Milk????

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jenny86Seidenberg 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nessie
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I have been diagnosed with having candida and am starting the diet. I love porridge and i know i cant have cows milk with it but can i have rice milk, soy milk, goats milk or what can i have. would really apprechiate it if any one knew, i just dont think i could stand porridge with water!. thank you.

debthebee
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 24

Oats are not allowed on stage 1 and 2 of the diet as it contains gluten. It is advised to re-introduce it slowly once you have killed off the Candida, so you would have to go without for at least 7 weeks.

When you do start eating it again perhaps try it with some Almond milk instead of cow’s milk.

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

debthebee wrote: Oats are not allowed on stage 1 and 2 of the diet as it contains gluten. It is advised to re-introduce it slowly once you have killed off the Candida, so you would have to go without for at least 7 weeks.

You can get gluten free oats, I haven’t tried them yet but you could maybe see how you get on with them.
    I recommend hazlenut & almond rice milk, it’s delicious!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Even with gluten-free oats, lots of diets recommend laying off the oats because they’re so “sticky” (for lack of a better term) in the gut, creating beneficial environments for yeast overgrowth. I have *no idea* how this differs from brown rice and other cooked grains, which it seems can also be very sticky. I just know that a friend of mine is following a diet under the supervision of a healthcare professional, and all oats are completely out for the first stage.

Right now I’m making a brown rice pudding for tomorrow morning’s breakfast – and I’ll probably munch on a little before bed, too. Cook the brown rice completely. Add in plain, canned coconut milk (if your diet allows it) and stir. Then beat 1-2 eggs well in a separate bowl and then whisk them into the hot rice mixture, making sure to completely incorporate them quickly to keep them from cooking in clumps. Heat the rice mixture to a low boil/bubble for 3-5 minutes to cook the egg through. Remove from heat. Add alcohol-free vanilla, stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg to taste. And maybe a dash of salt to make the flavor a little fuller.

I hope that helps a bit until the oats can get added back in!

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

Thanks for the info on the oats Hope, I’ll leave off trying them for a while longer.

Jenny86Seidenberg
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

nessie wrote: I have been diagnosed with having candida and am starting the diet. I love porridge and i know i cant have cows milk with it but can i have rice milk, soy milk, goats milk or what can i have. would really apprechiate it if any one knew, i just dont think i could stand porridge with water!. thank you.

You can have raw unpasteurized milk as well as pasteurized milk from grass-fed cows. That won’t be a problem for someone with Candida overgrowth. Soy milk is not advisable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Milk????’ is closed to new replies.