My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!

This topic contains 85 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  WhiteTrash 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Ok, I have been on this forum for a while and even followed it long before I became a member.

I have had Candida symptoms for a long time and about 2 years ago they got very bad. Some symptoms – I always got injured easily, would pull a muscle and be out for weeks at a time – shoulders, arms, legs, ankles. I constantly had cold hands and feet – would use space heaters in work and heating blankets at home. I would get yeast infections in my belly button a few times a year – yup, that’s right – like women get vaginal yeast infections, I would get nasty, smelly yeast infections right from my belly button. I always had dry skin, my elbows always had some type of eczema and the bottom of my feet were very tough and dry. I had a jock itch that would NEVER go away – no matter how many creams I tried. At one point I had very bad grinding of my teeth at night (not sure if that was related). I had a nail fungus on my toes and thumb of my hand.

The worst symptom I had was I had gotten prostatitis (which I now believe was fungal) and was on antibiotics for like 3 months (only made everything worse). I was also depressed and had ED problems from the prostatitis.

I had a constant “itch” all over my body, it rarely manifested in an actual rash – was always worse in the mornings and night and – would really hit me when I had sugary foods (I only figured that out once I realized I had candida). Oh, and I had itchy eyes all the time – that really sucked.

Anyway, I tried so many different programs and diets. I was on the Candida protocol for a while taking antifungals – I was pretty strict on the diet. I had tried a different Candida 90 day protocol (also with different antifungals, vitamin E, Vitamin c, liver cleanses, etc). I tried 3 months on a pulse dose of sporanox. I tried a 30 day humaworm cleanse. Some of my symptoms had gotten a little better but not by much.

I think it was around March or so when Jorge started praising S. Boulardii in his posts. I decided to quit all the antifungals and just try S. Boulardii and a few other probiotics (without the antifungal in them). At first, I had very bad die-off symptoms – it lasted for a few weeks.

Slowly, I started to feel better. During the first few months (from March to June or so) I kept to a decent diet but nowhere near as strict as this protocol. I definitely had ups and downs but kept getting better and better.

I am now at a point where most all of my symptoms are gone (the symptoms above – you name it – the itching, the prostatitis, my dry skin is now smooth, achy body, jock itch is gone, etc etc)- sometimes I’ll get a little itch but really nothing that is obtrusive and it doesn’t last long. I also gained 15 pounds over the last 3-4 months which is not a good thing but it’s because I’m eating so many of the foods I love again and feel great – (LOL). I still try to keep away from direct sugar foods but once in a while I’ll have a bite. I eat foods that turn to sugar in my body without a problem and I drink alcohol once or twice a week (usually a scotch or tequila – I stay away from beer).

I believe the Saccharomyces Boulardii was a godsend for me! I take a few other supplements but I really believe in the S Boulardii. It’s expensive but I just stuck to florastor. At first I used it twice a day and the last few months only once a day.

I’m not really on this forum much any more because I don’t have a need for it right now – but when I was desperate, all I did was read (whether it was here or other forums) and I want people to know there is hope and I want them to know what helped me.

Anyway, sorry for the long post – please ask me any questions if you want.

PS – Jorge – I really have to you to thank for this – I’m not sure if you feel as good as I do but I wish you the best!

tude58
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 56

Thank you for sharing your story. I did a search on it and it sounds awesome! It’s definitely on my list for after I get off the antifungals. I read several studies that suggested it could be dangerous to mix this with certain antifungals and certain other probiotics. I’ll talk to my doctor about it after my initial stages of this are behind me a bit more:)

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I’ve thought about S Boulardii but never tried it…I know you can’t take antifungals with it, though, and my ND has me on various pleo remedies and SF722. I’m guessing he is going to want me to continue on those, but a great idea for the future.

