My Progress 9/15

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Progress 9/15

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I have been on the candida diet for about one month now. I’m calling it my Month Zero however, as I’ve made little mistakes throughout the month (having oatmeal, citric acid, soy sauce, lactose in stevia, cornstarch in baking powder, sorbitol in toothpaste and so on).

About 3-4 days in I experienced terrible lethargy and stayed mostly in bed those days, and felt extremely weak for the next 2 weeks. Since then, I have not experienced any die-off symptoms since increasing coconut oil from 3 spoonfuls to 6-8 spoonfuls a day. I have introduced oregano oil (2 drops a day) and have not experienced any die-off either. I’ve increased today to 8 drops.

The only time I felt awful was the beginning of this diet, but that could have been from carb, sugar and caffeine withdrawals so I’m not sure if I ever had specific die-off symptoms. I’ll keep increasing my dosages steadily though I absolutely hate taking oregano oil, it’s extremely vile! I should have bought softgels, and will do so when this bottle is finished.

At this point I feel pretty much exactly like I did before starting the candida diet. Okay, not great, but at least I can walk and not get tied anymore. And I do feel healthier.

– I feel better without the need for coffee or tea to energize me. I still have acne that is iffy, but I feel like the flare-up is starting to subside and may have become more severe from my detoxing. We shall see.

– I still feel brain fog, particularly when I read news reports on my laptop. I still have trouble getting things done, but I wonder if this is just not a habit of laziness I have developed from being tired.

– My IBS symptoms have become more severe — bloating, constipation. I am hoping the new probiotic I’m taking will help with this as I can’t remember when I’ve ever really been regular. I’ve only been on it about 4 days though. I am not sure what is contributing for the increase, it may be a combination of things. I have started eating meat again after 1 year of being pescatarian, I have become more sedentary these past 2 weeks, and I started taking a vitamin so maybe it is the iron in it. It could also be candida die-off that is blocking the way. The past two days, I observed what looked like to be candida in my stool.

My weight loss has subsided and stabilized. I’m hoping to keep losing more weight, but I’ll focus on feeling better first! I really need to start exercising more and taking more walks. It’s going to get harder to do so as the weather is getting chilly! Best pick up the habits now.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like your doing good! Give the diet another few months and you may be able to eat normal foods again within no time. For best results, consult a naturopathic doctor; they will get you on the track of recovery within weeks and not months.

If you have too much gas, then stop taking the probiotic for a few days and then start again. Also the probiotic/coconut oil may be causing the IBS; I am unsure of course.

The acne means that your organs are still detoxing toxins; your organs cannot handle it so its going out through your skin.

Keep it up! Remember it can take as long a 6-18 months to fully feel “normal again” from candida.

Pina

Thanks raster for your encouragement! I do plan to stay on this diet for as long as it possibly takes to feel 100%

I have read coconut oil helps with IBS, and I was having the symptoms before starting it so I think it might be the other factors I mentioned. Hopefully the IBS and acne clears up soon!

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Pina,

I have had very few die-off symptoms as well. The first couple of days I experienced a headache and pain around my ears and glands, but other than that nothing much. I have noticed a big improvement in my energy level and cravings….it is around that time of month and I have indulged in a few sweets, but other than that I can say my cravings have been reduced alot. I have lost weight approx 8 lbs since I started, one week with the cleanse of broth and detox drinks, and then this is my second week of the diet. I also take oil of oregano and put 3-4 drops in a tiny bit of water and down it like a shot and then have lots of water after…it is bad tasting but I feel it is worth it. The coconut oil is harder for me to get down because it is so greasy.

I am glad to hear not everyone has alot of die-off symptoms…I thought possibly the whole candida thing was in my head

Joy

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Pina wrote: I have been on the candida diet for about one month now. I’m calling it my Month Zero however, as I’ve made little mistakes throughout the month (having oatmeal, citric acid, soy sauce, lactose in stevia, cornstarch in baking powder, sorbitol in toothpaste and so on).

Nice call on all of the above, Pina.

