New to furum

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to furum

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Davies 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Rob Davies
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

Hi I am new to this forumn. I am a male 37 troubled by yeast. I have suffered for nearly two years after taking antibiotics. I then went to see a Riki guy and my thrush etc improved. He got me to take Repleat, cut out sugar not potatoes, fruit but said i was ok with wheat and oats. My thrush and genital problems improved. I had a lot of die off but was was experiencing bloating IBS type symptoms. I was then questioning did i have a yeast problem. I then gave up seeing him as i felt it was not yeast related. I had blood test – that said no candida. I then started eat crap again. My stools were messy and sloppy. They had improved as i believe as a result f live yogurt. I then had some more tests done that confirmed i was sensitive to wheat,dairy,oats and gluten etc. In march this year i tried the erica white diet and left these things out including live yogurt. After 6 months no real improvement although i had experienced die off. I have tried PH miracle diet for a month or so no change.

Now i am working on what i have learned – i reckon live yogurt is key. Some say no to this. I think i eat too many carbs to maintain weight. I am now going to stick to millet, quionoa and buckwheat (no sure if some has buckwheat). I take probiotics everyday. My questions are:-

a) should i do a colon cleanse – not sure really what to do. I dont want to lose any more weight. I have not eaten a single piece of crap for 9 months.
    b) I have no die off – taking grapefruit seed extract.
    c) I exercise every night with a 40 minute walk
    d) The improvement in stools when taking live yogurt – what does this mean?

Any advice really helpful

Thanks
    Rob (in UK)

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Welcome to the forum Rob!

It looks very much like a candida problem too me.
    A very good starter is to read our protocol here and follow the steps outlined there.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

A) I would not do a colon cleanse. If you buy powerful and good quality probiotics and then float them out of your intestines. I dont see a point in it.

B)on the list you will find several anti-fungals, rotate these every week.
    Oil of Oregano, SF722, Grapefruit seed extract etc
    D) Probiotics are powerful antifungals and heal your intestines. If you find an improvement in your intestines than I guess its a good sign of healing.

You should stick to, if possible organic, to Kefir!

Double check with the diet here on the forum. The diet we have here is different than the one here on the webpage. Make sure you stick to this one!

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

If you still eat wheat, potatoes, oats and fruits than you are feeding the candida. Please read and stick to our Allowed food list.

Hope I could help you a little before Able or Raster will answer you!
    cheers
    Thomas

Rob Davies

Hi Thomas

Many thanks for your reply – Do you suggest not using live natural yogurt. Not sure where to get kifir from? Also where is the best place to SF722 in UK. I have the other antifungals. Is stool improvements when eating natural yogurt a good sign. I used to notice white flem in stool – not any longer. How much carbs should i eat?

Thanks Rob

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Forum – it’s best to wait for Able to log on in his US time zone and he’ll address most of your specific queries.

I just wanted to comment on the fact that you’re in the UK… I’m in Ireland and it can be hard to get some of the things the guys recommend. The SF722 & Molybdenum are the 2 most important things on the list and I couldn’t get either here and couldn’t order in. Also the stronger probiotics can be difficult to get. I got a friends husband in the states to buy a few bits and post them over and ordered a probiotic from Amazon UK (but not the best one unfortunately).

Kefir is like a drinking yoghurt and far higher in probiotics than your standard live yoghurt. A really good health food store should have it but it can be pricey (€2.90 per tub here) but then I found it in the Polish section of my local Tesco for €89 – result! Any Polish/ Eastern European shop will have a stock.

All the best with your recovery… and as I said, hold tough for Able to repond later.

Lucy

Thomas

Hi Rob,
    you can make kefir yourself if its too expensive for you in England.
    Then have a look at the food allowed list, there you find everything we eat here on the diet. Why we say you should try to find organic Greek yoghurt has to do with the fact that it is very low on sugar.

This Swedish webshop has SF222 and very good probiotica. I ordered my stuff from them.

http://www.greatlife.se/halsoprodukter/fFormula-SF722-mot-Candida-undekansyra-undecy/

Probiotica
    http://www.greatlife.se/halsokost/mage-och-tarm/

I think i read somewhere that Able said that the white flem stool is a sign of death candia coming out of your system. But ask him for that again just to make sure.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thank you, Thomas and Lucy; I really appreciate your input these days, much appreciated, so thanks again.

