New to diet…Need help and advice, Severe reaction to antibiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice New to diet…Need help and advice, Severe reaction to antibiotics

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Hi all,

I am new to the site and on day two of cleansing. Here’s my story to sum it up.

3.5 years ago had severe allergic reaction to Cipro and Levaquin; quinolone antibiotics. The reaction to these pills is quite disturbing as the damage gets progressively worse in severe cases for years and years ending in chronic and permanent tendon damage, gastro, neurological, you name it..I’ve been through hell the past 3 years.

It would take me all night to go over it but to sum it up, I believe my reaction to these pills not only have led to extreme hypersensitivity to processed foods and meats (a very common issue) but also led to a yeast problem in my body and honestly I’ll do anything to determine if yeast could be causing gastro problems for 3 years now. All the candida symptoms seem to add up to this, especially the fuzzy/white tongue and my constant dry mouth which is leading me to insanity.

About a year ago I saw a somewhat nutsie holistic doctor, after running my blood work he mentioned I had tested positive to candida but he did not seem concerned at all and brushed it off like it was normal. After running across this site I truly believe that this diet can really help me. One of my major issues is SEVERE dry mouth, parched all the time. The back of my tongue has gotten extremely milky, creamy, thick coating, I’ve had this for 2 years now. A few years ago I got tested for Trush but it was negative but now I feel that this is getting worse. If its not Candida what the hell could it be?

So here I am and I’ve been trying the cleanse option1 for 2 days now but I started this while I was somewhat sick and fighting the flu so here’s are my questions.

Have any of you heard of my condition, its also referred to as being “floxed”? And if so, has this diet helped?

Is it okay to start this cleansing while somewhat sick? I do not have a fever but Im definitely fighting something

And finally, I am scared SHITLESS of what I read about the Die-off, and with my condition I’m really worried that it could be worse for me than normal.

When I ran across this site I was ecstatic to learn that I may actually have hope in improving my gastro problems and possibly improve everything else, I feel like I have no choice but to do this. I am just really worried about the die-off.

Thank you for reading this and taking the time to help

Mike

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Mike, I got thrush from doc’s and medicine and can’t seem to shake it but they test me and say I don’t have it…but I too wonder what the heck is my throat sore from, why dose the edges of my tongue burn? My ENT called this group/diet a cult? I’m standing firm with these good folks they know their stuff and their wisdom is worth its weight in gold. Every time I think about eating something or doing something I first do a search here and then always think twice.

I did not do the clense so I can’t speak to that. I can tell you the oil pulling they taught me worked wonders for my thrush. I’m still doing it…trying to get in three times a day but that was hard while working. I’m now off and hope to kick this crap out of me just as you hope to.

I wish you much luck and pray that the die off is not too bad. I did have bad cramps in my legs…hurt to walk that lasted about a week. I can’t believe how my energy is restored. How much better I feel mentally. I definately had brain fog and I was over weight. Today I have lost 30 lbs and I’m so much better off.

Each milestone I pass I feel like I’m going to beat this darn stuff. Focus on your mission and LISTEN to these great folks here. They will give you amazing guidance and peace of mind. WE are so blessed to have them here.

Your in my prayers,

Jackie

Kots

Jackie, thank you for replying so quickly. At first my dry mouth and being parched started instantly that it forced me to stop drinking anything besides tons of water. I assumed that the coated milky tongue was just another side effect from having dry mouth. I’m still not sure.

The aches in your legs, I have that every day from these antibiotics, thats why the die-off scares me. I’m already in pain so I’m scared it will be detrimental to me. When you say you didn’t do the cleanse, I really don’t want to do it either lol, I didnt know if that was an option? I read on the site it really helps with the die-off. I am miserable right now eating only veggies but its a small price to pay if this helps.

Thank you again and I will take your advice and listen to everyone.

