My.journey

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Emsmith 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

I started this road to recovery 9 long months ago. I’ve made a lot of improvements, but have also had some setbacks. More recently I binged on ice cream and cookies, consuming more sugar in a few hours than I’ve had in 9 months. Overnight a bump appeared on my knuckle accompanied by joint pain. This appears to be a bouchard node, related to osteo or rheumatoid arthritis. To think that I caused an auto immune or degenerative disease by a few poor choices really pisses me off. So this is my attempt to lay out all my improvements, next time I think of throwing it all away. First and foremost my acne is what got me here. This is directly related to my diet, even though I’ve been told time and time again there is no way these two are related. The cystic acne is gone and I breakout when I cheat. The scaly, flaky, non healing scalp is no longer an issue. My energy, irritability, and sleep have greatly improved. My digestion is much better with 2 bowel movements each day, before maybe once every 3 days. My overactive bowel sounds are gone. My bowel movements are now formed, no more diarrhea/constipation. My evenings are no longer spent doubled over in pain for hours after eating gluten. My athlete’s foot is gone, until I cheat. My oral thrush has been gone for awhile. My lips are the healthiest they’ve been for as long as I can remember. My cloudy urine and smelly gas are gone. I no longer feel like I need a nap after lunch. I lost the puffiness I had all over, cankles no more. My pms is not nearly as bad as it used to be and the cramps have improved the most. The last improvement is my memory. As I shed the sugar, gluten, soy, dairy, corn, nuts, parabans, toxic cleaning chemicals, genetically modified foods, pesticides, etc. I truly feel like I’m becoming normal again. I was just a zombie going through the motions. I’m in control of what I eat and this directly correlates to how I look, act, and feel. My goal is to update this in 2 months and be symptom free by June.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thank you for posting this, Em, and thank you for admitting your mistakes; this is the type of information that helps newer members to learn from our mistakes.

Congratulations on your accomplishments, there are quite a number there to be proud of.

Able

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

I forgot I also no longer have ear issues. Many days I felt underwater and had problems hearing. Also had annoying popping sounds and these are gone as well. No more headaches or hemorrhoids! But this damn bump on my knuckle is here to stay I guess. It grew a fluid filled sac around it, but at least the redness and pain are subsiding. Cheating is soooo not worth it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘My.journey’ is closed to new replies.