molybdenum And Gout

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions molybdenum And Gout

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Ok,

So I recently got the Molybdenum that was recommended.

I have a history of gout and noticed an Amazon review saying that it triggers gout attacks. Sure enough, after about 2 days of taking I am felt some tingles and minor irritation (like the beginning of a gout attack) in my large toe area (and 2 days after stopping I’m just about fine).

My question is this – does the Molybdenum actually increase the uric acid in your system?

Sometimes a supplement or drug may reduce the uric acid produced in the body which would also bring on a gout attack – if that’s the case then I would be fine with it and will continue taking it slowly. Meaning, if it actually lowers the uric acid or excretes more of my uric acid from the body I’m fine with that.

However, if this will continuously increase my levels of uric acid then there’s no way I can see continuing to take this.

Any thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

High doses of molybdenum taken over a long period of time can cause a decrease in uric acid excretion caused by the molybdenum and sulfur binding to copper in the kidneys. This is one reason that I advise members to drink nettle leaf tea during the treatment in order to protect the cooper in the body. You should also take a break from taking daily doses of molybdenum if it’s needed for a prolonged period.

Anyone who already has a known history of gout should of course avoid taking Molybdenum at all.

Able

jdib
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

Thanks for the quick reply!

Looks like I can’t take it.

Whatdo you think would be the best alternative for someone like me? I see ecklonia cava, ALA, NAC, glutathione, Calendula officinalis, and Milk Thistle listed as alternatives.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jdib;32888 wrote: Whatdo you think would be the best alternative for someone like me? I see ecklonia cava, ALA, NAC, glutathione, Calendula officinalis, and Milk Thistle listed as alternatives.

I should have sent this link in my first post, sorry I didn’t think about it, Jd. This should help you decide on which supplements to use.
    Die-off Without Molybdenum

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘molybdenum And Gout’ is closed to new replies.