Newbie to forum but veteran sufferer!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Newbie to forum but veteran sufferer!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katemate3 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bikerbabe
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Just wanted to say hi and I can’t believe it has taken me so long to find you! Looks like a lovely supportive group from what I’ve read so far 🙂

I am 38 yrs old with a nearly 2 yr old little one to look after. I was first diagnosed with candida 15 years ago by a homeopathic doctor after months of going to my GP and being told its a virus/it’s all in your head/etc. (I was a classic antibiotic/contraceptive pill popping candidate). It was such a relief to have a diagnosis. I got prescribed amphotericin and the sugar/yeast free diet and it was a miracle to quickly have my life back.

I haven’t eaten sugar since then, but I became vegetarian about a yr later due to my new boyfriend at the time (very important to him). Over the years I have felt a bit ‘fungal’ now and then, so I would stop eating bread and take citricidal for a few days and would be OK.

BUT… I don’t think it has ever properly gone away. I never put the pieces together until this year, but I suddenly developed excema about 5 years ago after cleaning mold off a wall and I have had more and more instances of breathlessness (asthma symptoms) over the years which I put down to being a smoker and being unfit.

Anyway…. It all came to a head in March this year when I ended up in hospital with a full blown asthma attack… Very scary. I had every blood test under the sun and surprise surprise the doc says I am fine… I have cut out gluten and dairy for months now and initally my chest cleared amazingly, so I know I have multiple food intolerances/allergies, presumably caused by leaky gut which is caused by the candida!!!!! ARGH!!!

Starting a mission now to sort this out once and for all as I am SICK of feeling like SHIT all the time! I have a little girl who needs a healthy mama.

Sorry that was so long. Just wanted to introduce myself.

bikerbabe
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Forgot to say, I have been coming round to the realisation that there is a strong emotional/energetic aspect to this (for me at least). A few months ago I was invited along to see a lady who practises Energy Medicine. I was naturally skeptical, but I definitely felt an improvement after seeing her and keeping up the exercises she gave me to do.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is what I need to do to get well as its is definitly more complex than physically getting rid of the yeast!

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hello! Welcome 🙂 I’m rather new here too, but have found this forum really helpful for a number of reasons. Candida is hard enough to deal with, let alone having to look after a child at the same time! I have also been meditating recently and found it an enormous help. Good luck with your journey 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Newbie to forum but veteran sufferer!’ is closed to new replies.