Rob, Thomas and Lucy were both right on track with their information. If you’ll just go by the allowed-foods list on the link that Thomas posted for you, you should be fine as far as the diet is concerned.

As far as millet, quinoa, and buckwheat are concerned, you would be much better off if you stick with only the buckwheat during the first month of our diet. Even though it has the word “wheat” in it, it really is not a wheat product at all but rather a flowering bearing plant.

Homemade kefir is one of the best whole-food supplements you can take. It’s a natural antifungal, plus it’s full of amino-acids which form antibodies to fight infections. Amino-acids also interfere with the colonization as well as the development of cells within the Candida walls. Kefir will also add tons of beneficial bacteria to the digestive system.

Body Ecology has an easy-to-make powdered kefir starter, this brand is sold by the site below which is located in the UK.
    http://www.red23.co.uk/Body-Ecology-Kefir-Starter_p_50.html

In addition to the antifungals you named, garlic is a good whole-food type of antifungal that you can use every day if your system can handle it. Alternate the antifungal supplements every two weeks, this will prevent the Candida from adapting to one.
    As far as how to know if a specific antifungal is effective against your specific Candida infestation; this is why using one antifungal at a time, especially in the beginning, is important. If you receive any type of die-off from an antifungal, then it’s only common sense that it is killing some of the Candida, like I wrote, common sense. Taking it for at least two weeks will prevent the Candida from adapting. Antifungals such as GSE, oil of oregano, and even the Undecenoic Acid will not cure the infestation, but they will destroy enough of the Candida in the beginning to give some relief from the symptoms and allow a good head start on your treatment.

The improvement in your stools when eating yogurt means that you are replenishing the beneficial flora or bacteria in your intestines which is destroying the Candida.
    Please do not do a colon cleanse as this not only washes out unwanted pathogens, but it will also remove the beneficial bacterial from the colon which is detrimental to your treatment.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Able

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

hi Rob

I could say it’s nice to hear from you but I won’t because by the very nature of you coming to the forum neans you have a problem and I wouldn’t wish candida on anyone. Anyway you will find your own UK sources of products I’m sure but here is one that might get you started for molybdenum, http://www.finchleyclinic.com They are a good efficient company and postage is free as well which is a great help with paying out for the different products. I’ve also found Holland and Barretts to be good value for some products.

In addition when purchasing some of the foods/grains etc on the diet you might wish to try http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk though postage is payable on their sales. E-bay and amazon can also be a good source of some products.

Anyway I wish you well in your battle to better health

Rob Davies

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support – The one think i did not understand was Able’s comment on :- Antifungals such as GSE, oil of oregano, and even the Undecenoic Acid will not cure the infestation, but they will destroy enough of the Candida in the beginning to give some relief from the symptoms and allow a good head start on your treatment.

Also can i just make kifr in a jar.As regards buckwheat do i only eat buckwheat or can i make buckwheat products. Can i use rice milk. Do i restrict the amount of buckwheat. Its a very expensive problem this so how do i know i am winning? I do like buckwheat pancakes. I have all the anti fungals except SF222 so due to money can i start this one last. How long will that kifr powder last plus sf222

Thanks
    Rob

Rob Davies

Thomas wrote: Hi Rob,
    you can make kefir yourself if its too expensive for you in England.
    Then have a look at the food allowed list, there you find everything we eat here on the diet. Why we say you should try to find organic Greek yoghurt has to do with the fact that it is very low on sugar.

This Swedish webshop has SF222 and very good probiotica. I ordered my stuff from them.

http://www.greatlife.se/halsoprodukter/fFormula-SF722-mot-Candida-undekansyra-undecy/

Probiotica
    http://www.greatlife.se/halsokost/mage-och-tarm/

I think i read somewhere that Able said that the white flem stool is a sign of death candia coming out of your system. But ask him for that again just to make sure.

yours
    Thomas

can not understand swedish – how much for how many

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The SF722 last approximately 3 months if you have 6 capsules per day. I take 2 capsules per meal. You might want to start out at 4 capsule per day at first.

