New to candida diet and have some questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New to candida diet and have some questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AnnaJona
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi 🙂

For the last 12 days I did a cleansing that my cousin invited me to participate in. The cleansing isn´t like the one recommended here on this site but it did help me realize that I´m really sensitive to fruits. I decided to eliminate fruits for the last 3 days of the cleansing and see how I might react to that. The instructor of the cleansing process agreed that that would be a good idea and talked about how I might have candida. I did some research on line and learned about the spit test, tried it and failed 😉 Yesterday I made myself a vegetable soup (ingredient among other things: potatoes, yams, carrots and mushrooms) and after eating it felt tired and my tummy was upset. Since then I´ve been reading up on candida, found out that root vegetables are foods to avoid. That convinced me that I have candida. So I decided to do a candida diet for some time. But I have some questions.
    1. Is it okay to eat coconut milk?
    2. According to the “foods to avoid” green and black tea should be avoided. What about other teas? I like liquorice and peppermint tea from Pukka. It doesn´t have caffeine. Is it okay to drink that?
    3. According to the “foods to avoid” rice should be avoided. Does that apply for all rice or just white rice (is brown rice ok?)
    4. I read somewhere on the internet that drinking about 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in water everyday will help fight the candida. Is that true?

I don´t think I have any further questions at this stage. I´m looking forward to the next couple of weeks and am excited to see if there will be much difference in my health.
    Hope to hear from you guys soon. I would really appreciate some help with my concerns.

Best regards

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The spit test is to not be used for diagnosis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

For best diagnosis I would get an immune complex test like the candia5 test…this is a long term battle and there are lot of things similar to yeast out there in symptoms.

To answer your questions:
    1)coconut milk is an iffy one because its highly inlammatory and you need to reduce inflammation on the diet to get better. Its up to you to figure it out. Later in your treatment it could be better vs. earlier.

2)In general the caffeinated teas should be avoided and you can drink just about anything else.

3)Rice in general benefits the yeast but its a lot better to have it later in your treatment. You’ll heal faster without it starting out. Brown, black, red, and wild rice are much healthier than white rice.

4)Raw ACV is antifungal and has a variety of properties. Coconut oil is also something else that is helpful for fighting yeast.

-raster

AnnaJona
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi again

The teas I was referring to are caffeine free….which means they´re allowed…right?

I was also wondering about berries. I read somewhere that berries are okay. Is it okay to have blueberries and strawberries? I was also wondering about cocoa – is that allowed?

Best regards

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

AnnaJona;60325 wrote:
    Hi again

The teas I was referring to are caffeine free….which means they´re allowed…right?

I was also wondering about berries. I read somewhere that berries are okay. Is it okay to have blueberries and strawberries? I was also wondering about cocoa – is that allowed?

Best regards

Here’s my safe food list if you are interested in checking it out:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

Most teas are fine if they are caffeine free.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New to candida diet and have some questions’ is closed to new replies.