My own attempt to treat C. albicans, journal. UPDATE

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals My own attempt to treat C. albicans, journal. UPDATE

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 6 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Thanks for input Able 🙂

I’ve though a lot about what is die-off/c. albicans getting more aggressive with the die-off and what is worsening in my condition.

For 1½ year, I’ve stuck to this diet and used different anti-fungals, like garlic, oil of oregano etc. Garlic should do the very same thing as you describe for beneficial bacteria and kill off the non-beneficial, but over time, my condition only gets worse. But it’s worth mentioning that after some time with loads of prebiotics, probiotics and other stuff that promote the beneficial flora I can use a little garlic and get a very good result. In fact, I can feel cured for days, no symptoms, no rashes, nothing when doing this proper.

The strange thing is, that I get worse from coconut milk and not coconut oil. Why could this be? In my family, some members can’t transport fructose from the gut into the bloodstream due to damaged/inactive GLUT-5 receptor cells.

The fructose in coconut Kefir stays, the fungi and bacteria in kefir can’t digest fructose. Fructose that is not absorbed into the bloodstream ferments over hours until the bowel is emptied. This could harm like beef or pork does, but I’m not sure of this is what I really experience.

In a few days I will try out water kefir, fermented for 48 hours, to see if there is a difference like with the anti fungals vs. anti microbals.

Regarding the psychosomatics: It did help a lot seeing a psychologist, to get more attention on life rather the disease all the time. Besides that, I’m quite sure an actually worsening is connected to the food I intake. But you are absolute right about this subject, 2 years ago I treated this disease (c. albicans) as being a couple of psychosomatic symptoms.

Right now, I just had a lot of eggs, salad and sauerkraut, last thing Really helps!

Overall, the die-off experience for me lasted for weeks last summer, nystatin and garlic/oregano oil being the anti-fungals, then I got better..but since that time it’s been back and forth, some days I feel really good, some days it comes back.

klips32
    Participant

Water kefir tastes sweet? I did drink the first cup today. I’m using 4 tablespoons of plain sugar, fermits over 48 hours. The grains I use are new, so it should take some time to “activate” them. Before the first portion, I had the grains sit for 4 days with sugar (recommended by manufacturer).

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

klips32;35297 wrote: Water kefir tastes sweet? I did drink the first cup today. I’m using 4 tablespoons of plain sugar, fermits over 48 hours. The grains I use are new, so it should take some time to “activate” them. Before the first portion, I had the grains sit for 4 days with sugar (recommended by manufacturer).

Did you do a second ferment? You should set them out for 48 hours, then strain, put the grains in a new batch, and let the strained water kefir sit out for another day or two.

It tastes kind of like those beer pops, like Mike’s Hard Lemonade or whatever, only without any of the flavoring. It’s slightly alcoholic, fizzy, and sour. At this point, it kind of tastes like a Coke or something to me (although probably not to anyone else that’s used to actual Coke, LOL)

klips32
    Participant

I did a second ferment, as the instruction told me to do, everything is done as it should be.

It says however, that cane sugar was used in the original grains, and I use regular sugar to avoid other microorgnaisms. It can ferment on regular sugar as well it says.

The grains should take some week to get fully activated, but work after the first 4-day fermentation. I’m transporting the bottle with the grains a lot, does this have an effect on the growth? It’s 2 rides with train a week..

alexalgebra

klips32;35470 wrote: I did a second ferment, as the instruction told me to do, everything is done as it should be.

It says however, that cane sugar was used in the original grains, and I use regular sugar to avoid other microorgnaisms. It can ferment on regular sugar as well it says.

The grains should take some week to get fully activated, but work after the first 4-day fermentation. I’m transporting the bottle with the grains a lot, does this have an effect on the growth? It’s 2 rides with train a week..

Ah, yeah, I mean if you can, I would switch to something organic. You have no idea what’s in regular sugar :p You can always do a test batch once it gets going to see.

