My (New) Candida Journey (Now Containing Mercury!)

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals My (New) Candida Journey (Now Containing Mercury!)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Yuki
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

I posted here about a year or so ago at a much earlier point in my Candida Journey. Since then, I have come a long way. After just a few week shorts on the diet and feeling like crap, I “relapsed” into my old American diet, and I stayed that way for nearly a year. I was okay…at first. As you may have guessed, about four months ago Candida returned with a vengeance, and here I am.

I started back at square one, but as usual with me, I rushed into it far too quickly. I wasn’t playing around this time, so I loaded up on as many antifungals as possible. One of those was called “chlorella.” Golly gee did I make a big mistake! I stuck strictly to the diet but over the course of a month my symptoms and die off only worsened. Die off included everything from daily headaches and brain fog to oral thrush and a yellow tinted tongue. My night sweats worsened, and I was having heart palpitations so severe that, quite frankly, I was becoming afraid.

I was already taking supplements for my liver, so I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong…until it dawned on me: mercury. It was only something I’d read about in passing around here and other forms, something I never paid much attention because hey–I hadn’t had any amalgam in my mouth since I was a child! (Or, so I thought.)

After eleven fillings, four root canals, gum surgery, and severe bone loss in my jaw, it turns out two of my old fillings DO have metal underneath! Porcelain over metal posts, yippee. On top of the <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>chlorella, I eat lots of cilantro as part of my regular diet (I make my own salsa and put it in salads) so as it turns out, I was unknowingly chelating a bunch of mercury and dumping it into my bloodstream! Well, that explains a lot.</span>

My symptoms promoted a visit to my PCP, who drew blood and took a swab of my mouth. Turns out I’m not quite hyperthyroid but I was well on my way. My sympathetic nervous system is a train wreck, and the stress caused a rise in my cholesterol. Here I am, $9,000 in debt later, still bed ridden, candida ridden, and apparently, poisoned by mercury. The test is still pending but now that my doctor and dentist are in communication, they both believe the amalgam to be the cause.

Thankfully, my current dentist doesn’t use amalgam, and once my insurance is switched in 2-3 months, I should be able to afford having the crowns removed and remade–porcelain only. My old crowns were so poorly constructed they also caused permanent damage to my bite as well.

Yup! So at last, I at least feel like I have found the “cause” of this horribleness. A few months ago I was certain I was hyperthyroid, that my immune system was irreparably damaged, and that I’d have to live with candida for the rest of my life! In combination with my PCP and Dentist, we are working on mapping out a care plan for the next two years.

First step, removing and replacing my crowns. In the meantime, I have been supplementing with probiotics, a mixed mineral supplement, activated charcoal, molybdenum, and high doses of vitamins D, E, and C. I am also taking fish oil and flaxseed oil daily. I also drink detox, echinacea, and nettle leaf tea to help with die-off. Of course, these supplements are all in addition to sticking to the strict candida diet protocol. I also take one detox Epsom salt bath once per week, as well as a clay detox.

So far, improvement has come in short bursts. My remaining symptoms are: yellow tinted tongue, headaches, vision loss/blurriness (especially in my right eye where the worst crown is), tooth pain, trembling hands, insomnia, and fatigue. My vaginal yeast infections seem to have largely cleared up, and my despite the very thin film on my tongue, I tested negative for Candida in my mouth. Even better, the night sweats have disappeared and I can almost think!

The next 2-3 months will be spent building up my immune system while the crowns are removed, and I will began mercury chelation not long after. I am very nervous so I will be starting on the lowest dose of DMPS. I’ll be starting at 5mg and working up to 25mg over the course of about six months. Depending on improvement, I may begin adding low doses of ALA (Alpha Lipolic Acid) around that time as well.

I know I’m still a long ways off, but I’m hoping that 2-3 years from now, this will all be behind me. I was depressed for a while, and though I still struggle with it I am feeling a lot more positive. I hope to be healthy enough in a few years to be able to carry a child without any complications. I will be posting routine updates here about my progress, both with the the diet and chelation. I hope someone can gain something from reading my experience.

-Yuki

Donate here to help me get Mercury-free and solve my systematic candiasis permanently! (Even $1 can greatly help my cause!)

Yuki
    Participant
    Replies: 14

Unfortunately, this month has been full of “cheating.” My brother in law was just married, and although I tried to stick to the diet as much as possible (we even brought our own food–but not nearly enough) we could only do so much. I figured my brother only gets married once, so I let loose. I drank alcohol, had a few small desserts, and even a quarter of a potato. The food was pretty subpar…so I’m not sure how worth it it was, lol.

Since then, my fiance and I filled out our marriage licence, and in celebration went out to dinner. I ate a baked potato, and we split a small dessert.

It only gets worse…this weekend we’ll be at a convention out of state from Thursday-Sunday, so I can’t imagine we’ll be able to stick entirely to the diet. We plan on bringing as much food as possible (dozen hard boiled eggs, a ton of meatballs, chicken stir fry, beef stir fry, a big old container of zucchini noodles on top of our usual spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, and celery for salads) but whether or not it will last is still up for debate. We plan on ordering breakfast every morning, so…fingers crossed!

Still, once we get married on the 24th, her parents are taking us out to eat, and we’re at the very least going to celebrate for our damn marriage! I plan on eating WHATEVER I want (and reaping the consequences the next day.) Even worser, the 26th is my fiance’s birthday, so that’s another night we’ll be eating something off-diet.

Blargh! So this month is pretty crap as far as my diet is concerned. Luckily, we plan on recleansing all throughout March, and we follow the diet very strictly. No soy, no sugars, no crabs, etc. etc. The only exceptions for me are Almond Butter (less than 1g of sugar per serving), nuts, and full fat yogurt (a whopping 5g of sugar per serving.) I have to eat these things in order to stabilize my weight (we’ve both been losing weight since beginning, but it’s much more dangerous for me.)

So I’m hoping March can be my cleanse month, just in time to up my immune system, shit kick the candida, and be as healthy (as possible) for the removal of my crowns. To be honest, I don’t mind the diet too much, and I find plenty of ways to keep it interesting. I plan on posting some recipes later on today if I have the time.

Did I mention for Valentine’s Day I got a bunch of sugar free, low carb treats? Some of the candy contains alcohol based sweeteners (ugh) but I don’t plan in indulging in much of those. From Etsy I found a nice woman who makes her own chocolate from scratch, and made me several homemade truffles, chocolates, and “cookies” all entirely sugar free and as a low as 2 net carbs per serving. I am looking forward to their arrival today, maybe I’ll post pics!

-Yuki

Donate here to help me get Mercury-free and solve my systematic candiasis permanently! (Even $1 can greatly help my cause!)

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

Be very, very careful with chelation! It’s a highly controversial practice. It may severely affect your health for years to come.

Chelation involves adding lots of unnatural chemicals directly into your bloodstream. This messes up your electrolyte balance and it interferes with the transportation of nourishment to your cells, and with the removal of waste products from the cells to the liver and the kidneys. The body is stressed by having to remove the chelating chemicals which your are constantly adding.

Note that chelation is known by medicine. It is used when it is necessary. But, more importantly: it is not used when it is not necessary! This latter thing is for good reason: chelating is helpful when the problems (a real poisoning) are severe enough to outweigh the dangers of chelation, but it is harmful when there is nothing to be treated in the first place. That’s why doctors are quite reluctant when it comes to chelation. It’s simply too risky.

Rabelais

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My (New) Candida Journey (Now Containing Mercury!)’ is closed to new replies.