My journey

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Hi

I am new here, but have tried to read as many posts as possible to get as much information as possible to understand the detox diet and I am real thankful for this site.
    I was going to do the cleanse time, and then I read about Psyllium being potentially dangerous because it can create internal lacerations….so that immediately threw me off as well as using Pau d’Arco as too much of a blood thinner.So, I plan to do it this way: not do the cleanse, but only prepare myself for 1 week gently and then do step 1. My plea is please can you correct me if you think I am going to approach this wrong:

I want to spend 1 week preparing myself for the step 1 two week long detox diet first. I am afraid switching from one day to the next to greens only and an egg maybe here and there will create huge binge moments or drive me crazy with aweful withdrawal migraines …and what about fainting??? there is not any carb in there?.I am so afraid to faint. So I am thinking of starting to take out some foods slowly (I eat a lot of chickpeas, and other legumes, rice), try to switch to a gentle veggie broth in the evening, and start with 1 glass of sqeezed lemon every day, rather then 3 yet, and towards the end of this week, only get to be able to eat greens.
    Then Start the detox diet with Garlic, Lemon juice 3 times a day and milkthistle tea eating only steamed greens and raw veggies for 2 weeks. And lots of water.
    What about the veggie broth mentioned in the colonics cleanses? is that a good thing to do for dinners for example during the step 1 phase?

What do you think? is that a good plan?

thanks to all
    Alex

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Don’t do the psyllium husk; there are much more effective treatments.

Only do the diet; the “cleanse” part is not advised (where you eat very little foods).

As far as withdrawal symptoms; your body will want sugar, salt, bad foods, etc because the candida wants it to feed/grow. You will have to deal with this for a few weeks and then it goes away.

Things you need for the diet:

1)oxygen
    2)protein
    3)water
    4)alkaline foods
    5)supplements
    6)patience
    7)persistence

Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results and a good strong plan. It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida.

granolamama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

raster wrote: Don’t do the psyllium husk; there are much more effective treatments.

Only do the diet; the “cleanse” part is not advised (where you eat very little foods).

As far as withdrawal symptoms; your body will want sugar, salt, bad foods, etc because the candida wants it to feed/grow. You will have to deal with this for a few weeks and then it goes away.

Things you need for the diet:

1)oxygen
    2)protein
    3)water
    4)alkaline foods
    5)supplements
    6)patience
    7)persistence

Consult a naturopathic doctor for best results and a good strong plan. It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from candida.

Thanks so much. I actually have thought about skipping the cleanse too, but how do I know I can then go on to step 2, the phase where you introduce probiotics and other foods. How long should a detox phase last? I mean, is it till I see signs somehow?or is it 2-3 weeks in general?
    So I understand right, that during detox, you eat more then just the green foods? you add protein too but that’s it? in the recipe folder, it is written about brown rice or amaranth for breakfast suitbale for step 1….

thanks a lot for all your help. I have made an appointment with a naturopathic doctore, but I like to have as much knowledge as possible before I go, so I can ask very specific questions and understand myself what is going on too.
    Nothing worse then ignorance, right?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Alex.

You don’t really need to do the detox for more than one week, having only raw or steamed vegetables, water and lemon water, and occasionally if necessary an organic egg. By the way, you can also have avocados on the detox diet as well as all other stages.

After the detox is complete, concentrate on eating only green vegetables cooked any way, avocados, organic eggs, occasional chicken and fish, and the coconut flour bread if you want to try it. This is all good for stage 1.
    The coconut flour bread can be found in the “Recipe” section of the forum.

A lot of people become constipated during the cleanse as well as during stage 1 of the diet. If you have this problem, during the detox stage use a product by the name of ColonCleanz. You can take three to four capsules a day if you need to. During stage 1 you can add ground flax seed in addition to the ColonCleanz.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My journey’ is closed to new replies.