Molybednum – next best thing?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Molybednum – next best thing?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Chilli
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 28

Yikes I hope I have spelt that right! Sure you all know what i mean ๐Ÿ™‚

Um, so i have done the vege only cleanse for 2 weeks, with lemon water. Over the last 10 days I have reintroduced organic eggs and chicken, and the last couple of days organic acidopholis yoghurt.

Feeling foggy in the head, tired, dizzy, low blood pressure, and also (SORRY TMI WARNING!) have a nasty case of vaginal thrush. For the 3rd time this year, grrr. These would all be die off symptoms is that right? What about the thrush?

I can’t get molybednum here, I have looked and looked. I am also on an extremely tight budget and getting it shipped is not an option for me.

So what i would like advice on is… what are good alternatives??

I have cut back on my antifungals for now (should I do that?), I have also been taking milk thistle this whole time, oil pulling with coconut oil, taking Vitamin C and 2 days ago I purchased swedish bitters. I bought the alcohol free version, and find the taste nice?! Not that bitter at all. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated!

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I can’t get molybednum either! (well I can’t afford the conversion of US dollars to NZ and get it shipped here ๐Ÿ™ )

I find oil pulling like you are doing seems to help, and having epsom salt baths, and getting plenty of sleep.

One of the pros will be able to help you better I’m sure! ๐Ÿ™‚

ETA I have no idea if thrush can happen as a result of die off, really hope someone can help you with that!!

Chilli

Thank you! will try the baths!

Can anyone else help??

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Any or all of the following herbs can help to a degree.

Lemon grass, milk thistle, pot marigold, Pau d’arco bark herb or Pau d’arco tea.

Chilli

Oh ok thanks. I was under the impression that Pau D’arco was dangerous? Must have read wrong. i saw some tea at the health shop yesterday, will go get some.

I’m already taking milk thistle, so thats good. Do Swedish bitters help with die off?

Able I made a loaf of the coconut bread recipe you posted and had some for breakfast, delicious!

Does anyone know if a vaginal yeast infection is a normal part of die off?? I’m kind of freaking out, I would have thought it would disappear not reoccur!

Chilli

Able, I’m really confused. I just searched Pau d’arco on this forum and all your posts recommend NOT taking it, that is useless for candida and it is a blood thinnner.

Why then, would you reccommend it for me? Does it do a good job at removing the toxins from dying candida like molybednum does?

I’ll give it a miss and try something else or maybe up my milk thistle dosage. I’m just very confused!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Chilli wrote: Able, I’m really confused. I just searched Pau d’arco on this forum and all your posts recommend NOT taking it, that is useless for candida and it is a blood thinnner.
    Why then, would you reccommend it for me? Does it do a good job at removing the toxins from dying candida like molybednum does?
    I’ll give it a miss and try something else or maybe up my milk thistle dosage. I’m just very confused!

Unfortunately, the herb is one of the most excellent supplements for removing the toxins that the Candida expel. Of course there’s a better supplement, Molybdenum, but you asked for the ‘next best thing’ and the herbs I named are the answer. I don’t normally recommend these herbs because most of the time Molybdenum is available for the members; if not in their country, most of them can order it from America. I’ve even known a few members who had friends to bring them products when visiting America. When you’re trying to avoid the die-off toxins, the time period doesnโ€™t usually last for a very time. Once the worst of the symptoms have dissipated, you could drop the pau d’arco and concentrate on the other herbs.
    I don’t advocate using this herb as an antifungal because the antifungals are used for 6 to 12 months, sometimes longer, and that’s just too long to even alternate using pau d’arco with another antifungal.

The reason that pau d’arco should never be used for a long period of time, as you mentioned, is because it’s a strong blood thinner. And the specific reason I’m against using it the way the website instructs is because they tell you to use it along with psyllium. Several months ago, this combination actually sent one member to the emergency room.

Please understand the aldehyde toxins that the Candida release when they die are extremely dangerous to the body, especially the liver, and if strong enough, they’ve been known to cause liver damage. This is why it’s so important to remove them from the body immediately after they’re released. If the pau d’arco helps sufficiently in doing this, then it’s my belief that using it for a matter of weeks is not going to harm anything. Of course, if you’re already taking a prescription blood thinner, you don’t want to take it at all.

