My toes are turning blueish? Aiyiyi!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My toes are turning blueish? Aiyiyi!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Hey everyone, I’m new here. Been on the diet for about a 1.5 weeks.

I have two kinda important ?’s that I sort of need an answer to right away.

First, I usually take blood pressure pills one a day (Lisinopril 10 mg). I stopped taking them about maybe 4 days ago, to see if I could go without. My BP was 123/82 about two days ago. Today it’s at 131/86. It’s not too bad, but going up.

I’m on CandiGone, just half strength. One pill in the morning with 10 drops, and the same at night. It does have Pau D’ Arco Extract root and bark 4:1 in both the pill and the drops, also Grapefruit Extract seed, which I don’t know if I can have with blood pressure medication? So I figured while on the CandiGone I’d try and see if I could go off my BP meds? But I’m thinking that I should maybe go back on?

Second,about 5 days ago I noticed my toes kinda getting a blue tint, right where the nail starts? When I cross my legs I’ll notice my toes tingling and then I see that all my nails and toes are blueish, not crazy, but noticeable. Ah…what do I do? Is this die-off? Haven’t heard of it?

I don’t really want to go off the CandiGone treatment, but if it’s best I will. I have started the Molybdenum and that has really helped me feel better. I’m taking 3 pills at 150 mcg. I also take a probiotic 2 a day and enzymes at each meal.

I ordered Threelac, but I think I’m going to send it back when it gets here. Found this site AFTER I had already ordered it.

So, what should I go off, and what should I be on?

I wanted to know about vitamins too? I just got a big jug of vit. C and a B-Complex. Are these good ones? Should I just have gotten a B? Also I should be on A & D? Right? Ah…all these pills?!! I read the link, but still don’t know if I need to take ALL those! That’s a million pills!

Anyways, this site has been a blessing and lifesaver to me! I am so VERY thankful to all of you who share and help! Man, I would have no other options!! God knows!! 🙂

Thanks so much!
    Blessings,
    Faith

PS. My real problem which brought me here is my skin!! SUPER ITCHY! Red dots on back, legs, arms, neck and chest. It’s kinda getting better, but not really. Just hoping that the change in diet and the pills will help. So far has seemed to help, but I wish it could go faster!!!!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Faith
    welcome to our gang here. I really want to see that you get the blue thing with your circulation checked up for safety.

Its the first time I hear about it in connection with candida. Pau D’ Arco Extract root and bark we dont recommend here in the forum because of the blood thinning effect it has. I hope Able sees your post if not I ask you to drop him a Personal Message and tell him about your blue toes and nails. And the question you have.
    I will give you now some links which are a important start up for you and answer you a lot of question already until Able will be able to help you further.

Here we go:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst815_Dieoff-Dangers.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Here is written Europe but that doesnt matter a thing as iherb is sending out there stuff all over the world. If you are in the states you anyhow dont have problems to get the supplies.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2463_Product-Sources–Europe.aspx

cheers and I hope you find a home here until you are in full health again.

yours
    Thomas

Faith

Thanks so much Thomas for your kind note.

I would love to go get it checked out, but that isn’t an option for me. I don’t have any insurance so I am pretty limited to what I can do. I’d rather spend the little I have on getting the right stuff, than spend it all to see a Dr. who probably will think I’m crazy anyway. But if I could, I would. 😉

I live in MO. in our small town they have a free clinic where I went four times about my skin problems. All four times the Dr.’s didn’t know what it was and gave me antibiotics and steroids. Since I had no idea what I had, I just kept taking them.

Well, my skin problem just came back after I was done with the steroids. I even asked the Dr. for a refill cause I had to fly out to CA. and I couldn’t go on the plane in the “itchy” condition I was.

Anyway, I’m here in CA. for one more week. It’s been great cause there is a Whole Foods just down the street where I’ve gotten a lot of stuff, and good vitamin stores. When I go home it’s all going to be a “drive” to get anything, and I will be limited to Super Walmart for my groceries!! 🙂

So while I’m in CA I just want to pick up all the stuff I can. Maybe I’ll just stop taking the CandiGone, and go back on my BP pills? I just don’t know what’s going to be used to fight the Candida then? I can start taking coconut oil (which I am using for some cooking, but didn’t want too much die-off so haven’t been taking it plain yet). I have Oil of Oregano drops too.

