Natural probiotic yogurt

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Natural probiotic yogurt

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ive2apples 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

Yogurt seems to be listed in the foods you can have. All those lovely probiotics in it but, on the side of the carton it says it contains natural sugar – lactose. I thought this had to be avoided? I find some of the can have/ can’t have lists of foods a bit confusing. For breakfast I have been having some yogurt with sunflower seeds sprinkled on then an omelette with peppers and chillies for lunch. Really difficult to find stuff to eat! I’m a fussy eater to start with and have never even seen the likes of amaranth before. I’m going to find this tough going!

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

I thought that only soya yoghurt was allowed – am I wrong? Not sure, here. Anyway, I bought some, only to find it had sugar in it . Can you believe that?

Lily

Seems to be sugar in everything! I thought the detox was for 2 weeks then noticed that it was actually 3. How demoralising! Two days and it’s felt like forever. I’m hopeless at sticking with things like this

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

Hey! Hang in there! for me, the first 4-5 days had me climbing the walls. I think since I had been craving sugar, alcohol, and carbs (now I know, typical symptoms of candida)-the elimination of all of that stuff and caffeine was really hard. I noticed my cravings went away at day 5 though. Also, I asked my herbalist about the yogurt. I was told to eat a half cup twice a day (Fage, plain greek)between meals. I asked if I could eat more than that since there is like 8 or 9 grams of sugar listed. He said it was fine since it’s the natural sugar in the yogurt, not added sugar. So basically, plain greek yogurt should be fine, I sweeten mine with truvia and add cinnamon or baking cocoa sometimes.

Lily

I’m hanging in there just! Day 3 and at times I desperately want to go and eat a handful of biscuits! As someone who is used to dessert after my evening meal and maybe a biscuit after lunch, to suddenly have nothing or just some plain yogurt is so uninteresting! Thanks for the info re the yogurt! Was beginning to wonder whether I should actually be having it!

ive2apples
    Replies: 8

Lily wrote: I’m hanging in there just! Day 3 and at times I desperately want to go and eat a handful of biscuits! As someone who is used to dessert after my evening meal and maybe a biscuit after lunch, to suddenly have nothing or just some plain yogurt is so uninteresting! Thanks for the info re the yogurt! Was beginning to wonder whether I should actually be having it!

Maybe kefir would be a good replacement to yogurt, as it contains no or very little lactose.
    I would follow a blood type diet, food combining prcinciples and an anti-candida diet to achieve a good result.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I’ve been using organic kefir, too, as Ivy suggested. The fermenting process breaks down much of the lactose and changes the way it’s digested, eliminating the sugar peaks and valleys.

I really think the kefir has been instrumental in getting rid of my thrush and also in nipping a potential vaginal yeast infection in the bud last week (I had to have an antibiotic, and the yeast was having a hay day!). The are **no added ingredients** in my cow’s milk Kefir (Helios). I buy the “unsweetened” kind and I drink quite a lot each day, as I’m pregnant and it’s the only dairy source of calcium I’m eating on the diet right now. I’m buying organic to avoid the additonal antibiotics used in standard dairy and meat/poultry farming.

Hope it helps!

Lily

Thanks Hope, I’d never even heard of that stuff! Was hoping to get some Stevia but it seems its not allowed in the UK. Will keep searching for an alternative!

ive2apples
    Replies: 8

I found a very nice replacement for Antibiotic: MMS. In addition, it doesn’t compromise the intestinal flora, as antibiotics do. Besides, it is fantastic against many other ailments.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Natural probiotic yogurt’ is closed to new replies.