New to diet…Few questions for Able involving foods to eat and Coffee

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to diet…Few questions for Able involving foods to eat and Coffee

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kots 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Kots
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 32

Hi All,

So I’m new to the diet and want to summarize where I’m at..

I found this website last week, did not find the forums til days after, was following the cleanse on the website with psyllium husk for 3 days, I then posted on the forums and got the advice from Able and Raster to switch to the Lemon cleanse which I did on Day 4.

Day 4 – 6 I was completely sticking to the lemon cleanse and only eating organic eggs as protein. My problem was this entire time I was using the “foods to eat” list from the website and did not know there was another list..So….

Day 1-6 I had lots of Red peppers and Cherry Tomatoes, stuff that I just saw was not on Able’s list. I was having major problems sticking to the diet with the holidays, all the partys but overall I did a fairly good job. Day 5 I had some turkey and a cup of coffee.

So anyway, here I am first day back to work and I’ve decided the cleanse may have not been effective for me since of the tomatoes and red peppers as well as not sticking to it for 10 days so I’ve decided to stop it and just start straight on the strict diet. I am on Day 2 of the strict diet and have had no sugar or cheating whatsoever.

Here is what i am currently taking and doing…

1 tablet of Molybdenum
    1 tablet of Milk Thistle
    2000 mg of Vitamin C
    2-3 Organic Eggs for breakfast with organic garlic salt
    Large portion of Steamed Vegetables for lunch
    2-3 Organic Eggs for dinner OR (organic chicken breast or salmon) with Steamed vegatables

I just want to make sure I’m on the right path and I have a few questions.

1. Should I assume my cleanse wasn’t effective?
    2. I’ve ordered the Grape Bitters and it just arrived, when should I start with this, is it too soon?
    3. I’m having MAJOR MAJOR coffee withdrawals, Huge headache and finding it very hard to work, I work 10-12 hours on the computer a day and Coffee is absolutely the hardest thing for me, more than food. Is there anyway to slowly ween down from this (im on 5 days of no coffee cold turkey)…Will having a cup of black coffee really set me back?
    4. Is there ANYTHING I’m missing? I am following the protocol Able has linked to me so I will not start an antifungal for 2 weeks.

It is really important to me that I do this the correct way so I apologize for so many posts and questions but I really appreciate any help and guidance..thank you so much again!

Mike

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are my answers to your questions:

1) I wouldn’t worry about the tomatoes or peppers; they contain approximately 10g of sugar total between the two. The main thing that is wrong with them is the high sugar content; as long as you eat them sparingly or don’t overindulge in them, then they are OK. Eating any food item one time isn’t the end of the world unless it is alcohol.

2) Check out the protocol post about the bitters: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

I don’t take the bitters myself so don’t know when to start them.

3) How long have you been drinking coffee (in your life)? How much coffee do you drink in a normal day?

If you are having major caffeine withdrawals, I would consider switching to green tea for a few weeks until the withdrawals subside. Green tea has less caffeine and more health benefits. I personally drink one coffee per week and it helps my digestion, but I find it too strong now. Once you quit and go back again…it’ll never be the same. Consider the coffee use to be part of the reason why you are here in the first place…

Chicory coffee is an alternative to regular coffee but am unsure the reason why this is. I believe it contains no caffeine, good flavor, and has more health benefits.

4) I would consider starting the full anti-candida diet once the cleanse is over. It sounds like you are ready, so go for it! I found buckwheat to be my new best friend…

I would start a probiotic in a few weeks per the protocol.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mike. The answers to your concerns are below.

1. Should I assume my cleanse wasn’t effective?

Reply: I thoroughly believe in leaving the past in its place; forget about the cleanse and any consequences it may have presented and instead concentrate on ‘now’ and following the protocol.

2. I’ve ordered the Grape Bitters and it just arrived, when should I start with this, is it too soon?

Reply: No, it’s not too soon as the bitters act as a cleansing and flushing agent in your body, especially the liver which probably needs cleansing as much as your intestines. What’s the brand name of yours?

3. I’m having MAJOR MAJOR coffee withdrawals, Huge headache and finding it very hard to work, I work 10-12 hours on the computer a day and Coffee is absolutely the hardest thing for me, more than food. Is there anyway to slowly ween down from this (im on 5 days of no coffee cold turkey)…Will having a cup of black coffee really set me back?

Reply: Coffee is something that I do not recommend stopping all at one time as this can only make you feel worse than you already are. In the beginning, you should try lowering the quantity you normally have to 1/2 the amount for the first four days, then cut that amount in half. After a while, you can occasionally try to leave it out of your diet, but if you receive the headaches from withdrawal, have a few swallows to settle the reactions. Eventually you will be able to cut it out completely, but please don’t try to do so all at one time.

4. Is there ANYTHING I’m missing? I am following the protocol Able has linked to me so I will not start an antifungal for 2 weeks.

Reply: This sounds great to me, just let us know if you run into any road blocks or have other questions, someone is always here to help you through this.

Congratulations on your decision to start the protocol.
    Able

Kots

Thank you both!

Able, the brand of Bitters is Planetary Herbals. Is this okay?

