New poster. Please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New poster. Please help!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bluebird
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

My story starts a few months ago. I had a weird bump show up on my hip and went to the doctor. He said it was a boil and perscribed me an antibiotic. About a week into the perscription I developed thrush on my nipples. (I’m breastfeeding my now 7 month old son) I tried nystatin nipple cream, Grapefruitseed extract diluted in water rubbed on nips, apple cider vinegar diluted on nips, started taking Garden Of Life Women’s 50 & Wiser probiotics (85 billion live cultures 33 strains supposedly) and eating a paleo diet.(no grain, no dairy, no legumes). Things improved and thrush came back seemingly from eating fruit so I did my best to cut that out.

I researched more and added garlic pills and started taking grapefruit seed extract internally. Things improved but never seem to be completely resolved. I went to a naturopathic doctor who perscribed me oral nystatin pills taken 2 pills, three times a day and Thera Lac probiotics. I felt like I didn’t want to do another perscription so I just did the Thera Lac, grapefruit seed extract wash when needed and followed the diet as best I could.I was doing better, then I strayed from the diet (homemade almond flour, coconut sugar, raw coco cupcakes for two days and a fruit and coconut smoothie on day) and bam thrush was back and now I’m feeling a vaginal yeast infection.

I decide to start taking the nystatin, get back to a good diet, taking Garden of Life probiotics (ran of of Thera Lac), Inner Eco coconut water kefir, and add zinc, Vit D, Vit C, Calm magnesium powder to try and boost my immune system.In desperation I went to the healthfood store and asked about what they would suggest and bought Oregano Oil, Olive Leaf, Caprylic Acid, and Grape Seed extract. In desperation I also didn’t consider whether these are safe to take while breastfeeding and have only taken the caprylic acid a few times because from what I could find on the internet it was considered safe. Then in another night of desperation I ordered a package from Global Health Trax with Three Lac, Oxygen Elements Max, Clarifiber and Active Digestive Enzymes after reading many convincing reviews. It arrives and I realize again…is this safe while breastfeeding?! I found one yes and one no on the internet so I didn’t take any of it out of fear. Can you say SUCKER? Obviously in my desperation I have not thought things through.

Where I stand today is two days ago I noticed a rash under my breasts and along my bikini line. Ya, not fun and now my situation feels dire. I’m calling the doctor tommorrow. I’m wondering if any of you have any insight into my situation. The more I research thrush and systemic candida the more overwhelmed I am. It feels so hard to get good straight advice and I’m feeling quite down. If you have followed this, bless you. I’m feeling quite out of sorts. Please help, thank you!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello.

This is going to be simple; all you need to do is stop whatever you’re doing or taking now in the way of a treatment. We need to have a fresh start right from the beginning with all the correct supplements and food.

First of all, the Threelac wasn’t going to help you anyway, so no there’s no problem with not taking it, just a waste of money.

The first thing for you to do is to read the ‘cleanse’ information I’m going to post below. This will tell you how to start over with a fresh beginning. We’re going to take it just one day at a time, nothing more. Don’t worry about next week or even tomorrow, if you follow my instructions, you will improve your present situation. This means I’m not going to give you instructions for the remainder of the treatment to think about, you have a new baby to focus on, and do not need to ‘plan’ your future with a Candida treatment other than knowing exactly what you’re going to do about it today.

Once you’ve started the cleanse, we’ll talk on a day to day basis, everyday if you wish to, about what you’re doing and your progress, plus I’ll answer any questions that may arise. Meanwhile, your job is to try and relax, knowing that you have the answers right here and that you’re now on the road to a cure.

The Cleanse:
    Drinking one glass of warm water before having anything else in the morning is a perfect way to start the day by flushing your kidneys.

The detox lemon drink is about as simple as they come. Simply use either a half or a whole, fresh lemon; squeeze the juice into a glass of water and drink it. You should do this three times a day, morning, noon, and night, using a whole lemon each time. Remember, no sugar added to the drink.

