More evidences !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions More evidences !!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hi all,

What I have told about S. Boulardii is showing in more abstracts. It has an strong negative impact against the ability of Candida Albicans of adhering to our cells.

The effect of Saccharomyces boulardii on Candida albicans-infected human intestinal cell lines Caco-2 and Intestin 407.
    Murzyn A, Krasowska A, Augustyniak D, Majkowska-Skrobek G, Łukaszewicz M, Dziadkowiec D.
    Source
    Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wrocław, ul. Przybyszewskiego 63-77, Wrocław, Poland.
    Abstract
    Saccharomyces boulardii is a probiotic strain that confers many benefits to human enterocolopathies and is used against a number of enteric pathogens. Candida albicans is an opportunistic pathogen that causes intestinal infections in immunocompromised patients, and after translocation into the bloodstream, is responsible for serious systemic candidiasis. In this study, we investigated the influence of S. boulardii cells and its culture extract on C. albicans adhesion to Caco-2 and Intestin 407 cell lines. We also tested the proinflammatory IL-1beta, IL-6 and IL-8 cytokine expression by C. albicans-infected Caco-2 cells, using real-time RT-PCR. We found that both S. boulardii and its extract significantly inhibited C. albicans adhesion to epithelial cell lines. The IL-8 gene expression by C. albicans-infected Caco-2 cells was suppressed by the addition of S. boulardii extract. Our results indicate that S. boulardii affects C. albicans adhesion and reduces cytokine-mediated inflammatory host response.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I had a dr prescribe this to me and told me it could knock out the bad yeast. I haven’t been using it daily. I think I might have to

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Years ago I was using it and it acted kind of like “expanda-foam” causing discomfort: or at least I thought at the time. The concept was it was antagonistic in competing for GI territory and thus impeding Candida expansion. Which would be aligned with what you are saying, Jorge.

However, I was completely uneducated at the time as all I knew were some photo copies of Dr. Crooks’ The Yeast Connection book the doc had given me: I had only heard of Candida for about three weeks so I knew nothing really. I didn’t know what was doing what only that I was doubling over. In hindsight, my diet was probably more the culprit to the doubling over.

I’m very interested in working Saccharomyces boulardii into my ever evolving treatment routine, which is still very fluid at this juncture. Perhaps, like antifungals, it might be best to gradually build up to avoid the discomfort I experienced. Kind of like building up the daily coconut oil to avoid gnarly die off, etc….blah blah blah…

As always, thanks Jorge for all your contributions but, even deeper in meaning is your concern to help stop people from suffering. You are a special soul, thank you for all you do.

Blessings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘More evidences !!!’ is closed to new replies.