MTHFR Results Not Too Good

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions MTHFR Results Not Too Good

This topic contains 74 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author

blueocean
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 17

Hello all. I’ve been reading for some time. I recently got my methylation reports and I wanted to share them here. I haven’t started supplementation yet & was hoping Impossible could take a look before I take supplements I shouldn’t be taking. Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

That looks pretty good to me…most of it is green just a few things are red.

-raster

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

raster;52513 wrote: That looks pretty good to me…most of it is green just a few things are red.

-raster

lol. thats good

Give me some time.

blueocean

raster;52513 wrote: That looks pretty good to me…most of it is green just a few things are red.

-raster

lol thank you for the positivity but those yellow ones on the MTHFR are not good.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Looks better than mine, haha. I actually don’t think you’re that bad since you don’t have any COMT mutations, but impossible will let you know.

impossible

Im having difficulty finding a specific answer to a question i have on 2 of your mthfr mut’s, but here it goes…

You only have one 1 first priority mutation, the cbs c699t. If you are not aware of the routine, you should a employ a low sulfur diet. Molybdenum and yucca root help deal with the effects of this upregulation. Read up on heartfixer for further info if you need to. Treating this first is important because as you start creating more homocysteine more is going to be available to drain down the transsulfuration pathway and the effects of the mutation are going to get worse. Those 3 AHCY mutations do help that though. The other way you should address this is to add in some tmg (betaine) when you start supplementing the b’s.

Although you struck out with the mthfr mut’s, you lucked out in that you should tolerate more methyl groups very well. You shouldnt overmethylate very easily is what I mean. You definately need some methylfolate. The 03 p39p mutation is supposed to be a bad one, worse than the c677t from what ive read. I was trying to find out what the loss of function with both of those is, and if functional loss only took on the characteristic of the worst gene if they are both located on the same strand (which you wouldnt know with a 23andme test, they dont report that information) to get an idea how severe your mutations are. Nonetheless, you need methylfolate. Some mb12 is always a good thing to take with methylfolate, you might get enough in an oral multi supplement, but it might benefit you to use some sublingually. Your final doseage should windup around 100-200 mcg a day of mb12 if used that way, 1000-2000mcg if taken orally(which is not as dependable). Methylfolate (use quatrafolic or metafolin) doseage should wind up between 200-800 mcg a day, and I also recommend a couple hundred mg’s of tmg and maybe 20 mg’s of b2 as r5p.

As for the maoa snp, there isnt a whole lot you can do about that but avoid things like 5-htp, st johns wort, ssri’s and maybe foods high in tryptophan if it is problematic, as you are likely not breaking down serotonin as quickly as most.

impossible

As always, get your gut healed and inflammation and food reactions under control before starting a protocol, start small and slowly work your way up, and do it with your doctor or chosen health care professional.

impossible

ThomasJoel2;52519 wrote: Looks better than mine, haha. I actually don’t think you’re that bad since you don’t have any COMT mutations, but impossible will let you know.

Thats actually the person with the largest need of methyl support we’ve seen yet.

blueocean

Thank you very much Impossible. It’s so great that you take time to help us out like that. Really appreciated.

I’ll go into a bit more detail about myself. I’m 36 yr old male. I’m actually fairly healthy or so it seems if you looked at me as I’m in good shape. I’ve healed myself recently with a higher fat diet. Lots of MCT oil, grass fed butter, coconut oil, low carb paleo diet with moderate protein intake all from grass fed animals & lots of vegetables. Before that I was in pretty bad shape with severe constipation, really bad anxiety and social anxiety, irritability, insomnia, failing adrenals and low energy.

I had some of the worst adrenal fatigue my doctor has ever seen. It’s improved but I literally had zero cortisol in the mornings. This happened after moving into my grandparents old house and remodeling it, painting, changing carpet, moldy bathrooms….. My body shut down during that time. Also had mercury fillings as a child which I had all of them removed in 2004.

I still get the low energy but not as bad and I get very irritable if I don’t get my sleep and I have trouble falling asleep still and I can’t tolerate any alcohol. One glass of wine will put me out of commission for a day or two. I think my gut issues may be healed, it’s hard to measure that.

Before I learned about this gene mutation, I went to a chinese doctor and they told me I had a congested liver and low glutathione so I went a month with high doses of liposomal glutathione and liposomal vitamin C and did several colonics. I actually felt GREAT after doing this but it’s probably not good because the glutathione is high sulfur, correct?

I’m excited to start the B vitamins, I just want to get it down to a perfect science so thank you impossible for getting me started here.

impossible

Sound like you’ll do good. You’re welcome.

impossible

Fyi, it can be 6 months or more before you see the full benefits.

Some people dont express their cbs upregulation, for others it might not be a problem until they start making homocysteine, it all depends on the individual. If it worked for you and you didnt notice brain fog or anything like that, excellent.

psalm34810
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 15

How might I receive some help with my 23andme results? I have a chart like the one printed above, perused Dr. Yasko’s book and frankly am a bit baffled by the MTHFR stuff. My pattern of 2 years of daily seizure attack episodes and pain/sickness is finally beginning to change with aggressive treatment for stage 3 Candida (ie. severely restricted diet, supps & meds). The the treatment focus began in 2011 with clinical Lyme then biotoxin illness (cyanobacteria & mold). Methylation seems to be the way to go to get well!

blueocean

psalm34810;52542 wrote: How might I receive some help with my 23andme results? I have a chart like the one printed above, perused Dr. Yasko’s book and frankly am a bit baffled by the MTHFR stuff. My pattern of 2 years of daily seizure attack episodes and pain/sickness is finally beginning to change with aggressive treatment for stage 3 Candida (ie. severely restricted diet, supps & meds). The the treatment focus began in 2011 with clinical Lyme then biotoxin illness (cyanobacteria & mold). Methylation seems to be the way to go to get well!

You could start a new thread and post your results there or you can also check out mthfr.net which is where I started reading after I got my results.

blueocean

Just for the heck of it, here are my mother’s results, perhaps we could learn something from hers. Looks like she has B12 issues.

impossible

Your mothers plan would only be a little bit different than yours. She would address the shmt by taking folinic acid as a first priority treatment, then she would take more equal proportions of methylfolate(oral) and mb12(sublingual). Of course these are relative terms and are really nothing more than a suggested starting point. Your mother might benefit from treatment, not everyone with snp’s needs it though. If she does decide to, start her very low and go very slow. What does your family history of disease look like if you dont mind me asking?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘MTHFR Results Not Too Good’ is closed to new replies.