Mike

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Mike,

My candida infestation was also linked to Levaquin and Cipro. They were the triggers to my severe candidiasis. To tell you something, I took Levaquin for 28 straight days !! So, you can figure out.! I have read many stories from people who have taken quinolones. I have been in every website dedicated to quinolones damage.

Anyway, I will tell you that my experience and research have taken me to the conclusion most of the damage people blame to the quinolones is caused by a hidden intestinal fungal overgrowth that MD don’t have any idea. The quinolones trigger the fungal overgrowth and people and MD think the symptoms after the antibiotics are caused by the fact you took them. Sadly, it probably isn’t in this way in spite the antibiotics can cause reaction in some people. A fungal intestinal overgrowth can cause a ton of symptoms around the body that Drs don’t have any idea what is causing it. I believe most people suffering quinolones damage can recover if they knew about this syndrome. In fact, most of the symptoms people report after the quinolones are common during CRC. Unfortunately, most of those people haven’t found the light and have been following their MDs.

I hope you have found the way to escape of the ignorance that surround quinolone’s victims.
    I was left almost dead after them. Now, I am totally functional and keep a job and a family.
    Good Luck,
    Jorge.

sandradavis
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Don’t join a diet plan. Eat healthy.

Plenty of veggies and lean proteins (fish, chicken, the occasional egg.)

No soda, no desserts or syrups. Nothing fried.

I would say stick mostly to fruit, yogurt OR hard-boiled egg, and nuts for breakfast, maybe occasionally a healthy, low calorie, low fat cereal with milk. Oatmeal is good as well, just be careful with the honey or sugar. I actually like to eat yogurt with some drained canned peaches and yogurt and maybe some nuts.

Lunch should be a salad (maybe w/ chicken for protein) and low cal, low fat dressing (Italian’s a nice tasting somewhat healthy choice) or lunch meat with lettuce, cheese, maybe tomato rolled into it.

Dinner should be lean meats with plenty of veggies (a side salad or steamed veggies–asparagus is a great choice) and maybe some plain rice (not cheesy or lots of added flavors.) Beans are a good side as well.

Snacks should be veggies and maybe one serving of fruit a day (in addition to your breakfast), cheese, nuts, or my favorite–edamame soy beans. Add a bit of salt and you’ve got a healthy, protein-filled snack that actually has the nutritional value of a vegetable.

And drink LOTS of water! This helps your body cleanse itself and often curbs hunger. A lot of times when you think you’re hungry you’re actually thirsty. At least 64 oz a day, I shoot for closer to 100 oz.

Hope I helped you!! 🙂

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sandradavis wrote: Don’t join a diet plan. Eat healthy.

Plenty of veggies and lean proteins (fish, chicken, the occasional egg.)

No soda, no desserts or syrups. Nothing fried.

I would say stick mostly to fruit, yogurt OR hard-boiled egg, and nuts for breakfast, maybe occasionally a healthy, low calorie, low fat cereal with milk. Oatmeal is good as well, just be careful with the honey or sugar. I actually like to eat yogurt with some drained canned peaches and yogurt and maybe some nuts.

Lunch should be a salad (maybe w/ chicken for protein) and low cal, low fat dressing (Italian’s a nice tasting somewhat healthy choice) or lunch meat with lettuce, cheese, maybe tomato rolled into it.

Dinner should be lean meats with plenty of veggies (a side salad or steamed veggies–asparagus is a great choice) and maybe some plain rice (not cheesy or lots of added flavors.) Beans are a good side as well.

Snacks should be veggies and maybe one serving of fruit a day (in addition to your breakfast), cheese, nuts, or my favorite–edamame soy beans. Add a bit of salt and you’ve got a healthy, protein-filled snack that actually has the nutritional value of a vegetable.

And drink LOTS of water! This helps your body cleanse itself and often curbs hunger. A lot of times when you think you’re hungry you’re actually thirsty. At least 64 oz a day, I shoot for closer to 100 oz.

Hope I helped you!! 🙂

Hi sandradavis!

