Nutbutter Cookies – Delicious!

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Nutbutter Cookies – Delicious!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  heyitsme 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hmarie90
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

One of my favorite recipes to make (and eat!) when I was young, was a certain Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I have recently adapted it to be candida-diet-friendly and was thrilled at how well the cookies have turned out!

I have made two batches so far and did them a little differently. Here is the recipe for the first batch:

1/4 cup coconut oil
    1/8 to 1/4 tsp stevia
    1-2 TBSP xylitol
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup nutbutter (I like to use half tahini and half almond or sunbutter – I make them at home)
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 buckwheat flour
    1/3 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp (scant) salt

Mix the first five ingredients – beat well. Mix the last four ingredients and add to the wet mixture. Blend together … it should make a thick dough. Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet, press flat with a fork, bake at 350 F degrees for about 8 minutes. Makes about 15 cookies.

This is the recipe I made today:

6 TBSP coconut oil
    1/4 tsp stevia
    2 TBSP xylitol
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup nutbutter
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 cup buckwheat flour
    1/2 cup oat bran
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt

Follow the same instructions as above. The only difficulty I ran into with these, was that they were too dry as I as mixing all the ingredients together. I just added enough coconut milk to moisten it into a stiff dough. This could probably be remedied by adding an extra egg … I didn’t think about that until it was too late! This batch made 30 cookies.

These are delicious! I think the top recipe made cookies that were more soft and moist, whereas the oat bran in the second recipe makes a heavier, more filling cookie. Either way, I am really enjoying them.

BTW, I’m sure you could make them with only stevia … the original recipe used honey, so you just have to add something that will give it more moisture (coconut milk, oil, egg, etc)

Enjoy!

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

Hey! Im in nashville! do you have any kefir grains??
    These cookies sound amazing. Wonder how much stevia if you leave out the xylitol?
    Are nutbutters allowed if homeade?

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I don’t think xylitol is a good idea or the almond butter. BUT I wonder about *sunflower seed butters*? πŸ™‚
    Anyone know?

fixme
    Participant

Are the cookies moist and chewy? I might try for my birthday in a few weeks.
    Although I found this,

Able900;22206 wrote: All seeds, including sunflower seeds, can cause mucus in the body; I have no idea whether the butter from these seeds would or not, but since almond and peanut butter can, I imagine they will as well. Because of this I can only say that, if you decide to try this, just realize that you can be taking a risk because you don’t want excess mucus in your body at this time, so treat it as a potential dangerous test food. The same applies to pumpkin seed butter or any other type of nut/seed butter.

Able

hmarie90

Emsmith;34184 wrote: Hey! Im in nashville! do you have any kefir grains??
    These cookies sound amazing. Wonder how much stevia if you leave out the xylitol?
    Are nutbutters allowed if homeade?

I don’t have any kefir grains πŸ™ I used to but stopped making it after doing a lot of traveling and my grains died πŸ™

I use powdered stevia and the ratio is about 1 tsp to 1 cup of sugar/honey. On the first recipe, it would have called for 1/3 cup honey, so I’d use about 1/3 tsp stevia. On the second recipe, about 1/2 tsp stevia.

I’m not really sure about the nut butters … according to the list of foods to eat on the strict diet (stage two), almonds and sunflower seeds are allowed … it doesn’t mention sesame seeds (tahini) but I’ve seen it used in other places and I haven’t had a problem with it. I really enjoy eating it (tahini) on salad πŸ™‚

hmarie90

fixme;34193 wrote: I don’t think xylitol is a good idea or the almond butter. BUT I wonder about *sunflower seed butters*? πŸ™‚
    Anyone know?

According to the list of foods to eat on the strict diet (stage two), almonds and sunflower seeds are allowed.

hmarie90

fixme;34194 wrote: Are the cookies moist and chewy? I might try for my birthday in a few weeks.
    Although I found this,

All seeds, including sunflower seeds, can cause mucus in the body; I have no idea whether the butter from these seeds would or not, but since almond and peanut butter can, I imagine they will as well. Because of this I can only say that, if you decide to try this, just realize that you can be taking a risk because you don’t want excess mucus in your body at this time, so treat it as a potential dangerous test food. The same applies to pumpkin seed butter or any other type of nut/seed butter.

Able

Not exactly chewy, but moist. The first recipe (without oat bran) is more moist than with it.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Most forum members are using a stricter diet list formulated by users Able900 and raster. It excludes nuts and seeds, whereas the website’s diet is less strict and includes more items, which is where the confusion is coming from.

fixme
    Participant

I modified the recipe to be completely stage 1, although the hemp is a “test food”

1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/8 to 1/4 tsp stevia
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup HEMP SEED BUTTER (handmade: 1 cup hemp seeds with 3 tbsp hemp oil, blend 5 minutes)
    1/2 cup coconut flour
    1/2 oat bran (gluten-free)
    1/3 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp himalayan/korean salt

To make the Hemp seed butter: 1 cup hemp seeds to 3 tbsp hemp oil. Add in sprinkle of salt and stevia. Put in Vitamix/blender for 5 minutes while stopping to stir/scrape sides of blender.

Cook 8 minutes at 350f. I found the cookies a little dry but the cookie dough tastes *amazing* πŸ˜€ Let’s just say I would *want* to eat this stuff even off the diet. The cookies would have to be great with a glass of kefir.

heyitsme
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 11

Really good thanks for the recipe

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nutbutter Cookies – Delicious!’ is closed to new replies.