No improvement

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions No improvement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gypsycamper 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gypsycamper
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

My son and I started the diet on March 3rd and we have had no improvement. I don’t know what we’re doing wrong. I figured I’d ask a couple questions on here before we give up.
    Here is a list of Organic foods we’ve been eating:
    Chicken, turkey, eggs, millet flour, quinoa, butter, refined coconut oil, olive oil, buckwheat, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, turnips, green bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, xylitol, arrowroot, coconut milk (unsweetened), lemon juice, alcohol free vanilla extract, yacon syrup, apple cider vinegar, coconut flour, Nestle Pure Life bottled water, baking soda, baking powder once a week (aluminum free)
    Spices: Cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, chilli powder, oregano, cumin, basil
    That’s every single thing we’ve been eating. Can you please let me know if there’s something in this list that’s keeping us from getting well?
    As for supplements we just take: Probiotics (Florastor), Vitamin C, and MSM
    Thank you in advance,
    Jolene

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

In general you need a well thought out plan prescribed by a professional in order to get better which typically requires spending more money. They can help address multiple problems all at same time and get you on a plan to get better.

The diets plus a few supplements typically is not enough for anyone to get better and you need a lot more aid to get better.

The main iffy stuff in your diet is xylitol and yacon syrup which may benefit the yeast. The millet could affect your thyroid health negatively so it could be causing problems too.

-raster

gypsycamper
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thank you for your response Raster. A Naturopath is who diagnosed us with Candida but her diet consists of a lot things that your web site says no to (wheat and dairy were on her ok list for example). So I follow yours :). The main issue that my son and I are dealing with is fatigue. I guess “No Improvement” was not the right choice of words. We have seen some improvements just not in our energy levels. I’ll try changing the millet to buckwheat or quinoa flour and stop yacon and use less xylitol for a bit and see if that helps.
    I’m just concerned because my son’s weight went down to 110lbs at 6ft. What can he eat to gain weight haha.
    The doctor did say that I’ve probably had this Candida for over 25 years so I’m assuming it’ll take longer to recover.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘No improvement’ is closed to new replies.