My intro

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  candidamente 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Rayvynn5374
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

37 year old female with long history of what I believe is Candida living in Washington DC.
    For the most part I am a healthy individual. Knock on wood I do not get sick often as in colds and the such. I weigh 115pounds and stand 5 ft 1 in. Approx 12 years ago I started noticing a skin rash on my face. I honestly believed I had ringworm on my forehead. Made an appointment to see the doctor and it was gone by the time I got into see them, matter of days. Over the years it has come and gone. Each time different than any other time, no rhyme or reason for a flare up that I could ever put a finger on. Oh the rash is unbearable, not only does it look disgusting but it itches, burns, flakes and bleeds. I now know it is in my scalp and ears as well. Here are a list of all my symptoms that I have recently began realizing may be all connected.
    1. Tired all the time ( can sleep for hours if left alone, easily awakened and hard time falling asleep)
    2. Crave chocolate all the time
    3. Moody at times
    4. Dizzy with headaches for no apparent reason
    5. Shaky and nauseated when hungry
    6. Irregular menstrual cycles, skip a few months or have them a week apart
    7. Irregular bowel movements (no schedule to speak of, food doesn’t affect “outcome”)
    8. Low libido
    9. Joints ache (hands, knees and ankles)
    10. After consuming alcohol I wake up next morning swollen to the point of clothes will not fit, rings imbedded into fingers
    11. Sudden severe food allergies (tomatoes, all berries, bananas, coconut)
    12. Frequent chunks of yellowish/white stuff dislodging from throat
    13. Very bad breath
    14. Rash
    I have been to the doctor so many times and tested for all kinds of autoimmune disorders and infections. At one point they put me on Xanax I guess they thought I was crazy, to be honest I feel crazy. Someone who has so much to be thankful for and here I sit complaining something isn’t right, and everyone is like you’re fine nothing wrong. SOMETHING isn’t right!!!!!!
    I would like to find a doctor or someone to help me determine if this is indeed what is going on. I do not know where to turn. The internet is full of so much misleading and/or conflicting information. Are homeopathic doctors the only ones who “deal” or diagnose candida?

Thank you in advance,
    Ray

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Rayvynn5374 wrote:
    1. Tired all the time ( can sleep for hours if left alone, easily awakened and hard time falling asleep)
    2. Crave chocolate all the time
    3. Moody at times
    4. Dizzy with headaches for no apparent reason
    5. Shaky and nauseated when hungry
    6. Irregular menstrual cycles, skip a few months or have them a week apart
    7. Irregular bowel movements (no schedule to speak of, food doesn’t affect “outcome”)
    8. Low libido
    9. Joints ache (hands, knees and ankles)
    10. After consuming alcohol I wake up next morning swollen to the point of clothes will not fit, rings imbedded into fingers
    11. Sudden severe food allergies (tomatoes, all berries, bananas, coconut)
    12. Frequent chunks of yellowish/white stuff dislodging from throat
    13. Very bad breath
    14. Rash

All the above are symptoms of a Candida albicans infestation. If you wish to follow our protocol, read the information posts on the forum.
    Here’s a good way to start.

Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Allowed Foods:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Let us know if you have questions after reading the posts above.
    Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I can sympathise with your frustration with doctors and finding answers by yourself. I think you’ve taken an important step in connecting all your symptoms. The body is a series of interconnected systems that all affect each other, no matter how much doctors like to isolate and drug them. It’s only recently I’ve come to the same conclusion, and it all makes so much sense now. I hope you can find the answers you want here, and I wish you a healthful 2012.

Rayvynn5374

Printed out the allowed foods list already, however i will need to seriously think on the cleanse portion..that will be rough workign like i do. Serious question though, Should I stop running while i am doing the cleanse since there really doesn’t seem to be much “energy” providing nutrition involved? Certainly do not want to harm myself.

candidamente
    Replies: 7

Rayvynn5374 wrote:

Xanax works by slowing down the movement of chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced. This results in a reduction in nervous tension (anxiety).

