Not sure if diet is working

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not sure if diet is working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lornac1978
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi all

I self diagnosed candida a while ago and started on the diet about two and a half months ago. My symptoms were really bad toenail fungus, difficulty losing weight, gas, and really bad anxiety and irrational thoughts.

Since starting the diet, I have removed everything food wise that is recommended apart from the occasional alcoholic drink. I take pre/probiotics and kefir and sauerkraut daily. I take coconut oil, fresh garlic, oregano oil, pau d’arco and aloe Vera as antifungals. And i also take Apple cider vinegar and veganzyme for digestion/biofilm removal.

My feet are already starting to clear up, I’ve lost a lot of weight but my anxiety hasn’t gotten a whole lot better. The last week I have increased my probiotics (changes from prescript assist to now foods 25 billion probiotic) and my anxiety has got worse so I’m cutting back.

I haven’t taken molybdenum although I’m picking some up tomorrow (bio care liquid). I have taken milk thistle but not for a little while. Do you think the problem could be that I’m not detoxing properly? If so what would you guys recommend? Any other suggestions would be most welcomed!

Thank you!!

Lorna

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

As I said in the other post, changes to your gut flora can definitely lead to anxiety, but it’s probably only temporary. If you’re worried about it, try cutting back on your probiotics for a few days (that means the foods as well as the supplements!) See if that helps.

It’s great that you’ve seen such big improvements on your feet, weight etc 🙂

Lornac1978
    Participant
    Replies: 1

Hi wiley200

Thanks for your reply. One last question though: can probiotics relax you in the long run?

Thanks again!
    Lorna

Wiley200
    Participant
    Replies: 386

I think that having a properly balanced intestinal microbiome will help you to managed stress and anxiety better. Probiotics, along with the diet etc, should help to get you there eventually.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are taking a lot of antifungals. These are not going to cure you and you only need one antifungal. I recommend pulling back on antifungals and take lower doseage and your anxiety should decrease. Also flax oil should help with anxiety. Take the milk thistle for a few months to avoid die-off and to help detoxing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Not sure if diet is working’ is closed to new replies.