Raster, have you ever talked to Bernie about S.B?

mark2
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

What were your symtoms like on the prostatitis?Thank you .I am on jorge potocol too with symtemic drugs.

mark.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I tried S Boulardii, but had a bad reaction to it. I tried it for a week a few months ago, and was sneezing, very runny nose, breakout, etc. the entire time. I tried it again a few days ago, this time with taking Quercetin first, and didn’t get as bad of a runny nose, but had heart palpitations all night and in to the next day, from one pill. Did you experience any of this? I wonder if I’m allergic to it, or if that is die-off? thanks!
    -MGL

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

jdib;50970 wrote: Ok, I have been on this forum for a while and even followed it long before I became a member.

I have had Candida symptoms for a long time and about 2 years ago they got very bad. Some symptoms – I always got injured easily, would pull a muscle and be out for weeks at a time – shoulders, arms, legs, ankles. I constantly had cold hands and feet – would use space heaters in work and heating blankets at home. I would get yeast infections in my belly button a few times a year – yup, that’s right – like women get vaginal yeast infections, I would get nasty, smelly yeast infections right from my belly button. I always had dry skin, my elbows always had some type of eczema and the bottom of my feet were very tough and dry. I had a jock itch that would NEVER go away – no matter how many creams I tried. At one point I had very bad grinding of my teeth at night (not sure if that was related). I had a nail fungus on my toes and thumb of my hand.

The worst symptom I had was I had gotten prostatitis (which I now believe was fungal) and was on antibiotics for like 3 months (only made everything worse). I was also depressed and had ED problems from the prostatitis.

I had a constant “itch” all over my body, it rarely manifested in an actual rash – was always worse in the mornings and night and – would really hit me when I had sugary foods (I only figured that out once I realized I had candida). Oh, and I had itchy eyes all the time – that really sucked.

Anyway, I tried so many different programs and diets. I was on the Candida protocol for a while taking antifungals – I was pretty strict on the diet. I had tried a different Candida 90 day protocol (also with different antifungals, vitamin E, Vitamin c, liver cleanses, etc). I tried 3 months on a pulse dose of sporanox. I tried a 30 day humaworm cleanse. Some of my symptoms had gotten a little better but not by much.

I think it was around March or so when Jorge started praising S. Boulardii in his posts. I decided to quit all the antifungals and just try S. Boulardii and a few other probiotics (without the antifungal in them). At first, I had very bad die-off symptoms – it lasted for a few weeks.

Slowly, I started to feel better. During the first few months (from March to June or so) I kept to a decent diet but nowhere near as strict as this protocol. I definitely had ups and downs but kept getting better and better.

I am now at a point where most all of my symptoms are gone (the symptoms above – you name it – the itching, the prostatitis, my dry skin is now smooth, achy body, jock itch is gone, etc etc)- sometimes I’ll get a little itch but really nothing that is obtrusive and it doesn’t last long. I also gained 15 pounds over the last 3-4 months which is not a good thing but it’s because I’m eating so many of the foods I love again and feel great – (LOL). I still try to keep away from direct sugar foods but once in a while I’ll have a bite. I eat foods that turn to sugar in my body without a problem and I drink alcohol once or twice a week (usually a scotch or tequila – I stay away from beer).

I believe the Saccharomyces Boulardii was a godsend for me! I take a few other supplements but I really believe in the S Boulardii. It’s expensive but I just stuck to florastor. At first I used it twice a day and the last few months only once a day.

I’m not really on this forum much any more because I don’t have a need for it right now – but when I was desperate, all I did was read (whether it was here or other forums) and I want people to know there is hope and I want them to know what helped me.

Anyway, sorry for the long post – please ask me any questions if you want.

PS – Jorge – I really have to you to thank for this – I’m not sure if you feel as good as I do but I wish you the best!

I feel so happy that my efforts to help this community are given results. Candidiasis has been the worse battle of my life. I have spent almost five years researching, treating, and battling this terrible syndrome. There isn’t candida forum or candida group that don’t know my posts.
    In an effort to recover my own health, I have dedicated more than 3500 hours to read and research this syndrome. The result has been more than 200 medical papers saved in my computer linked to candida and owning all available literature about this syndrome. Does it mean I am cured ? No, unfortunately my case is very severe and I don’t know if I have developed some related illness as a result of this severe candidiasis. I don’t feel totally well but I am a lot better than before. Still, I am battling what I think is candida colonies in my lower small bowel or colon. Probably, it is a non-albicans species very resistant.