I have to wonder why you’ve added red meat back to your diet, since practicing Pescetarianism allowed you to obtain your protein from fish before. I know that Pescetarianism also allows for eggs to be eaten, do you eat these?
    The problem I have with red meat is the fact that when the protein is broken down, it releases lots of ammonia which is an alkaline gas. In addition to causing an additional load of toxins for your liver to deal with, additional ammonia is already being released by the Candida infestation itself in order to build a friendlier environment for their thriving communities. So in the long run, red meat will harm a lot more than help your situation as a whole.

Quote: “My IBS symptoms have become more severe — bloating, constipation. I am hoping the new probiotic I’m taking will help with this as I can’t remember when I’ve ever really been regular.”

Constipation and bloating are notorious for being a big part of the problems presented by a Candida Infestation. Hopefully the probiotic will in time help this problem significantly. In addition to this, red meat is a known problem for the bowels and typically will hinder elimination to some degree, large or shall.

I’m assuming you’re taking Molybdenum and Candidate for the die-off symptoms. You can take up to 250 mcg three times a day if you need to for the die-off symptoms.

What count is the probiotic you’re taking right now? Also which probiotic did you stop in order to take the new one, I’m talking about the brand, counts and number of strains for both.

You’re doing fine, hang in and you’ll eventually find your reward for all the hard work.
    Able

Pina

Hi Joy,

Glad to hear I’m not the only one with lack of die-off symptoms. Yesterday I upped my oregano oil dose again and got a small headache but nothing major.

I’ve lost about 10 lb since starting the candida diet and my cravings now are pretty nonexistent. I’d take coconut oil over oregano any day haha, but I rather like the taste of coconut.

Pina

Able900 wrote:

I have to wonder why you’ve added red meat back to your diet, since practicing Pescetarianism allowed you to obtain your protein from fish before. I know that Pescetarianism also allows for eggs to be eaten, do you eat these?

I meant that I have reintroduced chicken. I’ve cut down my fish consumption somewhat as I worry about mercury contamination coupled with candida. I’ve had organ bison once and since I’m not a fan of red meat or pork I won’t be eating them all that often.

Able900 wrote: I’m assuming you’re taking Molybdenum and Candidate for the die-off symptoms. You can take up to 250 mcg three times a day if you need to for the die-off symptoms.

What count is the probiotic you’re taking right now? Also which probiotic did you stop in order to take the new one, I’m talking about the brand, counts and number of strains for both.

I’m not taking anything for die-off symptoms and I don’t plan to. I’d rather experience the die-off to know it’s working. It’s somewhat disconcerting I don’t really have any die-off after introducing coconut oil and oregano oil, and having garlic every day. I’m wondering now if it’s just that my case of Candida is not very severe.

I’m taking Ultimate Flora 50 billion count, and was taking 2-3 packets of ThreeLac before that.

Thanks for your encouragement, Able! Sticking to the diet is not so hard for me, but waiting for results is! haha

Able900
    Spectator

Pina wrote: I’m not taking anything for die-off symptoms and I don’t plan to. I’d rather experience the die-off to know it’s working. It’s somewhat disconcerting I don’t really have any die-off after introducing coconut oil and oregano oil, and having garlic every day. I’m wondering now if it’s just that my case of Candida is not very severe.

Hello, Pina.

I remember one of your posts about experiencing lethargy 3 to 4 days into the diet and staying in bed, plus feeling weak for a couple of weeks. That was probably the die-off symptoms. Maybe you’re correct; perhaps you did have a very mild case of Candida albicans, or just a heavy yeast infection.

I don’t remember you talking about your symptoms or why you originally thought you had Candida. What exactly were your Candida symptoms, and do you have any now?

Able

Pina

Able900 wrote: Hello, Pina.

I remember one of your posts about experiencing lethargy 3 to 4 days into the diet and staying in bed, plus feeling weak for a couple of weeks. That was probably the die-off symptoms. Maybe you’re correct; perhaps you did have a very mild case of Candida albicans, or just a heavy yeast infection.