Do a google shopping search for “SF722 thorne” and this will show you all of the places that ship it in the UK and sort by price.

Buckwheat is available in a few forms. First buckwheat flour can be used for baking. Second the cream of buckwheat is similar to oatmeal and can be eaten for breakfast. Third, raw buckwheat can be cooked/steamed and is similar to rice/quinoa; you can likely find it in the bulk isle of your local health food or organic food store.

-Raster

Rob Davies

raster wrote: The SF722 last approximately 3 months if you have 6 capsules per day. I take 2 capsules per meal. You might want to start out at 4 capsule per day at first.

Do a google shopping search for “SF722 thorne” and this will show you all of the places that ship it in the UK and sort by price.

Buckwheat is available in a few forms. First buckwheat flour can be used for baking. Second the cream of buckwheat is similar to oatmeal and can be eaten for breakfast. Third, raw buckwheat can be cooked/steamed and is similar to rice/quinoa; you can likely find it in the bulk isle of your local health food or organic food store.

-Raster

http://www.vitaminsuk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27840

found this but still confused on buckwheat – do i just add water for cooking? I have buckwheat pasta. I also use Goodness direct – can you pick what i can have. Do I take SF722 with antifungals. Cheers Rob

Thomas

Hi Rob
    if you want to translate stuff. You only copy and past it into google translate and you get a good fair chance of understanding the page.

this is what I got from one section:
    Contents

Contains 200 capsules.
    1 capsule contains:

10-Undecylensyra (from castor oil) 50 mg

Other Ingredients: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Gelatin (tilapia) and Vegetable Glycerin.

Dosage

Recommended daily dose is 5 capsules three times a day.

then when you want to check how much it cost you check with Forex.se or one exchange in your country.

and in the exchange I got 31,86 GBP
    That would be the price for the SF722 in GBP

You have to check through the probiota with the translator and see what you want . I recommend the Flora 50-14 (48,72 GBP ) that is if you have the money otherwise the Flora 20-14 (26,45 GBP )is great too.

cheers
    Thomas

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Hi Rob,
    I am also new to this forum , but I believe I can help you. These guys here have experience and a well thought diet (very important) Keep around of a well oriented group because that is something hard to find. I normally visit 4 forums and 2 yahoo groups, and trust me, there are many people totally lost. CRC is a serious syndrome that need smart decisions, good guidance, and discipline. Over anything, discipline !!
    You have made mistakes, serious mistakes caused by the poor guidance, that don’t allow you to progress.
    You can correct those mistakes and get the right track even when there are many things implicated that can be addressed during the treatment.

No everybody knows how to treat it, and to get results, sometimes, it is an odyssey but possible.!
    Good Luck,
    Jorge.

Rob Davies

dvjorge wrote: Hi Rob,
    I am also new to this forum , but I believe I can help you. These guys here have experience and a well thought diet (very important) Keep around of a well oriented group because that is something hard to find. I normally visit 4 forums and 2 yahoo groups, and trust me, there are many people totally lost. CRC is a serious syndrome that need smart decisions, good guidance, and discipline. Over anything, discipline !!
    You have made mistakes, serious mistakes caused by the poor guidance, that don’t allow you to progress.
    You can correct those mistakes and get the right track even when there are many things implicated that can be addressed during the treatment.

No everybody knows how to treat it, and to get results, sometimes, it is an odyssey but possible.!
    Good Luck,
    Jorge.

cheers Jorge – how are you progressing andwhen did you start

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For the raw buckwheat, you cook it similarly to rice which is a 1:2 ratio (1/2 cup buckwheat, 1 cup water). Let the water boil and then add buckwheat and turn to low. 15 minutes later the buckwheat should be good to go and no water left…

I add some spices to it to make it taste better and then I’m set!

The cream of buckwheat is cooked at a 1:3 ratio and takes 10 minutes to cook.

What kind of diet are you planning on doing? Are you planning on doing the cleanse? What supplements will you plan on taking?

-Raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘New to furum’ is closed to new replies.