. This was it getting so low that I thought the room was going dark for a minute, and my muscle strength left. It was back an hour later, still weak but almost back. Salt helped get me right again.

    Die-off for me lasts the whole day and some of the next.

    My experience with antifungals are coconut oil, candidase enzymes, a tincture with echinacea and cinnamon/clove oil, and various herbal teas. Turnips. I think thats about it.

    The die-off from garlic alone put me in the hospital before I knew it was antifungal.
    I thought I was going to die, with the headache and dizziness and anxiety attack. Like a hideous hangover.
    Lasted 2+ days!
    Had no idea what I did, and why it happened at the time, though I understand now,lol.

    There is a warning on some sites saying Olive Leaf lowers blood pressure, I think I read it on Web MD as well….but I didnt listen, because it said if you are on pressure-lowering drugs, and I am not.

    I didnt think if they gave it to children that it would affect my blood pressure.

    I did garlic,clove,cinnamon,and coconut oil tonight and I couldnt tell I took anything.
    I know the candida is still there though because I still feel a sore throat 🙁

    Now I am very confused about the rotation-info, because I had read that garlic and coconut oil and cinnamon were the antifungals that candida didnt become resistant to. I learned that garlic is strong against like 24 out of 26 strains of candida, but that the strains that it is strong against, it will always kill.

    I do know though that candida can become resistant to Olive Leaf…thats why I want to continue to take it…to use it while it still works. Just so scared of my pressure dropping again.

    #115463

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Tdog333;53975 wrote: Did you drink it on an empty stomach or with foods? If so what foods

    It said to take on an empty stomach….so I did 🙂

    Im wondering, since my blood pressure is naturally very low, if I should super-hydrate first and take a little salt before trying it again?

    I read hydration and salt raise blood pressure, and I also read today that most herbs I want to start taking also lower blood pressure!

    Not cool,man! Why cant this be easy? lol

    #115464

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    Floggi;53977 wrote:
    I do know of breathing problems in relation to oil, but those problems only occur with lamp oil (or whatever it’s called in English – I mean the very thin kind of oil which is normally used to fuel oil lamps like the one below). The problems usually occur when a child drinks some of this lamp oil from the bottle.

    What happens when ingesting such very thin oil is that the oil, due to it being so light and so thinly fluid, “creeps” from the esophagus to the lungs. In the lungs, it counteracts the surfactant which normally keeps the tiny lung alveoli from collapsing. When the surfactant becomes nonfunctional because of the oil, the alveoli collapse, leading to a shortage of breath – possibly a severe shortage of breath, possibly even lethal (by suffocation).

    I do not know, however, if drinking a tiny amount of olive oil could cause the same effect.

    I have heard similar things with oil.

    What I took was an extract/tincture of organic Olive Leaf. It apparently lowers blood pressure enough that they would say so in most write-ups on it…but I also read that it is one of the safest herbs to take for boosting immunity,colds,flu,even AIDS. I was very impressed.

    #115476

    jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

    Catlady,
    I had the same effects with olive leaf lowering my blood pressure and making me loopy. There is a good amount of herbs that act as diuretics. Some people are more more sensitive than others. I also struggle with low blood pressure, especially in the winter time. I found eating too much greens(diuretic properties) can affect BP. Eating too much veggies can have some affect. Part of it has to do with the potassium to sodium ratio in your body. If your too high in potassium and too low in sodium this can cause your BP to be lower. I found if i can increase my sodium levels it helps to raise my BP. Also eating higher level of fats/oils seems to help keep my BP up. I found low BP can cause lethargy and disorientation so i do what i can do to try to avoid it. The problem with yeast overgrowth is that it produces too much acetaldehyde(alcohol like substance) which can screw with your electrolyte levels. When your electrolyte levels get screwed with then it can affect your BP levels. I work outside so during the winter time on really cold days i’ll do a little cayenne pepper in a gelatin capsule to help keep my circulation and BP up. A hot bath or shower can help but that’s not always accessible.

    Herbs can create some effects which people can confuse with die-off. Herbs don’t really cause “true” die-off–which is cell membrane leakage. Herbs are designed to inhibit candida but not to kill it. Dr. Jeff can also explain this as well. In nature plant chemicals are not designed to kill candida but to keep it in balance. The acception might be concentrated essential oils(lavender oregano etc…) But these concentrations are not found in nature.

    #115477

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    jameskep;53997 wrote: Catlady,
    I had the same effects with olive leaf lowering my blood pressure and making me loopy. There is a good amount of herbs that act as diuretics. Some people are more more sensitive than others. I also struggle with low blood pressure, especially in the winter time. I found eating too much greens(diuretic properties) can affect BP. Eating too much veggies can have some affect. Part of it has to do with the potassium to sodium ratio in your body. If your too high in potassium and too low in sodium this can cause your BP to be lower. I found if i can increase my sodium levels it helps to raise my BP. Also eating higher level of fats/oils seems to help keep my BP up. I found low BP can cause lethargy and disorientation so i do what i can do to try to avoid it. The problem with yeast overgrowth is that it produces too much acetaldehyde(alcohol like substance) which can screw with your electrolyte levels. When your electrolyte levels get screwed with then it can affect your BP levels. I work outside so during the winter time on really cold days i’ll do a little cayenne pepper in a gelatin capsule to help keep my circulation and BP up. A hot bath or shower can help but that’s not always accessible.

    Herbs can create some effects which people can confuse with die-off. Herbs don’t really cause “true” die-off–which is cell membrane leakage. Herbs are designed to inhibit candida but not to kill it. Dr. Jeff can also explain this as well. In nature plant chemicals are not designed to kill candida but to keep it in balance. The acception might be concentrated essential oils(lavender oregano etc…) But these concentrations are not found in nature.

    That electrolyte business makes alot of sense to me.

    Like you, I prefer the herbs for the reason that its not about killing but about keeping them naturally in-check. I resonate with keeping things in balance, going overboard with antifungals – which is a natural response because you feel invaded- just creates more imbalance I think.

    If you are referring to Mc Combs, I have read many of his articles. I like what he has to say, espcially since im not about going strict low carb.

    What is it that you do outside for work?

    #115479

    jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

    Outside work is Postal carrier.

    #115481

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    jameskep;54000 wrote: Outside work is Postal carrier.

    reason I asked is because my blood panel showed I was ridiculously low in vitamin D, and I am a floridian, I used to work outside, so I wondered if you are low in D too.

    Maybe the low D is candida related,like my iron.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Oliveleaf hurt me bad (bloodpressure) anyone with input???’ is closed to new replies.