My Candidia Diet – Questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions My Candidia Diet – Questions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hothook 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rpepp
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi I definitely have had a Candida injection for years major muscle achs and pains pretty much couldn’t do anything but sit in a chair. All the while doctors telling me it was refereed pain from my back ( I have 3 bulging discs) and giving me pain pills what a joke. I finally came across this site and at a time where I really had lost most of any hope for the future (i’m only 26) I started this diet.

I tried the stage 1 fast cleanse. First half of the day went fine but that night my stomach hurt more then it had ever hurt before I could feel it throbbing in my body which in turn made every muscle throb I got zero sleep and basically wanted to rip the head off of anybody who even said hello to me. The next day my stomach, back, and whole body felt so fucking bad along with being extremely light headed /dizzy. I literally felt like I was going to die and this is coming from someone who has dealt with chronic chronic pain for years. I thought i was going to collapse at lunch time and had to eat some food. I made a casadilla which made me feel a little better. The rest of the day I ate a couple salads and the next morning some of my muscles that have been locked up for years actually half way released. Thinking that it was this diet I only ate veggies the next day and even feeling better. So it’s obviously a candida infection. Now my whole life I have had an extremely fast metabolism and very athletic even before I had problems, eating all the time and never gaining weight.

The past couple days I have cooked eggs veggie scramble in morning and buffalo meatloaf and coconut spinach chicken at night just because I have been feeling so damn horrible and just having veggies gives me incredible stomach pains from being hungry along with no energy / feeling like i am going to pass out. My body aches have not been coming back but I feel like I have a gnarly flu since i started this about a week ago, today having the most flu like symptoms (cough, stuffy nose, headache, etc).
    Is this normal for someone battling candida?
    Should I just say F**k it and just try and go back to the detox fast?
    Or is eating some lean meat and eggs along with the normal good veggies diet suffice? Besides feeling like I have the flu and sometimes at night getting the normal backed up colon pain I have been dealing with for almost a year. I feel way better in sense of mood and no stomach cramping/pain when I added other “good” candida foods other than the veggies i have been eating.
    I also ordered a candida cleanse by natures sunshine should I just do this with my current diet or really try and force myself to do a detox week first?
    My bowel movements are anything but normal and when I did the 1 day fast I felt extremely constipated and just a little black poo came out the whole next day when I added vegetables and meat it is much better but far from normal.
    Ive quit drinking, smoking pot, and taking pain pills a good month or so before starting this diet but have been having trouble kicking smoking cigarettes. I know these are horrible for this condition and have cut back major but you think these are playing a role of feeling so sick? Usually when I get the flu or get sick in the past it is pretty much totally cleared in a week if not feeling way better now it’s almost been a week and am feeling worse.

Anyway thanks for any responses and this site has basically saved my life and now I have hope for the future once again.

hothook
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

Hi, like you I didn’t get on too well with the fasting. It left me feeling worse and with even less energy than I had before, so I started doing lots of reading and research into other peoples experiences and other professionals points of view. There seems to be a controversy as to how much good detoxing so drastically does for you. Some professionals say that you’re left feeling worse because of the body suddenly being deprived of what it’s used to and also the psychological effect it can have.
    So, for me, I’ve just tried to be sensible, like you having meat or tofu and vegetables. I’ve also got a bit of a sweet tooth so have bought some stevia and xylitol and am experimenting with them.
    I’ve also got a regime of supplements with psyllium (make sure you take the maximum dose of this if you’ve problems with constipation, it’s worked wonders for me)my probiotic, milk thistle, magnesium and I’ve just started taking a product called candida clear which has lots of the anti fungals in it. On top of that I take echinacea (which I recommend if you have flu like symptoms as it boosts the immune system) and also supergreens powder which is spirulina, chlorella and barley grass. I think this is a great product but I really wish I’d bought it in capsule form as it tastes vile!
    If you’ve a lot of stomach pain then maybe you should consider a colonic!!! I intend to go for one at the end of the month as I can’t afford it til then.
    Hope this helps and hope you start to feel a bit better soon. x

rpepp
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah when I tried the fast I felt 4x worse then before so I’ve been just eating foods on the list. My body is going through some drastic shit right now. Most of my stomach pain has dissipated but I feel sick as a dog. All day yesterday I was extremely cold trying to keep my intake down (just ate a salad and a veggie egg scramble) then last night I made some salmon and quinoae which made me feel pretty good and had a stool movement after that. However afterwards I started to feel very hot and all last night was burning up. Also some of the pain i used to havae came back. Since I started this diet I can get very little sleep awaking just about every 30 minutes to an hour all night long tossing and turning (I have ambien but don’t want it to screw up my whole diet thing so haven’t tried it). I don’t know if I’m sick because I haven’t got any damn sleep or if it’s this infection. Almost feels as though i’m getting worse (waking up each morning feeling more sick). I”m sticking too it though and bought some candida pills with natural candida killers in it. I drink 4oz of wheatgrass everyday, take psylium husks all day have a green superfood powder with grasses + algae everyday, drink bendonite clay, and take 1 billion organism probiotic capsules twice a day. I hope this is all part of the process to get better I really would rather not do a colonic. I’ve already spent damn near all my money on doctors and MRI”s and shit (not being able to work and no insurance will cover me) that did absolutely nothing for me don’t want another expensive thing that “may” or “may” not help.

hothook
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 8

Hi again, you’re doing everything right as far as eating and supplements. I wonder if you’re feeling how you are because you’re actually having die off symptoms. If I were you I would take a maximum dose of echinacea to boost up your immune system, keep taking the liver flush drink every night and also milk thistle for further liver support. I took milk thistle anyway before I even considered that candida was my problem because they are supposed to have good anti ageing properties!! They really won’t do you any harm.
    Don’t know about you but my list of supplements seems to get longer all the time. I take 9 different things every day!! And after having said that make sure you’re getting enough magnesium, it’s vital for enzyme function and you really want your digestive enzymes to do their job as best they can at the moment.
    My herbal “bible” and what I always use for reference at work is a book called the green pharmacy by dr james a duke. His main recommendation is echinacea and I quote “It works by stimulating the white blood cells to gobble up yeast organisms, a process known as phagocytosis”. He also said that in a test in Germany women taking only antifungals 60% suffered recurrences but those given antifungals and echinacea that figure went down to 10%. It’s a great medicine but buy it in tincture form not as a pill as it keeps its strength better when preserved that way. It is a tiny amount of alcohol but the benefits will far outweigh any harm the alcohol may do.
    And I would take your ambien as well if you need it. Your immune system will only be weakened further by a lack of sleep.
    I don’t suppose colonics are for everyone. I just want to do it because I believe its the candida which has stopped me from losing weight for so long and I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been so the thought of losing 7 – 10 lbs in an hour is very tempting and to hell with the embarrassment!!
    Take care and I hope you can get some sleep and start to feel a bit better soon. xx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My Candidia Diet – Questions’ is closed to new replies.