Nystatin Enemas – Toxicity? Unsafe for Persons with Leaky Gut?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin Enemas – Toxicity? Unsafe for Persons with Leaky Gut?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

clandestine
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 18

I’m ready to start Nystatin enemas. I’ve received powdered Nystatin, and have the appropriate enema tools. My question relates to something dvjorge said on thecandidadiet.com about Nystatin toxicity.

dvjorge mentions:
    Nystatin doesn’t have any significant bacterial activity. It is extremely toxic to humans if it reaches the bloodstream. It can be used orally because it doesn’t cross the intestinal epithelium in considerable amounts ( 99% recovered in feces )

I am guessing you are confusing Nystatin ( a polyene class drug ) with the Echinocandins. Nystatin attacks the ergosterol synthesis pathway in the fungal cell wall. Ergosterol is very similar to Cholesterol found in human cells. Nystatin will attack our own cells if it gets the blood. It will cause liver damage and severe toxicity.

However, the Echinocandins target 1,3 Beta Glucan that isn’t found in human cells. They aren’t toxic to humans since its selective activity against Glucan.

Jorge.
    source: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/cured-i-found-this-post-in-curezone-today-12/page/2/

I’m wondering, if someone has leaky gut (intestinal permeability), would a Nystatin enema be discouraged due to toxicity? As leaky gut is closely related to Candida issues, does this in any way imply Nystatin enemas are unsafe?

Any insights or advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

clandestine
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 18

Can no one provide any insights or answers to this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the enemas target the colon whereas leaky gut occurs in the intestine.  The enemas don’t reach the intestine.  Hope this helps.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin Enemas – Toxicity? Unsafe for Persons with Leaky Gut?’ is closed to new replies.