What are you talking about? This is totally nuts. Do you understand what happens if a person with candida infestation is doing what you are suggesting? Before you open your mouth trying to give advice to suffering people study your subject and don’t poison them with your advice.

Have you ever had candida infestation???
    Fruits will feed the candida! Nuts contain very often mould and should be avoided if one doesnt want his candidiasis to explode. The sugar in milk will feed the candida population. there are tons of totally crazy suggestion in your mail and I would suggest that you hang a while here and learn before you open your mouth again.

Cheers
    Thomas

Jackie2
    Participant

Mike,
    Not sure where Sandra got her information from. I can only suggest you stick to the protocol laid out here by able and raster and only that. If you read any of my post which are always questions to them they read..

I ate a small nut 1cm in size that dropped on the counter while baking and it had sugar on it. My mouth is reacting…UGH. Well, a speck of nut and few grains of sugar set me back.

I ate almond slices about a 1/2 of a teaspoon in stage one…set me back.

I used a tsp of the wrong kind of vinegar…set me back.

I ate sunflower seads on a salad about 1/2 teaspoon…set me back.

I ate a few rice crackers ( 4 -5 of them) that had soy in them…set me way back.

My little mistakes always set me back. It is shocking because the amounts are so small. When she said to eat fruit…my skin just cringed because that would be inviting something awful into your system. I first foud out I had thrush and I was creaming the inside of my mouth with oatmeal…felt good and soothing for the moment…then a huge burst of pain and more thrush…feeding the thrush. The doctor said it didn’t matter what I ate. This Forum is the truth and the light. Listen to ABLE and RASTER. I would read other’s post but for now they are our two examples of folks that have walked the walk and lived this and have come out victors.

Sorry to carry on I was just shocked by the above advice and want to give you warnings before you make the same mistakes that I have made. No matter how small of a mistake you make it feeds this crap and always sets you back.

I’m very proud of myself as I have not eaten a drop of sweets or even wanted them since November 15 so I’m making huge progress. Something I thought I could or would never do.

Be strong and I truly advise you to read this Forum. Read post by Able and Raster that will guide you and give you support, knowledge and most of all lead you down the path to healing.

Best of luck to you. And yes, I started this diet while I was very sick. Had been very sick for 5 weeks. That is what lead me to the doctors…to get those darn antibiotics that triggered this whole nightmare…but to be honest, my life is so much more under control. I’m on a path to health and wellness.

Because I was so sick the die off was just piled on…I did have much brain fog…lol but I made it through it 🙂 You will too. Enjoy your new path to good health.

Kots

Everyone, THANK YOU! You have no idea how much this has helped me.

Jorge, I cannot thank you enough. I almost burst into tears reading your post as it is giving me hope that my reaction to quinolones can be cured or at least help. I am so glad that you have helped yourself and found this.

I as well have been on all the quinolone websites, it is absolutely horrifying reading all the nightmare stories. I still have every word of the Flox Report embedded in my brain, it traumatized me so much reading that.

You have given me the strength to stick through this no matter what, thank all of you for replying. I’m sure everyone here has their own nightmare stories and struggles but with quinolone victims everything I’ve read said I am doomed for a life of suffering and to know that there could be hope on the horizon is such a blessing.

I am sticking to this diet, on day 3 of the cleanse. I am going to do whatever it takes to fight through this and hopefully I will be feeling better soon. My lifestyle and eating habits are absolutely horrible. I work 8-12 hours a day on the computer so I am constantly drinking coffee and bread was the stable of my diet! I know I can do this and I am truly grateful I found this website.

I want to do this the best way, is there a big difference with cleansing for 1 or 2 weeks, should I push it out to 2 weeks? I was thinking I’d do 10 days and then start the strict diet.

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Mike

Kots

I have one more question, when I initially had my reaction to Quinolones 3.5 years ago I had severe aches and pains everywhere in my legs.

