Nystatin and Garlic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Nystatin and Garlic

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chocoholic 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

Does the body need to take a break from this? Is it one of the antifungals to rotate? I have been taking both for several months as I am hesitating to start diflucan since I haven’t found a DR or naturopath that I feel comfortable with. I am wondering if I should take a break and focus on taking just probiotics for awhile. I would switch to SF722 or oregano oil but my sensitivity test indicates that my strand of candida does not respond to these. Thanks in advance!

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

How do I get a sensitivity test? I tested positive for candida and wanted to know which one. Is this a way of finding this out? I also have been doing the garlic and probiotics for a couple weeks. MD ordered diflucan for me (200mg first day then 100mg for 2 weeks). My naturopath is not the greatest either. Right now this forum is all I have to go on.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

chocoholic wrote: Does the body need to take a break from this? Is it one of the antifungals to rotate? I have been taking both for several months as I am hesitating to start diflucan since I haven’t found a DR or naturopath that I feel comfortable with. I am wondering if I should take a break and focus on taking just probiotics for awhile. I would switch to SF722 or oregano oil but my sensitivity test indicates that my strand of candida does not respond to these. Thanks in advance!

What about coconut oil, have you tried that yet? Since coconut oil can benefit the good bacteria you’re trying to restore, I would try that for a week or two and then start focusing on probiotics.

Able

chocoholic

Able, I am intaking coconut oil as I use it for all my cooking. May I continue that along with probiotics. I am traveling soon and hoped to just take probiotics as much as possible and give my body a break from antifungals…I won’t be able to cook with the coconut oil.

Tsunny, the sensitivity test is through http://www.doctorsdata.com. It is a stool test. 1-800-323-2784. I have an MD in NJ that orders it for me but I am sure you can get it yourself.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

chocoholic wrote: Able, I am intaking coconut oil as I use it for all my cooking. May I continue that along with probiotics. I am traveling soon and hoped to just take probiotics as much as possible and give my body a break from antifungals…I won’t be able to cook with the coconut oil.

If I were you, Choc, I would take the coconut oil with me and take it by the spoonful; this is totally different and has many more benefits than just cooking with it. The coconut oil and probiotics would be all you need during your trip.

Able

chocoholic

OK, If I consume it raw by the spoonful how many spoons/day would be enough? The thought of it is a little hard to digest…but I will try to do it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nystatin and Garlic’ is closed to new replies.