need to be sure

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions need to be sure

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I wanted to post about this again because I am concerned. Have been on the strict diet for 4 ½ months. In the last couple of months, my yeast infection symptoms have been a lot better. However, for the last few days I seem to be having a problem again. I am on a new homeopathic “detox kit” from my naturopath. The problem is that it contains 25% ETHYL ALCOHOL. That seems like a lot. My naturopath is disinterested in my diet and wants to sell these products. It does get good reviews, but I don’t want to screw up my diet. Do you think it’s OK? I’m supposed to use the kit for 3 months. Here’s the kit: http://www.iherb.com/Heel-BHI-Detox-Kit-oral-drops-3-Bottles-50-ml-each/4510

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The question is whether you feel better or worse after taking the homeopathic…it takes some time to determine this.

The small amount of alcohol in the product should not set you back; the doseage should range from a few drops to a few spoonfuls. This is not much alcohol.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

That’s true. It’s hard to be sure if its helping yet. Yeah, I do 30 drops of each bottle a day, so I guess it’s not all that much

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

yisucks;30720 wrote: I wanted to post about this again because I am concerned. Have been on the strict diet for 4 ½ months. In the last couple of months, my yeast infection symptoms have been a lot better. However, for the last few days I seem to be having a problem again. I am on a new homeopathic “detox kit” from my naturopath. The problem is that it contains 25% ETHYL ALCOHOL. That seems like a lot. My naturopath is disinterested in my diet and wants to sell these products. It does get good reviews, but I don’t want to screw up my diet.

Do you think it’s OK?

Of course it’s not ok.

Alcohol is going to make your infestation worse, in fact, it sounds like it already has. You’re right about the doctor wanting to make more money, and he’s obviously more interested in that than in making you well. In addition, homeopathic meds seldom work with a Candida infestation because they work so slowly, therefore the Candida are multiplying faster than the medicine can work. I guess that’s one way the doc can keep you coming back to him indefinitely.

Able

raster
    Participant

So about 6 drops of pure alcohol per day will set back your treatment?

I’ve been researching and I cannot find any conclusive evidence that alcohol feeds candida, only alcohol derived products from grains, etc (wine, beer, hard alcohol, etc).

Is it the type of alcohol? Is it because ethyl alcohol is derived from grains?

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Oh no, that’s so frustrating! I was doing so well and this has been so hard…that sucks to know I set myself back because of some stupid remedy.

How much will this set me back? I used it for like a week and a half…90 drops a day, and each bottle has 25% ethyl alcohol.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Pure alcohol doesn’t feed candida. Alcohol is a by product of yeast fermentation. By the way, alcohol doesn’t kill candida either, at least in low concentration. Alcohol kills bacteria.

The problem is, like Able said, it doesn’t make any sense to follow that kind of treatment because that doesn’t work against a fungal infection.

Jorge.

yisucks
    Participant

dvjorge;30745 wrote: Pure alcohol doesn’t feed candida. Alcohol is a by product of yeast fermentation. By the way, alcohol doesn’t kill candida either, at least in low concentration. Alcohol kills bacteria.

Jorge.

But doesn’t alcohol turn into sugar? I am going to stop the treatment for sure, but am upset by the possibility this has set me back…because, honestly, I’d much rather be DRINKING alcohol then getting it through some useless detox kit, so blowing my diet on that is frustrating as hell.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

yisucks;30746 wrote:

Pure alcohol doesn’t feed candida. Alcohol is a by product of yeast fermentation. By the way, alcohol doesn’t kill candida either, at least in low concentration. Alcohol kills bacteria.

Jorge.

But doesn’t alcohol turn into sugar? I am going to stop the treatment for sure, but am upset by the possibility this has set me back…because, honestly, I’d much rather be DRINKING alcohol then getting it through some useless detox kit, so blowing my diet on that is frustrating as hell.

No. Alcohol can only be broken down to CO2 and water. Where alcohol enters the metabolic pathways it can not be synthesized back to carbohydrate or fat. Alcohol can affect blood sugar level in secondary ways.

yisucks
    Participant

Able900;30737 wrote:

I wanted to post about this again because I am concerned. Have been on the strict diet for 4 ½ months. In the last couple of months, my yeast infection symptoms have been a lot better. However, for the last few days I seem to be having a problem again. I am on a new homeopathic “detox kit” from my naturopath. The problem is that it contains 25% ETHYL ALCOHOL. That seems like a lot. My naturopath is disinterested in my diet and wants to sell these products. It does get good reviews, but I don’t want to screw up my diet.

Do you think it’s OK?

Of course it’s not ok.

Alcohol is going to make your infestation worse, in fact, it sounds like it already has. You’re right about the doctor wanting to make more money, and he’s obviously more interested in that than in making you well. In addition, homeopathic meds seldom work with a Candida infestation because they work so slowly, therefore the Candida are multiplying faster than the medicine can work. I guess that’s one way the doc can keep you coming back to him indefinitely.

Able

Able– I’m glad I figured this out now rather than in 3 months from now, but am concerned I’ve really set myself back. This diet has been difficult for me, and was starting to feel a lot better “downstairs.” I was actually planning to move to stage 2 in about months, but don’t want to move too fast if I set myself back. How much do you think I did set myself back?

It was 90 drops a day (which I think works out to 3/4 of a teaspoon) for about 10-11 days. I can’t be certain the very mild vaginal issue — some itching and a bit more discharge than normal– (which has since resolved) is directly b/c of the drops or not, but I certainly am NOT going to risk using it anymore…just want to know how much I set myself back.

Thanks, Able.

raster
    Participant

You likely didn’t set yourself back at all…30 drops a day is nothing!

This detox product doesn’t treat candida like dvjorge said. It still likely can help you because you need to detox.

I would try to do some testing to determine whether you have candida such as the candida immune complex test.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

raster;30769 wrote: You likely didn’t set yourself back at all…30 drops a day is nothing!

This detox product doesn’t treat candida like dvjorge said. It still likely can help you because you need to detox.

I would try to do some testing to determine whether you have candida such as the candida immune complex test.

-raster

Thanks Raster! I really hope you are right. It was 90 drops a day, but still less than a teaspoon a day. That’s great idea to get testing. I honestly have NO other symptoms of candida except for recurrent vaginal yeast infections which started after a course of antibiotics. Before the antibiotics, I was perfect, so I wanted to do the diet to get myself back to that.

I’ll def. look into it!

raster
    Participant

If it set you back you would know about it already!

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘need to be sure’ is closed to new replies.