Well, again, thanks everyone for your help!! 🙂

Faith

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Faith I think you should see a doctor just to make sure everything is fine. They can check your circulation and oxygen levels. With this being said, when my infestation of candida and whatever other underline problems I might have was at it worse my toes did swell, some looked like they were dislocated, and some did have a somewhat blue color(liked they were bruised). They also tingled and went numb. I went to see a doctor and everything turn up normal for circulation, oxygen, even for broken or dislocated toes. This problem eventually went away on it own. All of this happened before I was on the diet or even knew about candida. I still don’t know why my toes did this. My advice is to see a doctor just in case. It is good to be sure it is nothing else and it will give you some peace of mind. You are in my thoughts.
    Hope this helps,
    Lauren

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Faith just saw your second post 😀 We must have posted at the same time.
    Lauren

CT
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 63

If having blue toes is a new and not normal for you then I would suggest getting it checked out.

I’m not sure whether poor circulation is related to candida have had poor curculation for years (way before candida, which causes blue hands and feet (even inside a warm house), particularly worse when the whether is cold. When I was in my teens I asked the doctor about it and they didn’t seem concerned. Although recently I had a blood test and the nurse felt my hands and said magnesium would help, but have no idea if this would work? Perhaps research it if you want to try this.

Try not to cross your legs as that will cut the circulation off even more. In cold weather I have found it helpful to wear two pairs of thick socks and gloves to prevent chill blaines and swollen toes. Also keep moisturising hands and feet to prevent them cracking.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Faith,

I just wanted to let you know that I have blue fingernails on my hands, they are blue just at the root. I told doctors about it and they told me that this is circulation problem and that it’s because my limbs are long so the blood doesn’t flow there easily. Well, I don’t think I grew any in the past year so I don’t think that this is the reason. This started when my other symptoms started and it is always worse when I my symptoms flare up. Past week or so my candida related symptoms are going away and the nails are turning back to nice pink color.

I’m not saying that you should not go to the doctor, please go if you can. You have some possible explanation for blue fingernails on this website: http://symptom.healthline.com/symptomsearch?addterm=Blue%20Fingernails As you can see it could be a sign of a serious problem. I just wanted to let you know that there is someone else that has similar symptom as you but I think mine is candida related as doctors said it’s fine. One of my candida symptom is cough and lack of air/oxygen or feeling of it. As you see on this link it says that blue fingernails mean that there is not enough oxygen circulating in the blood, and also I read somewhere else that candida releases toxins which are taking away oxygen so I just connected the dots. In any case you should go check it out even if it’s at the free clinic.

On the subject of blood pressure, I’m not a doctor or an expert but I don’t think that you should go off your prescription on your own. Simple reason is that I usually have very low blood pressure but since candida started raging and most of the time during my treatment my pressure is slightly high. I don’t think this is safe for you until you know for sure that you have it under control.

Good luck and hope you are soon symptom free 🙂

Orka

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I have noticed sometimes a bluish tinge to my fingernails and a bit of a cold and tingly feeling in feet and hands. Sometimes almost like pins and needles.
    I normally have blood pressure on the lower side, but it’s been really low while I’ve been on the diet, (100/60 last Friday). Hard to know what comes from what though isn’t it! I totally understand about avoiding going to the Dr, it costs a fair bit here and I would rather spend that money on things I need for this diet too.

However, you know your body best, and if you’re really worried, it may be best to just bite the bullet and go!

Good luck, hope you start feeling good soon 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Faith.

Second, about 5 days ago I noticed my toes kinda getting a blue tint, right where the nail starts? When I cross my legs I’ll notice my toes tingling and then I see that all my nails and toes are blueish, not crazy, but noticeable. Ah…what do I do? Is this die-off? Haven’t heard of it?

This is definitely not die-off. And yes I’ve heard of it. Have you had your blood pressure pills changed lately?

You didn’t mention it, but are you taking any type of antibiotic? And have you ever had the nails to turn blue in the past?