Having said it, yes, I know S. Boulardii works against an intestinal candidiasis. Your post has an important meaning for my knowledge since I am aware of another severe case who was cured using Florastor. This is what is relevant since there are several strains of S. Boulardii used in pharmaceutical probiotics. It looks like the strain Florastor uses (the original) is more effective battling candida than any other.

S. Boulardii segregates Capryc Acid that impedes candida adhesion to the epithelial cells. It also modulate the inflammatory response inside the gut facilitating the growth of lactic acid bacteria.

I am pretty sure if some other members follow a treatment with S. Boulardii, they will get a cure soon. I feel happy some of my suggestions have given some people their health back. No only S. Boulardii but Nystatin retention enemas and other protocols I have thought to treat vaginal candidiasis have ended in a cure for many.

Here I am for all you and hope God sends me a final cure some day.

Thanks for posting your success.!

Jorge.

jdib

@Jorge, I hope you get your cure soon!!!

@mark2 – Oh boy – symptoms of Prostatitis (don’t wish it on my worst enemy) – Feeling the need to urinate constantly even though you don’t have to, pain in the the testicles and the entire pelvic region, a burning fire/ pain in the anus, almost complete loss of libido and serious ED problems.

@mygutleaks – I have no idea – but could your “reactions” have been die-off? I told you I had very bad die-off at first.

EricaI
    Replies: 17

I started SB a week ago but I haven’t stopped the coconut oil I’m taking (it’s the only anti fungal I take).
    So far I’m taking
    1 pill mega flora before breakfast.
    1 tsp coconut oil after lunch.
    1 c Kefir after dinner
    1 pill SB before bed

Should I stop the coconut oil or is it spaced far enough apart?

Thanks for any advice!!
    Erica

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I just can’t find where you send PM’s on this site 😐 i’ve done it before..must be blind today 😛

Jorge, have you ever tried basic allergy medicine? Such Atarax (Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride)?
    Helps me to feel pretty much while chelating heavy metals

fireman22
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I would also like to start taking some s boulardii but was wondering if it’s ok to take it while drinking nettle tea.

I’m pretty sure nettle has antifungal properties so would it be ok to drink the tea in the morning and take SB at night?

dvjorge
    Participant

S. Boulardii has to be used without anything antifungal. Green tea, coconut oil, kefir will interfere with it no matter if you take it separately.

It is diet and S. Boulardii alone.!

Jorge.

jdib

dvjorge;51010 wrote: S. Boulardii has to be used without anything antifungal. Green tea, coconut oil, kefir will interfere with it no matter if you take it separately.

Jorge.

Yes! That’s exactly what I did. I got rid of all the antifungals. Stopped sf722, coconut oil, oregano oil, gse, etc etc.

dvjorge
    Participant

jdib;51031 wrote:

S. Boulardii has to be used without anything antifungal. Green tea, coconut oil, kefir will interfere with it no matter if you take it separately.

Jorge.

Yes! That’s exactly what I did. I got rid of all the antifungals. Stopped sf722, coconut oil, oregano oil, gse, etc etc.

Absolutely.! I found another success story taking Florastor. It looks like there is something different with Florastor regarding to the anticandida activity if we compare it to other S. Boulardii brands. Years ago, I knew of a very severe candida case who took Florastor and did enemas and finally reported a cure. I know at least of 4 cases who has eliminated a severe intestinal candidiasis with Florastor and a diet.

Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Raster might try it out soon…

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

raster, are you gonna try S. Bouldarii or Florastor? Definitely report your progress if you do!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘My Story – A Godsend Called Saccharomyces Boulardii!!’ is closed to new replies.