Drinking alcohol while taking Xanax can increase the effects of alcohol.

Some Side Effects of Xanax:

* unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
    * depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
    * hyperactivity, agitation, hostility, hallucinations;
    * feeling light-headed, fainting;
    * seizure (convulsions);
    * urinating less than usual or not at all;
    * muscle twitching, tremor; or
    * jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).

Less serious side effects may include:

* drowsiness, dizziness, feeling irritable;
    * amnesia or forgetfulness, trouble concentrating;
    * sleep problems (insomnia);
    * muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination, slurred speech;
    * blurred vision;
    * nausea, vomiting, constipation, appetite or weight changes;
    * dry or watery mouth, increased sweating; or
    * loss of interest in sex.

candidamente

Rayvynn5374 wrote: Should I stop running while i am doing the cleanse since there really doesn’t seem to be much “energy” providing nutrition involved? Certainly do not want to harm myself.

Exercising helps removing the toxins that the Candida produces while healing, so I personally would not stop exercising, I still exercise in fact, not as much but I still keep it once/twice a week.

The Detox Option 1 is the best option in my opinion, because Candida works better when our immune system is low, so we need to feed our body with the good foods that help fight the Candida.
    Drink plenty of water and don’t stress too much 🙂

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’d worry about where the energy will come from during the cleanse. If you have plenty of fat stores you might be okay, but otherwise you might end up burning muscle. Your metabolism will also need to adjust to a low-carb diet over the first week or so, so you might be in danger of going hypoglycemic if you do any strenuous exercise. We already had somebody mentioning collapsing on the forum, although he didn’t sound at all like a sensible person.

It might be better to stick to something light, like yoga, during the cleanse and resume short jogs when you can eat some protein or generally feel up to it (I think the cleanse will take it out of you).

Rayvynn5374

I should probably specify that I didn’t take the Xanax at all. Didn’t feel it was needed. I am not real big on meds in the first place.

I will attempt to keep walking during cleansing and resume modified running once I am allowed onto stage 2. Something i haven’t found or come aross yet is how do youo knwo when to change stages?

Thank you all for the advice and pointers! I really appreciate it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Almost all western doctors will not diagnose you with candida but call it something else. They will give you drugs to address the symptoms but never the root cause.

Naturopathic doctors practice holistic medicine where they address the causes of the problem leading to improved permanent health. However the problem is that they occur like colors of the rainbow; finding a good one could prove difficult. The one I go to in town here has clients/customers around the world in countries ranging from brazil to china. I have been lucky finding a good one to say the least!

There are expensive tests you can take to help get a positive diagnosis of candida overgrowth but insurance likely will not cover the tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video, if you want to get as close to a real test there is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2oNJ_Ea8I

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

If you think you have candida; the only way I think you will know whether you have it or not is to do the diet. If you have “die off” symptoms and feel worse once on the diet, this means you have candida in my opinion. I say give the diet a try and very likely you will see improvement.

-Raster

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Excessive exercise is not recommended while doing the diet because your body needs the energy to heal. Excercise could lead to the immune system getting too bogged down leading to ineffective healing.

However if you were to do light exercise such as walking 15-45 minutes, this could prove to be ideal.

I personally got pretty gassed from doing light yardwork and I definitely worked too hard during the earlier part of my recovery.

The number one thing you need to recover is plenty of rest.

-Raster

candidamente

Rayvynn5374 wrote: I should probably specify that I didn’t take the Xanax at all. Didn’t feel it was needed. I am not real big on meds in the first place.

Excellent!
    People should take responsibilities from what they intake and research online as well and actually see what are the side effects of a drug and only take it if strictly necessary (which most time is not the case)

candidamente

raster wrote: However if you were to do light exercise such as walking 15-45 minutes, this could prove to be ideal.

I found that by resting too much I became depressed and my mood slowed down lower and lower. So for my personal experience, light exercise helps boost my mood, I use my exercise bike for 30 minutes and that helps especially having a sedentary job as well. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘My intro’ is closed to new replies.