Transportation shouldn’t do anything bad to it. I used to take mine around a lot, but now there’s too much.

klips32
    Participant

Ill buy some organic cane sugar. But the fact is, that you rather don’t know what’s in the organic cane sugar rather then plain white sugar. The organic is less processed, that means that any pathogenic organism within it is still alive or able to “wake up” once in a good environment. plain sugar is plain sugar, 50% fructose, 50% glucose, nothing else, in Denmark that is, dont know in the states.

Update on the journal

I’m finally feeling regular die-off symptoms again after eating biotin. Great, but challenging! I can’t buy molybdenum in Denmark, so I have to look up tomorrow what to do without that stuff (forum post).

My Kefir is still to sugary, havent tried it yet.

klips32
    Participant

I’m drinking a lot of apple cider vinegar at the moment, but found out my rashes get worse from it. I’ll cut down – or should I leave it out completely?

alexalgebra

klips32;36246 wrote: I’m drinking a lot of apple cider vinegar at the moment, but found out my rashes get worse from it. I’ll cut down – or should I leave it out completely?

It can kill both good and bad bacteria, so wouldn’t go too crazy on it.

Also, yeah, I think in the states organic sugar is just that – organic unprocessed sugar crystals. No hidden ingredients.

klips32
    Participant

Thanks for the info Alex! I have been drinking a lot of that stuff, and not taking the right amount of probiotics at the moment -> bloating comes back, havent had this for 5-6 month or so, dang it..

Can’t tell if I ever want to drink that again.

At the moment: I’m looking at buying a large quantity of probiotics from germany, together with molybdenum and more biotin.

klips32
    Participant

Regarding Kefir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zvVlc115_A

I could not get molasses so I did what the lady in the clip shows. 1 slice of lemon, Raisins (10-12) partly mashed and a little baking soda.

Now it’s bobbling away, and looks very much like something is happening. 🙂

alexalgebra

I don’t know about the baking soda, but I have heard some dried fruit can be a sub for the molasses. Let us know how it turns out!

klips32
    Participant

still too sugary to drink… 🙁

Someone want to see pics of it?

Edit: More conflicting information. In the youtube video the lady adds a lemon slice, now I read in my kefir instruction that came with the kefirgrains that juice with lemon or lime should be avoided – It can harm the kefir.

Once again, the internet shows how unreliable it is for information searching..Hate that everybody can talk/write whatever they like.

The only thing I do to my kefir is organic sugar and organic raisins, that should work. 2 weeks with this, and no results.

klips32
    Participant

BIG UPDATE:

I’ve been really good from time to time, no big symptoms.

Right now i’m getting 200mg of diflucan from my MD. Every time I take a pill of 50mg, I slowly become myself again.

Also tried itraconazole for a while, gave me sharp vision again, but it did not last for long. Itraconazole is also one of t he weaker azoles against c. albicans.

What a big problem for me is at the time is SIBO, first I just started to feel some pain when drinking kefir, now it’s worse: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst7217_Small-intestine-bacterial-overgrowth–early-signs.aspx

Rashes DO disappear when you get better, however, it comes back when I relapse. But it’s really great combining fluconazole with an topical azole creme on the rashes.

On the diet aspects: I don’t eat completely carb-free, the reason is simply that I get too ill, I cant prep. food, shop and I surdenly dont make any progress in my health. Sleep is pretty bad when I take a complete carb-free meal, sadly not in the die-off way weak, but somewhat different.

I’ll try to update some more.. Thanks for the forum, although some advise gave me more problems then before 😛

klips32
    Participant

cheated to day.. I ate 2 protein bars who turn up in my kitchen (old stuff), and though they might taste great..They did. And my supper tasted of nothing afterwards due to the sugar bombs the bars are 😛 Didn’t feel that much from eating them, only a few weak symptoms. But hey, havent cheated for a long, long time.

Back on diet. Need to figure out more about the liver, what I learned in collage seems ages away right now..

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘My own attempt to treat C. albicans, journal. UPDATE’ is closed to new replies.