Raster, I cannot wait for the 3rd week when I can have Buckwheat or Coconut Flour. I have no idea how to make coconut bread but it sounds delicious!

Im on my way to get some coffee and will take your advice weening off of it…thank g-d!

Mike

Able900
    Spectator

Mike;
    The Planetary Herbals brand is what I used throughout my treatment and cure without a problem; however, some people do receive a slight reaction to it, probably because of the alcohol nature of the tincture process. If you receive a reaction after starting it, you can switch to alcohol-free Swedish bitters if you want to.

Able

Kots

Thank you again! I have so much crap wrong with me right now I doubt I would even notice a slight reaction lol. We’ll see.

I will tell you a few things I’ve noticed already..

I’m already noticing a difference with the discoloration of my tongue, I’ve been oil pulling with the coconut water. I had thick yellow patches in the back of my tongue and its definitely thinning out now!

Also when I was first going thru my reactions to antibiotics 3.5 years ago I developed a rash on my knee, huge red rash, didnt burn or hurt or itch. Had a bioposy, and they told me it was a “scar” and I must of always had it, they looked at me like I was crazy. Anyway, I’ve noticed its clearing up a little bit. I had it for almost 4 years and its clearing up now.

I’m really excited about possibly feeling better…thank you so much!

Oh and Raster, I drank coffee 2-3 cups a day since I was 16 and now working at home day and night I’ve ABUSED coffee more than probably anyone you’ve ever met, so you can see why I’m struggling!

Thx again

Mike

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would first reduce to 1 cup per day. I would then reduce to 1/2 cup per day. Then when you can, switch to green tea and have coffee once per week. Then reduce green tea if possible and switch to a herbal tea like chammomile. This is how I reduced my intake…I was just like you and drank 2-4 cups per day without abandon.

-Raster

Kots

I just had about half a cup of coffee and I instantly had a stomach reaction, bloated and discomfort. I put a super small amount of whole milk in it, about a teaspoon full, I wonder if its the milk or the coffee. Either way, I need to stop both.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Its a strange thing with that coffee drinking. I was a coffee bench drinker. I cant even count how much I was drinking. It had always a coffee cup near my table. I was a artist animator working with cartoon films before. Drawing and coffee drinking where one thing for me. Some years ago my stomach could not handle the real coffee any more and i switched over to Nescoffee which my stomach accepted. I was never a sweat mouth so, had very little sweets, didn’t like fruits etc. I wonder why I got candida. If I was an addict I was in the coffee section. I miss nothing so much as coffee but I haven’t had a single cup since two month now.

Greetings to you all!
    cheers
    thomas

Kots

I am the same way, I cant work at my desk without it and I am a graphic designer/web designer. My dad was a cartoonist. I never heard of NesCoffee but I am going to be switching to tea and possibly try the coffee that Raster suggested. I really think it’s just a oral addiction of having something sweet to sip on while im working.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Kots wrote: I am the same way, I cant work at my desk without it and I am a graphic designer/web designer. My dad was a cartoonist. I never heard of NesCoffee but I am going to be switching to tea and possibly try the coffee that Raster suggested. I really think it’s just a oral addiction of having something sweet to sip on while im working.

Nescafe is like other coffee only it was worked through a frozen process. You put in a cup and hold cooking water over it and drink it. Its not good for us as its real coffee. So I dont even have that one. Was you dad working with animation too or cartoon strips for the newspapers? I was working in the movies drawing millions of mice and movements. 😉

cheers
    Thomas

Kots

Very cool. My Dad was a political cartoonist and worked for magazines and newspapers in New York in the 70’s and 80’s. He wasn’t just a cartoonist though, he was an amazing artist in every aspect.

He became a freelance designer in the late 80’s when we moved to florida and he struggled to make a living. I’ve decided to follow in his footsteps and be a graphic designer after working as a bartender for years and going nowhere with my life. I’ve been a designer for 10 years now in South florida and hoping to move to Chicago soon.

Able900
    Spectator

Kots wrote: I just had about half a cup of coffee and I instantly had a stomach reaction, bloated and discomfort. I put a super small amount of whole milk in it, about a teaspoon full, I wonder if its the milk or the coffee. Either way, I need to stop both.

Mike;
    Chances are the bloating and other problems were caused by both the milk and coffee, especially since you’ve not had coffee in five days. By the way, when I said you should gradually stop the coffee, I assumed you knew that milk should not be included since it’s food for the Candida.

Earlier today you posted, “I’m already noticing a difference with the discoloration of my tongue, I’ve been oil pulling with the coconut water.” I hope you meant to type coconut oil instead of coconut water.

Able

Kots

Able, thanks. Yes I actually meant coconut oil which I’ve been using 3 x day like you recommended. Coconut “water” I know I can’t have but I used to LOVE it, guess it was just in my head.

The milk was a bad bad impulse thing, I know I shouldn’t have that and I regret it. What’s funny is I didnt even finish that cup of coffee, didnt really want it like I thought I would. The few sips that I had tho did cure my headache instantly.

Thx again for checking up on me.

Mike

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘New to diet…Few questions for Able involving foods to eat and Coffee’ is closed to new replies.