NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions NEW KID ON THE BLOCK

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cinnamongirl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi Abel900 I’m new here and would love to share my story and get the advice of you and the members.

I am a ‘young’ 37 yr old single girl, no kids, no weight problems. I have suffered with a few mild vaginal yeast infections per year for many years, like many in the general population. They were annoying but manageable.

I stopped taking OTC meds and prescriptions many years ago as I heard they only worsened resistance. When I would get an outbreak I would get a colonic, eat better and use tea tree. I have no allergies, no INTENSE symptoms, no incredibly INTENSE past of antibiotics but I did have 2 rounds once for a stubborn UTI back in 2003. Over the 3 years, I’ve had an intense travel schedule which led me to pick up a lot of constipation episodes and bad plane food. In the past year have been feeling incredibly tired, hazing, unable to get up in the am and have seen an increase in my infections as well as strange symptoms such as sensitivity to smells and an unexplainable pains in my left thumb joint. Intuitively, I felt it was candida overgrowth and I decided to take it into my own hands and to make some major changes.

I feel confused as to how long each phase of my detox should last and exactly what is allowed and which supplements are encouraged most for each phase.

I understand ‘CURING’ stages seem to go as follows?:

phase 1. KILL the overgrowth: not feeding it sugars/grains/starches, taking anti fungals/anti bacterials and probiotics

phase 2. ACCUMULATE GOOD bacteria back into balance: taking more probiotics (perhaps different types?)

phase 3. HEAL the intestinal damage: continuing with probiotics and adding more immune supportive supplements, slowly introducing gentle starches/sugars, buckwheat, tomatoes, brown rice, raw milk/goat dairy to test your system and reintroduce other food sources back into your body?

phase 4. Carry on with a ‘normal’ diet but with far more caution…

are these the phases or just what you need to continually do and the phases are something else?

Is this accurate?
    Is this realistic for someone like me?

I would love to figure out which phase I’m on?
    and how long I should be in each phase?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have been staying strict to the strictest diets I’ve seen (as far as I know) for a few days now. (no tomatoes, no carageenan, only cultured dairy, no sweeteners other than stevia) lots, of greens and supplements. (spent $1000 at whole foods and trashed my kitchen) I feel better already, but I AM HUNGRY or rather HANGRY! 🙂 Mostly because I admittedly was overwhelming myself with a white flour/sugar and aged cheese addiction. Now eating better alone is showing fast results. The infection is barely noticeable and it’s been only 3 days. I got a colonic today. But for Candida die off to show up is a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL, one which I would obviously like to get to quickly 🙂

Any and all advice is welcome. Happy to have found you! Thank you sooooo much x

C

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The phases don’t have time frames but in general, plan on a 6-18 month recovery timeline to get over yeast. When you start the phases is up to you but I generally would give them a few months time at a minimum each.

For die-off, I have a detox post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

Able900 was banned from the forum because he moved his content to a private website.

-raster

cinnamongirl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

thank you Raster. Any advice about how to start my routine would be so appreciated. I saw something about enzymes potentially creating more problems long term. Please explain which supplements/probiotics you believe I should take? Also when grains are concerned at which point may I have quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat etc? are there any other grains that are ok during cleanse phase? And is organic goat, sheep and mozzarella with only enzymes and rennet ok?

many thanks
    Cinnamongirl

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its up to you what products to take and you basically have to plan everything on your own because I am not a naturopathic doctor who can create a treatment plan for you.

I’d start out with buckwheat at any time but would save rice for special occasions and avoid quinoa completely. I’d introduce rice in phase 3 or very late in your treatment.

I don’t know what mozzarella enzymes you are talking about but I wouldn’t consume any dairy products on the diet including fresh cheese until stage 3.

The cleanse is completely optional and doesn’t do much in terms of reducing candida numbers.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘NEW KID ON THE BLOCK’ is closed to new replies.