Oh no – I feel like I'm getting a urinary tract infection!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Oh no – I feel like I'm getting a urinary tract infection!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ladyoh 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I absolutely refuse to take antibiotics for this. I can’t tolerate most antibiotics anyway.

How else can I clear this up? It’s not bad but I don’t want it to get worse.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’ve heard of cranberry extract, right? This can help.

I had some of these symptoms a few months ago and it only temporary. For me, it was caused by my liver.

-raster

missiello
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 36

Try to look for a supplement called “D-Mannose” which has been known to kill e coli, one of the main culprits of bladder infections. Take this with cranberry extract as well. You can probably find one that has a combination of both at the health food store.

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

I had this too and killed it out with cranberry pills.

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

Okay, thanks! I know cranberry is awesome for something like this…I just also know that fruit is a no-no where killing candida is concerned. I’ll look into all this stuff. Thanks!

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Another thought – candida die off can also produce the “sensation” of a UTI. So can drinking or taking pau di arco. If things get too bad, a simple pee test can ease your mind. If it’s clear you are just having a die off reaction and no actual infection.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cranberry extract pills normally work well. 1000 mg of vitamins C taken every two to three hours throughout the day will also help.

The way vitamin C treats a urinary tract infection is by making the urine more acidic which inhibits the growth of bacteria. Vitamin C also strengthens the immune system which helps more than just a UTI.

Able

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Idewild,

I have treated my UTI with cranberry juice successfully. Make sure that it is 100% organic cranberry not cranberry drink. http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/products.jsp?type=details&catIds=108&productId=18246

I would take 1/2 cup of real, organic cranberry juice and water and drink it. I would then drink 500 ml of water to flush it through the UT. I repeated this once an hour, 4 times.

My UTI was quite bad, I had blood in my urine, but when I went to the doctor in the morning, she said nothing was there, sent off the culture and it was gone.

The earlier you can start the process the better. The more the bacteria is allowed to “stick” the less likely you’ll be able to treat it.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

If you have any water kefir on the go, you can use some of the grains to ferment cranberry juice to reduce the sugar content. In the long-term, check your vitamin D status and supplement as needed, and keep taking vitamin C too.

Ladyoh
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I have not had a UTI for years and then all of a sudden two days ago I felt like I was getting one…urgency and burning when I urinate. I did not want to go the antibiotic route unless I really had to so after some online research I decided to go to Walmart and buy Cystex Cranberry Liquid Supplement along with 100% Cranberry juice. I started taking it yesterday. The directions state to take up to two tablespoons once a day, I took two right away and then about 12 hours later took one more tablespoon and then another one this morning. In addition I have been drinking lots of water and the cranberry juice and I can honestly say it’s much, much better. It seems to be working. I know that you really can’t let a UTI go and I won’t. If it continues like it is I don’t think I will have to go to the doctor. I think the key is catching very early on, which I think I did. It’s worth a try, especially early on. And unlike some liquid supplements the taste is not bad at all!

I should add that I take Aleve on a daily basis so I’ve just continued that and that has helped with the little bit of pain I had when this first started.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/cystex-liquid-cranberry-complex-with-proantinox/ID=prod6031060-product?ext=gooMedicines_ampersand_Treatments_PLA_Dietary_Supplements_prod6031060_pla&adtype=%7Badtype%7D&kpid=prod6031060&sst=38e7036b-c8e5-edc9-db46-00004087dc2b

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi,
    This is just a snip of my experience…
    This exact thing happened to me just 2 days after going on the diet and I refused antibiotics and ran to the health store for D-Mannose power.
    It is the simple sugar found in cranberries. It is basically a concentrated from of the part of the cranberry so well known in treating UTI’s. It works by coating your urinary tract and bladder so that the bacteria can not attach itself. It does not kill anything and will not react to yeast and is much more effective then cranberry extract alone.
    I used an entire bottle within two days and my UTI was gone completely within 3-4 days : )
    Good luck! Hang in there!
    Hope this helps
    : )

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Uva Ursa is for urinary tract infections. Its a natural herb and anti bacteria.

Ladyoh
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Update…I ended up going to the doctor and I’m glad I did. She put me on Cipro and told me that Cystex Cranberry Liquid Supplement along with 100% Cranberry juice can “prevent” a UTI but once a UTI is there it’s not easy to get rid of without an antibiotic. She said that if you let it go too long a simple UTI can become a major kidney or bladder infection. To prevent yeast infection she told me eat something like Activia yogurt once a day while on the antibiotics and at least a few days after. I’ve been on the antibiotics for 5 days and I feel back to normal and so far no signs of yeast infection.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oh no – I feel like I'm getting a urinary tract infection!’ is closed to new replies.