nicolita's candida adventures!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals nicolita's candida adventures!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nicolita 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nicolita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hello all!

How serendipitous it is that I have stumbled across this community – I’m all at once sad to see so many people suffering with candida, and relieved that I’m not alone. I’ve been experiencing a wide range of emotions as I move through, step by step, my personal cleanse/detox process. From abject depression, to sheer joy. Mood swings, fatigue, brain fog, oh MY! Today I was in a coffee shop having a pot of chamomile tea and I sank into a deep despair watching a couple at another table share a giant chocolate chip cookie.

In comparison to a lot of the stories I’ve read here so far, my symptoms seem relatively mild. However, for me they’re bad enough to make me more interested in never waking up again, than waking up one more day feeling like a zombie.

I guess it probably all started about 3 years ago. I started getting super frequent vaginal infections. I was in an out of my gyn’s office so often, it was absurd. Nothing worked. I finally went to see my Ayurvedic Dr., and she put me on a strict no sugar diet. I half-assed it for a few weeks and then returned to my regular diet. The vaginal infections kind of went away on their own eventually, but I was left with what I would describe as a chronic low-grade yeast infection. Barely detectable or bothersome but present.

Last February I started to feel like I was coming down with a cold, and well….it never went away. o-O

Basically I wake up every day feeling like I either have the worst allergies ever or a raging case of sinusitis. My sinuses are inflamed, nasal passages clogged, sometimes I have a bit of a sore throat. It gets better as the day progresses, and then I usually fall into an afternoon slump. Coffee used to be the only thing that would get me through the day. I switched from coffee to green tea about a week and a half ago, which has felt really good, and I know it’s not ideal for the strict diet, but I need to move more gradually into it, or I get too overwhelmed.

The diet I am following right now is kind of a blend of what I was advised by my Ayurvedic Dr. and what I’ve learned through my own research as well as a friend who’s a nutritionist and struggled with candida herself. In a nutshell – no gluten, no sugar (includes no fruit except for an occasional squeeze of lemon, no booze), no coffee, no starchy/sugary veggies. I am eating eggs, and salmon a couple times a week. Any other meat makes me absolutely nauseous. I ate an organic lamb burger the weekend before last and I almost had to call into work sick. Speaking of work, part of why I am doing the diet the way that I am is because my work requires me to be very active and social. For this reason and because of my issue with meat, I’ve kept two legumes in my diet that I digest well: chickpeas and red lentils. Other than that it’s tons of salads, quinoa, and steamed veggies, as well as tons of coconut oil of course. I feel like all I do is shop for food, cook, clean up, and work. I’ve been taking lots of hot baths….I’m currently taking a probiotic in the morning (megaflora 50 bill), vitamin C, b complex, and vitamin D (im deficient), milk thistle as well as a vibrant health green shake once a day.

I’m about 3 weeks in and experience relief in some areas, but not others. The quality of sleep has vastly improved, but I still feel sluggish and stuffed up when I wake up in the morning. There have been a couple of mornings, though, where I woke feeling better. I can’t figure out why some days are better than others, but that’s where I’m at right now. I’ve also had random bursts of energy where I somehow suddenly feel free of all my symptoms, completely clear headed and light-hearted. As I write this I feel completely run down and my sinuses are throbbing.

*sigh*

Considering adding Triphala and Neem to my routine to keep my liver healthy during “die-off”, which I suppose is what’s happening right now.

This kind of sucks. It’s so tempting every day to just go back to the cycle of a couple glasses of wine at night to sooth the physical and emotional pain, and then coffee in the morning to get the motor running…I can’t thrive like that though, which is why I find myself here. I want to thrive, not just survive. I hope that we will all eventually find relief through taking charge of our own health & well being.

Blessings!

nicolita
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

ps – I forgot to include some of my other symptoms and improvements.

symptoms – occasional vertigo
    clogged ears

improvements – bm are regular and solid now. sometimes they even come several times a day, as opposed to once in the morning after coffee. yay! also i feel things are getting better and better down under every day. less itching and discharge.

It’s difficult having a social life right now, but I kind of am enjoying taking lots of “me” time to rest and reflect and get healthy. it’s hard enough balancing THAT with my two jobs, so i’m going to keep taking it easy.

thanks for letting me vent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘nicolita's candida adventures!’ is closed to new replies.