Not Candida-Maybe blastocystis hominis after stool test

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Not Candida-Maybe blastocystis hominis after stool test

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mattcotton37 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

mattcotton37
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

Hi,

Ive been on this site reading and asking questions for about 18 months thinking i was dealing with a candida infection. After months of trying the diet and having a lot of improvement i still didn’t feel well. I decided to have a stool test collected over 3 days and was the most comprehensive one i could find that covered everything and cost about £250 through a fully qualifed and experienced nutritionist.

The results showed no candida at all, but did say i had “no growth” of lactobacillus and only 2+ of Bifidobacterium. It also picked up blastocystis hominis, but in very small amounts.

I then saw the doctor the next day and he said he didnt want to give me anti-biotics for the potential blastocystis and instead referred me to a gastroenterologist, which unless i go prvate will be about 6 month froms now. Great the NHS!

Rather baffled and confused, but will keep on with a clean diet and.

Does anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks

Matt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Not Candida-Maybe blastocystis hominis after stool test’ is closed to new replies.