NYC Long Island dr naturopath

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions NYC Long Island dr naturopath

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sandrinigirl 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

EricaI
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 17

Hi,
    Anyone have any experience with doctors or naturopaths in NYC (or close to nyc) or on Long Island?
    Would love to hear some recommendations!
    Thanks,
    Erica

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

EricaI;51734 wrote: Hi,
    Anyone have any experience with doctors or naturopaths in NYC (or close to nyc) or on Long Island?
    Would love to hear some recommendations!
    Thanks,
    Erica

You can use this link to search for holistic MDs and NDs that will treat people for Candidiasis:

Functional Medicine Practitioner Search

Cheers,
    CS

EricaI
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 17

Thank you! How will I know if they treat candidiasis? Will I have to call around?
    I searched for it under specialties but no one comes up
    Thanks again!!
    Erica

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

EricaI;51739 wrote: Thank you! How will I know if they treat candidiasis? Will I have to call around?
    I searched for it under specialties but no one comes up
    Thanks again!!
    Erica

To be listed on that web site, a doctor has to have completed at least a week-long training session in functional (holistic) medicine, such as is described here. Notice that the first topic is “Gastrointestinal dysfunction and its links to chronic disease”. It doesn’t explicitly mention candidiasis, but I can’t imagine that candidiasis wouldn’t be discussed, especially since the chairman of the board of the Institute for Functional Medicine (Dr. Mark Hyman) has been treating people for candidiasis for years (here’s an article he wrote).

I used the link to find a doctor near me. I did call him first, just to make sure he treated people for candidiasis.

I don’t think anyone would list candida as their specialty. You could try someone whose specialty is something like ‘internal medicine’ or ‘general medicine’.

Cheers,
    CS

sandrinigirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Erica,

I am seeing a wonderful Naturopath in NYC who is treating my candida. She is also the person who diagnosed me after being in pain for months and going through a zillion drs and tests. She was the only one who had me tested for candida.

Her name is Gabrielle Francis…she is wonderful. She is also a Chiropractor and acupuncturist. Here is her website: http://theherbanalchemist.com/

She has truly been a life saver.

Best,
    Sandra

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘NYC Long Island dr naturopath’ is closed to new replies.