Since then I haven’t had as much pain at all in fact the pain went away totally for over a year but it seems the last two days since doing this cleansing the pain has come back more than ever. Today it is really bad.

My confusion is that I am also sort of sick with flu symptoms and I haven’t been sick at all since taking the antibiotics..SO….I just dont know if my flu is triggering this pain coming back OR can it be that the Garlic Liver cleanse and the quick change in diet is causing some yeast to die already and triggering this pain?? I guess there’s no way to know.

Thank you again.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Mike,

Are you still taking antibiotics? I was a little unclear whether you have to continue to take them or you took them several years ago (or both).

The leg pain you are talking about may likely be due to some die-off reactions you are experiencing due to the cleanse/diet. I know I experienced a lot of knee/joint pain and back pain. One thing that really helped me was Molybdenum. Able suggested it to me and it has really helped with the die-off.

Check out this post for some more reading on die-off and ways to make it easier (if you have not already).

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst815_Dieoff-Dangers.aspx

The flu like symptoms might also be explained by the die-off. It can make you generally just feel horrible. If these symptoms appeared after starting the diet/cleanse, then it is a good guess that it is due to the die-off.

I would suggest the Molybdenum if you can find it. Also drink LOTS of water!

You will most likely feel yucky for a few days or weeks, but then you will start to notice a great improvement in how you feel. We just urge you to stick with it! 🙂

If you have anymore questions, we are here to help!

Kirsty

Kots

Thank you! No, I’ve been off the antibiotics for 3.5 years. I’m have issues since then almost everything you can think of.

The supplement you spoke of, I can take it throughout the cleansing period AND step2? So I can start taking it now and just continue it. I had thought you couldnt take it while cleansing and that I should start taking it when I start the probiotics but thank you if that’s the case I will go get it today.

Thx again…what about the Detox Drops they mention here. They didn’t carry them at whole foods, I will search online to order some.

Mike

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Kots wrote: The supplement you spoke of, I can take it throughout the cleansing period AND step2? So I can start taking it now and just continue it. I had thought you couldnt take it while cleansing and that I should start taking it when I start the probiotics but thank you if that’s the case I will go get it today.

Thx again…what about the Detox Drops they mention here. They didn’t carry them at whole foods, I will search online to order some.

Mike

My understanding is that you can take Molybdenum anytime when you are experiencing die-off. You are going to experience some die-off when you start he diet/cleanse, and when you start the probiotics and antifungals. I was told that you can take up to 3 a day while experiencing the worst die-off. And I believe you can take it for several weeks because it is a mineral the body needs. It takes one of the major toxins that Candida releases and gets it out of the body. Important to always drink lots of water throughout.

I am not familiar with the detox drops. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Kirsty

Kots

Thank you Kirsty.

Jackie2
    Participant

You should post a question for Able and Raster to answer…they will help you.

Drink tons and tons and tons…can’t say that enough.

It took me 3-4 weeks on diet and then I got rid of the dry mouth…but I messed up and ate some rice crackers, a piece of nut, some sunflower seeds (small amount 1/2 tsp) and it set me back. I’m back to dry mouth etc. So once your on the diet. Stick to it. Best of luck and have a shout out to Raster or Able. They are the best

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The dangerous problem with people like Sandra who think they’re helping someone with a Candida infestation is that they make the assumption that everyone reading their post has a very “Very” mild case of Candida (and I’m not even sure there really is such a thing). When you’re explaining how to cure a Candida infestation on a forum such as this one, you have to assume that at least one person who is reading your post has the worst case of Candida albicans anyone can have, because you never know that this isn’t the case. Sandra’s advice can actually turn a very mild case of Candida into a literal nightmare for most people who have an overgrowth of the fungi.

Fruit, honey, sugar, cereal, canned peaches, milk, rice, cheese? Did I really read all that? Did you look at the name of the forum, Sandra? Just checking.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘New to diet…Need help and advice, Severe reaction to antibiotics’ is closed to new replies.