I don’t remember you talking about your symptoms or why you originally thought you had Candida. What exactly were your Candida symptoms, and do you have any now?

Able

Hi Able,

I am not sure if those bad days of lethargy were die-off. I’ve quit coffee and did low-carb and no sugar diets before and I had similar bad reactions of extreme fatigue so while I thought it was die-off before, it may have just been carb/sugar/caffeine withdrawal for me. I haven’t experienced anything similar since, only occasional tiredness and a headache now and then. I still hope it was die-off!

I went to the doctor a year ago and was told nothing was wrong with me, nothing to explain why I was always tired and had depression. My bloodwork said I was completely healthy. After one very bad span of months where I had the worst depression I’ve ever had, I decided to change my diet and became pescatarian (before this, I have never really eaten healthy in my life). Some time into the diet I started to get very bad acne (to where before I had relatively clear skin). I know I had been eating bread, fruit and sugar every day.

I do have mostly fatigue problems, occasional depression and lethargy. I’ve never felt robust or very healthy, whenever I exercise I don’t really feel good afterward.

I always have bloating and constipation problems, before this I would rely on foods that acted as diuretics (fruit, coffee) so now the symptoms are worse. Some days my tongue is coated rather white, and I have had yeast infections and skin fungal infections in the past.

The worst symptom is probably my severe brain fog, which is very bad still, I experience it every day. Very spacey/fuzzy feelings and occasional spots before my eyes. Sometimes I have severe dizziness when I get up from bed. Other symptoms are that I am overly sensitive (start tearing up easily over anything), easily irritable and my concentration is extremely poor.

Again I still have quite bad acne on my face. I’ve started putting coconut oil on my face and have seen some improvement, but it’s too early to tell. I am suspecting that grains/sugar caused me to get severe acne and I’m hoping I will have clear skin several months into the diet.

I’m not sure how severe my candida is still, but do think I have symptoms that are being caused by it.

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Pina, I have many of the same symptoms that you do. The coated tongue in the morning, the brain fog, lethargy(not always, but enough to be noticeable) I don’t think I have as bad a case as some people on the site, which possibly is why the die-off effect isnt quite so bad. This could also be why it took me so long to figure out I have this condition. My symptoms are not bad enough to really affect my quality of life in a debilitating way, but just enough to be bothersome!

I have been feeling great since I changed my diet so. I had cheese a couple of days ago, and about an hour later didn’t feel very good, so now I know this is something that should be avoided. Also we went out for an anniversary dinner last night and I had a steak….again an hour later felt heartburn and it has just felt like a big lump in my stomach all night and this morning again. So avoiding red meat is something I will also do.

In the past I never really took notice of how I felt after eating certain foods, but when you are feeling good and have something that doesn’t agree with you it is much more noticable.

I have been taking a higher dose of probiotics, and am using the same kind Able uses. it is renew life, but mine is 50 billion with 9 strains and he said you can get it with 80 billion and 14 strains so I will look for that one next.

I am feeling like the oil of oregano and coconut oil are helping as well. Have you tried the coconut butter(organic) Able said it is a good food product (has some oil and protein etc in it) and it is delicous!! I took a raw food cooking class a while back and this was one of the igredients in making a chocolate ball type thing.

Have a nice day!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Joy: its good that you are testing foods, but don’t indulge in them too much because it doesnt help you recover. Testing the foods will allow you to see what you can and cannot eat on the diet. Some day in the future you won’t feel any symptoms from these foods and thats when you know you are doing very well.

Pina: the molybdenum and some of the other vitamins recommended during the “dangers of die off” post can also help the IBS. Basically your body is detoxing the candida and its coming out of your stool (causing havoc), so as you do the diet you will slowly see your digestion improve significantly.

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Pina.
    Considering your symptoms there’s no doubt that you have a Candida albicans infestation. Sticking strictly to the diet and adding a few antifungals plus a good probiotic such as Joy suggested is the road to a cure.
    Ground flax seeds and milled flax seeds used in baking can help with the constipation.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My Progress 9/15’ is closed to new replies.