I hope I’ve explained this in a satisfactory fashion. But also remember, anything we suggest on the forum, in the end, is your decision as to whether or not to use it, and not ours.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Able

Chilli

Ah ok, thank you, that makes alot of sense now. Hmmm. My die off symptoms have eased a little, so i will hold off the pau d’arco for now but definitely keep it in mind should the die off symptoms return (currently using oregano oil, next switch to grapefruit seed oil I think, and am alos taking coconut oil daily).

I wish i could afford the shipping of molybednum but i just can’t! And have noone that I know of visiting USA anytime soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

If I dont make a mistake and understand right is IHerb.com sending Molybedenum around the world and to not so expensive shipping cost like Amazon.

check it out if I am right.
    http://www.iherb.com/info/shipping/International

yours
    Thomas

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Thank you so much, Thomas! You saved me!

Chloรซ

Chilli

Thank you Thomas. I may look into it, but i am on an extremely tight budget (solo mum with two small boys!). The conversion of american dollars often ends up quite pricey.

I have another question… I found a supplement here called ‘CandAid”
    and it includes caprylic acid, Pau d’Arco, Black walnut, oregano oil extract, magnesium, garlic, olive leaf, cats claw, wormwood and biotin. If I were to take this, I would be taking a good range of antifungals aswell as the pau d’arco to help remove the die off toxins right?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antifungals do not work like molybdenum to eliminate die-off symptoms. Antifungals in large doses typically cause die-off and typically makes it worse.

Another alternative to molybdenum is to sweat out the toxins via the skin, the bodies largest organ. This can completely reduce or eliminate die-off symptoms. If you were to do a hot tub, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, or even hot bath up to 5 days a week, this could really help.

Other types of vitamins you can take that are similar to molybdenum is anti-oxidents in general (or so I hear). I’d do some research to find other ones that you can take.

-raster

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

I wouldn’t worry too much about the vaginal issues, I get tight itchy skin and jock itch and balanitis during die-off at certain points. I assume this is the male equivalent. It started to go away when I got through my last die-off period. I’ve also had oral thrush during die-off, for me it happened when I went too heavy and fast with my anti-fungals.

Chilli

raster wrote: Antifungals do not work like molybdenum to eliminate die-off symptoms. Antifungals in large doses typically cause die-off and typically makes it worse.

I was just wondering if with this particular mixture, because it contains pau d’arco (which Able said can help to remove toxins from die off) that perhaps the die off would be less severe. Although I am guessing probably not if it is such a mixture of antifungals.

I have been taking hot baths with epsom salts but will do so more often (even though it is summer here!) and look into some antioxidants, thanks for the suggestions.

xday2dazex – your post was reassuring, thank you. I kind of thought those symproms would be the first to disappear on this regime, but I guess not. Have slowed down the antifungals for now.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Able900 wrote:
    The reason that pau d’arco should never be used for a long period of time, as you mentioned, is because it’s a strong blood thinner. And the specific reason I’m against using it the way the website instructs is because they tell you to use it along with psyllium. Several months ago, this combination actually sent one member to the emergency room.

Able,

I hope you see this post and can respond. I started taking Candida Clear which contains Pau D’Arco (300mg in two Vcaps which is a suggested single dose and to be taken twice daily). I know you don’t think much of Candida Clear product, but I have it and since I had trouble with die-off I am using it as a starter antifungal.

Now to my question. Last week I reduced vitamin C because I had bruises on my legs which is an indicator to me that my blood is too thin (had it in past) and since vitamin C is a blood thinner I figured that 2000mg is probably to much for me. Two weeks ago I started taking Candida Clear one in the morning and one in the afternoon, then increased it to two am and two in pm last week. For several days already I am feeling so cold I cannot warm up. The bruises did not clear yet and I cannot really tell if I have new ones now. You’ve mentioned someone ended up in emergency room because of Pau D’Arco so I got a little worried about this. Is it possible that high vitamin C (1000mg + food and lemon) combined with 600mg of Pau D’Arco daily are thinning my blood too much? I’ve noticed my blood pressure is a bit lower (109/65).

When I started the treatment I was feeling as I should, I was not cold all the time (besides during die-offs) like I was before starting the treatment. Now I don’t notice much of the die-off, a little light-headiness, perhaps a little brain fog, some milder cramping and muscle weakness, but nothing like I did before. Well, I am taking 450mcg of molybdenum daily which should help with die-off, but wouldn’t it clear the cold feeling caused by it as well? I did notice that this morning I was not as cold, and after popping all my pills (including the Candida Clear Vcaps) I started feeling so cold.

Hope you see this post and have the time to respond!

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Molybednum – next best thing?’ is closed to new replies.