Migraine caused by Kefir

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Migraine caused by Kefir

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone might give me their thoughts on something.

Though I continue to see improvement in my candida symptoms (all I have left is some visual stuff and some oral thrush), over the last six weeks my chronic migraines returned and became increasingly worse. At first I was really confused because I didn’t see any increase in any other of my symptoms which, in fact, continued to improve.

In the last week, however, I found the cause for them: water kefir. Or at least the kefir, if it’s not the root problem, is triggering them.

I should mention that since early June I’ve typically drank about 4L of the stuff per day (and seen lots of improvement). However, now when I drink it I shortly thereafter acquire a migraine. If I don’t drink any, by the end of the day the migraine is gone or significantly diminished.

I haven’t yet been tried to see if milk kefir, kombucha or sauerkraut likewise affect it, but I want to over the next couple days. I do think that foods high in prebiotics (ie. oat bran) may also make the migraine worse.

My assumption is that I’ve drank too much kefir and I’ve caused an overgrowth of some bacteria or yeast other than candida which is causing gut inflammation and, in turn, the migraine.

Or could it be an allergy (I’ve never had any kind of allergy before…)?

What are your thoughts on what is happening here?

Do you think I should stop drinking it altogerther? I’m worried that if I do, my yeast problem will return. But at the same time, the migraine is brutal.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the water kefir will contains sugar and I think that this is likely what you are reacting to. If you were to make regular kefir from goats milk you likely won’t get headaches.

And you likely have leaky gut still (fyi)…if you reduce the inflammation (I’ve gone over how to do this over and over) and healed it with prebiotics/probiotics…the reactions should improve.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

approximately_me;50580 wrote: Hi all, I was wondering if anyone might give me their thoughts on something.

Though I continue to see improvement in my candida symptoms (all I have left is some visual stuff and some oral thrush), over the last six weeks my chronic migraines returned and became increasingly worse. At first I was really confused because I didn’t see any increase in any other of my symptoms which, in fact, continued to improve.

In the last week, however, I found the cause for them: water kefir. Or at least the kefir, if it’s not the root problem, is triggering them.

I should mention that since early June I’ve typically drank about 4L of the stuff per day (and seen lots of improvement). However, now when I drink it I shortly thereafter acquire a migraine. If I don’t drink any, by the end of the day the migraine is gone or significantly diminished.

I haven’t yet been tried to see if milk kefir, kombucha or sauerkraut likewise affect it, but I want to over the next couple days. I do think that foods high in prebiotics (ie. oat bran) may also make the migraine worse.

My assumption is that I’ve drank too much kefir and I’ve caused an overgrowth of some bacteria or yeast other than candida which is causing gut inflammation and, in turn, the migraine.

Or could it be an allergy (I’ve never had any kind of allergy before…)?

What are your thoughts on what is happening here?

Do you think I should stop drinking it altogerther? I’m worried that if I do, my yeast problem will return. But at the same time, the migraine is brutal.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

If anything is giving you migraines you should probably stop consuming it.
    Water Kefir is not needed to cure yourself. There are dozens of ferments to try out. My favorites are Milk Kefir, Sauerkraut and Kombucha. I will also do Kim Chi soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Migraine caused by Kefir’ is closed to new replies.