If you have primary or secondary Raynaud’s Syndrome, cold temperatures as well as stress can trigger attacks during which little or no blood will flow into affected areas. When this happens the skin as well as nails can turn white and then blue for a short time. As the blood flow returns, the areas can (but not always) turn red and throb, tingle, feel numb, or burn. In some extreme cases, doing something as simple as taking something from the freezer can cause the fingernails to turn blue. Under normal circumstances Raynaud’s is more aggravating than being a serious illness.

One of the many causes of Raynaud’s Syndrome is blood pressure medicines which contain beta blockers. My guess is that this is what you’re taking in the way of a blood pressure pill. Correct? If so, it’s possible that you may need to have the dosage changed, but this may not be the case of course, which is why it should be checked for correctness.

You don’t have to get all of the vitamins at one time or even at all, that’s up to you. If you can’t manage to obtain all but only a few, I would definitely continue to take “Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate,” vitamin C and vitamins A & D.

Be sure to read the information on the posts which Thomas posted for you if you’ve not already.

Definitely get your money back for the Threelac as you don’t need to be wasting money on this.

I also take a probiotic 2 a day and enzymes at each meal.

Probiotics should be taken on an empty stomach. Which probiotic are you taking, and what enzymes?

Able

Faith

Hey Able!

Thanks so much for taking the time! I know EVERYBODY is wanting to hear from you, so I appreciate it so much! 🙂

My mom just sent me the link for what you described and the pictures. My toes are no where near that bad, but just bluish a little bit. But I guess maybe I can go and see the Dr.’s at the clinic? I know they just aren’t really there to do anything but give you a quick prescription. But, something is better than nothing I guess?

My friend here in CA. has a probiotic by Kirkman. It’s Pro-Bio Gold 20 billion CFU’s.

The enzymes are Houston Enzymes one is-Zyme Prim, and AFP-Peptizyde. They are pretty expensive but have really helped her family and son who had leaky gut, and candida issues when he was young. So I’ve been taking them while I’m at her house.

I just got my Threelac in the mail today. I also ordered an “Active Digestive Enzymes” from GHT too. And some kind of Oxygen drop stuff? I don’t know what that is, hasn’t come yet. I thought maybe that would help if I needed more oxygen in my blood?

So now that I have the stuff from GHT, I’m thinking of sending it back, but I don’t know what to buy in place of it? Whole foods and the other vitamin store here do not carry Mega Food products. So if that’s the best, then I guess I’ll have to order online?

My sister is also having problems and will be joining me on the diet when I get home. So having to buy expensive Pro-biotics for the both of us will be challenging, but I want to get stuff that is going to fix this problem ASAP!

Should I take my B-Complex back too?

Since I’ve only been learning as I’m going, I started totally backwards and have had to make lots of changes.

Again, thanks for getting back to me. I emailed you on the first day I found this site but it said your box was already full!!! Ha!!!! Man, I’m sorry! You are just a popular guy! Thanks for taking the time! What a blessing to everyone!

Faith

Faith

Should I stop the CandiGone stuff?

Faith

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello again.

My friend here in CA. has a probiotic by Kirkman. It’s Pro-Bio Gold 20 billion CFU’s.

Pro-Bio 20-B contains only six different strains of bacteria. You definitely want to move up to more strains after you take this one. As many as 14 strains are available, and you need as many different strains as possible to fight the C. albicans.

The enzymes are Houston Enzymes

Look at the list of ingredients. Hemicellulase is not an enzyme that’s naturally produced by humans; this enzyme breaks down the molecules of hemicellulose (note the difference in spelling) in the fibers of the vegetables we eat into simple sugars. If you think this would be capable of feeding the Candida, I’m afraid you’re correct.

You might consider using Swedish Bitters as your only enzyme source.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12880_Importance-of-Swedish-Digestive-Bitters.aspx#post12880

So now that I have the stuff from GHT, I’m thinking of sending it back, but I don’t know what to buy in place of it?

You might consider organic coconut oil if you don’t already have it.

Should I take my B-Complex back too?

I certainly would. You’ll receive your B vitamins through the probiotics, kefir, and Greek yogurt.

Since I’ve only been learning as I’m going, I started totally backwards and have had to make lots of changes.

Don’t feel bad, unfortunately that happens to a lot of people.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d also get something better than threelac which only has 3 strains of probiotic. For how expensive it is, it is not worth it.

-raster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘My toes are turning blueish? Aiyiyi!’ is closed to new replies.