During the cleanse, your only liquid intake should be the lemon water and plain water, lots of it. You should also adhere strictly to an all green-vegetable diet, leave out all red meat and pork, eating organic eggs as the main protein source, and having chicken (organic if possible) and young fish or wild salmon once or twice a day for extra protein. By young fish I’m speaking of herring or sardines, preferably from Vital Choice if possible http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/home.asp?gclid=CJ-Tw-jLhqwCFduE5godh2D2Dg

By following these directions, you’ll be able to complete a one week detox program without literally starving yourself. If you have a problem with the diet because of breast feeding your baby, please let me know.

My best to you and your baby.
    Able

bluebird

Oh thank you thank you for responding! I am in tears and so grateful for your willingness to help me!

So far this morning I have had a glass of water and have taken two Garden of Life probiotics. I keep thinking “I am out of balance and need to take probiotics to get better and balance out my system” but I’m guessing this isn’t the way? I’m drinking my warm water now.

Should I have the lemon water after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner? I’ve been having eggs for breakfast for weeks now so I’m used to that. Should a steam any veggies I have with eggs instead of sauteed in the pan before cooking the eggs? I buy organic free range eggs and sometimes go to a farm to buy them as well. I also buy all organic produce, organic free range chicken, and buy grass fed pasture raised beef I get from a local farm. I have wild caught coho salmon and beef steaks defrosting in the fridge but I guess I’ll cook those for my husband and 4 yr old and have chicken! I feel like I’m doing so much right and but it’s just not working and any little slip in my diet and I pay dearly.

Sometimes in the morning I use my juicer and make green juice with kale, celery, cucumber, green apples half a lemon and ginger. Is this something I should continue or not?

Ok, I’ll have to stop here and come back. I keep having lots of cute interuptions. 🙂 Thank You Able!!!

bluebird

Oh ya, should I stop taking the nystatin?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: So far this morning I have had a glass of water and have taken two Garden of Life probiotics.

Reply: Please let me know the count of probiotics and number of strains, or, if you have a link to the one you’re taking, you can post it.

Quote: I keep thinking “I am out of balance and need to take probiotics to get better and balance out my system” but I’m guessing this isn’t the way?

Reply: Normally I would say wait until after the cleanse is over, but since you’re already taking this, I’d prefer to see exactly what it is before making a suggestion.

Quote: Should I have the lemon water after breakfast, after lunch and after dinner?

Reply: Between meals would be best.

Quote: I’ve been having eggs for breakfast for weeks now so I’m used to that. Should a steam any veggies I have with eggs instead of sautéed in the pan before cooking the eggs?

Reply: It really doesn’t matter how you eat the vegetables or eggs, but if you steam the vegetables, just lightly steam them which will allow the nutrients to remain in the vegetables.

Quote: I feel like I’m doing so much right and but it’s just not working and any little slip in my diet and I pay dearly.

Reply: Unfortunately that’s the case with anyone who is suffering from a bad infestation.

Quote: Sometimes in the morning I use my juicer and make green juice with kale, celery, cucumber, green apples half a lemon and ginger. Is this something I should continue or not?

Reply: Juicing vegetables is a great idea for the treatment, but leave out the apples for at least a month or two. Adding Granny Smith apples is something you have to decide at the proper time.

Quote: should I stop taking the nystatin?

Reply: This is up to you. I know that Nystatin is used by thousands of breastfeeding mothers, as well as for the baby (although a different formula). I would say that using it sparingly would be alright for the time being, and using it only if it makes the symptoms easier to handle.

Let me know if you have other concerns.
    Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another idea is to spray some antifungals on your body such as oregano or grapefruit seed extract oil. Also, if you cut open some undeceonic acid and apply this to the skin, it can help with skin symptoms/problems. Nystatin is an antifungal medication, but if it doesn’t work, try another antifungal. I won’t stop once it doesn’t work; candida can adapt to antifungals pretty easily.

-Raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New poster. Please help!’ is closed to new replies.