New and Confused

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions New and Confused

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  enid1 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

crystalkzm
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

I am pretty new to the idea of Candida and I’m just downright confused about what steps to take.

For other health reasons, I was placed on a sugar free, grain free diet in April-May. I stuck to it until a hard point in my life late this Summer. I knew I felt better on the diet, so I decided to try the Whole30 last month, which, for me, was quite similar to the Candida diet.

I have had an itching behind (and some vaginal itching) since I started in April. I thought it was pinworms, but no one would treat me while I was breastfeeding. I did natural remedies, but the itch never went away. I started getting these stringy white snot strands that I honestly thought were pinworms. I couldn’t understand that they would be living in my nose, but I didn’t know what they were. I posted on another forum and someone seemed to identify them as “candida strings” or “threads”, which makes a lot of sense, because certain foods seem to make them come and go. And the OTC, prescription and herbal remedies I have tried for pinworms have not stopped the itch or the strands of white snot one bit.

I went to an ENT about the nose. He said I had an excessive amount of mucous… prescribed mucinex, steroids and a nasal spray. I haven’t started with those things yet because I’m not comfortable with that. I’m not comfortable with some of the solutions the natural world has suggested either. Any suggestions on clearing up this die off symptom?

And can someone tell me how to get my rear to stop itching?! It’s driving me crazy and ruining my sleep. I plan to do the candida diet. But what else am I supposed to be doing? I know this is probably a pretty basic question for some of you, I just need a point in the right direction.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Mucous can either be an allergic reaction or is candida related. Do you have allergies? If not, steroids are gonna make your candida problem worse.
    The first step that you have to take is setting up a detox plan.

crystalkzm

I don’t have allergy issues very often. Definitely not months worth of allergy problems.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Your body is likely responding to whatever you are ill with and usually mucous production coincides with your body wanting to protect itself from whatever is causing the problem.

If you want natural remedies you would have to go to a naturopathic doctor who can treat you with natural supplements (not medication). If I was a naturopath I would know how to treat it but I am not.

The itching sounds like die-off to me, so if you focus on detoxing, it should go away.

-raster

crystalkzm

I actually called my naturopath. She said to go ahead and take the steroids. I don’t have the time or cash to get a new naturopath that will answer my questions. I live in a state where people in health care are morons. Hence why I’m here. Sigh.

enid1
    Replies: 16

A strict cleanse, changing your diet to an anti candida diet, then helping out the whole process with good quality probiotics, antifungals, and supplements for the die-off. (As well as other things to look after yourself such as epsom salt baths to draw out toxins and nice herbal teas to calm your nerves). This is what I have been doing and my treatment is going well. I’m skimming here but thats the basics of the process it seems. I have been on the Ultimate Candida Diet (by the woman who started this website) and am just over halfway through.
    I found that going by a strict plan (as supplied by Lisa) was best for me so I had rules and didn’t have to stab around in the dark for a good basis and solid understanding of what was wrong and what was going on in my body. A plan that supplies recipes and shopping lists for food you can eat, the best supplements and probios to take etc is really beneficial, it made my life a whole lot easier and this whole debarcle much easier to handle. After you’ve been strict, then you can start testing the waters, that’s what I’m up to anyway, and I’m learning what I can and can’t have by my bodies reactions (which have been lessening overall).
    The first couple of weeks were hard to get used to, but now I have adjusted and it’s all making sense – I am also learning to listen to my body as we are all different, but a pre-planned diet can be a great way to get a good solid base to go from.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New and Confused’ is closed to new replies.