new member Stages 1,2 & 3 need nightshade substitute

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions new member Stages 1,2 & 3 need nightshade substitute

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jezhara
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi

I am wanting to start on stage one of the candida eating stages. I’m a bit nervous butat the same time really looking forward to gradually feeling better. My problem is that I have a severe medically confirmed nightshade allergy. For those who don’t know, nightshades include capsicum (peppers), chilli, jalapenos, eggplant (aubergine), tomatoes, potatoes, cayenne, paprika, rhubarb, and tamarillos (tree tomatoes).

I have always used carrots, sweet potato or sweetcorn (sweetness), black pepper or peppercorns (heat) and mushrooms as flavour and colour substitutes. Carrots, sweet potato, pepper and peppercorns I can try reintroducing at stage 4. However I am wondering what to use until then?

Can I just substitute with any vegetables or herbs on the foods to eat list? Or are there any specific vegetables or herbs that would make the best substitutes?

Many thanks for the help

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is wrong with salads? I eat two salads per day and nothing includes nightshades:

2 types of lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, radish, onion, lightly shredded carrots (not a large amount in other words), and garbanzo beans on top! This is the raster salad…

Rutabega is a great potato replacement.

I would also look at healing leaky gut, because if you heal leaky gut, you likely can reverse your allergies.

-raster

Jezhara

Thank you for responding.

I do like salads and am actually making the spinach and bean sprout salad recipe at the moment, it looks yummy. My fridge is now stocked with all sorts of fresh salad veges, including some I haven’t tried before. I left the cayenne out of the detox drink and just went with the other ingredients.

I will give the rutabaga/swede a try. I like them but have never thought to use them as a potato substitute.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I have gotten to where I put shredded brussel sprouts on my salad too. You might want to try that, I have a nice dressing with apple cider vinegar in it that I use.

Kag

I don’t know about the sprouts though.. Are those considered fungusy Raster? I eat broccoli sprouts because I hate broccoli but I am not sure that these are approved.

Jezhara

Thank you.

I like both brussel sprouts and broccoli and don’t have any problems with either 🙂 I can’t say I’ve tried raw brussel sprouts but there’s a first time for eveything. They would also add more vege choices to a salad.

My nightshade allergy is such that even just a quick whiff (smell) of nightshade veges makes me nauseous, my thoat ache, my nose block and my sinuses go into overdrive. Lol, greengrocers can be a minefield since zucchini, broccoli and green beans tend to be next to the nighshades. I’ve learned to hold my breath while diving in and out of the bins getting what I need.

Will give these a go.

Kag

I like cutting up brussell sprout and sauteeing them a bit too. I use ghee at this point, but I am sure that you could use coconut oil on the strict diet. Broccoli sprouts are pretty awesome as well if you ever see them. They are just barely spicy and kind of nice on salads.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘new member Stages 1,2 & 3 need nightshade substitute’ is closed to new replies.