Metallic Taste and Heavy Metals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Metallic Taste and Heavy Metals?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sparky123 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Sparky123
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

Is there a link between having a strong metallic taste in the mouth and having a heavy metal overload?

My naturopath has recently had me do a Heavy Metals test due to the fact I have a strong metallic taste after taking oregano oil, aswell as extreme fatigue, severe gut problems, etc.

Any thoughts are much appreciated

Sparky123
    Participant

Anyone?

pietmark
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

Sounds quite familiar to me. I had got metallic taste in my mouth when I started to take colloidal silver. Stopped taking it in immediately, and the taste gradually became normal. I don’t remember exactly how long it took to completely get rid of it. Maybe a couple of weeks. Some months later I got my blood analyzed, and they found higher iron level, which after a couple of extra tests returned back to normal. So most likely there is indeed a link with the iron level in your blood.

Sparky123
    Participant

Thanks Pietmark.

Yeh I did a Heavy Metals Test recently, just awaiting the results, so we’ll see what comes of that.

It seems there is a strong link between Heavy Metal Toxicity and Candida, and due to my severe fatigue and gut dysbiosis, I think I may be onto something.

pietmark
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

Most likely it’s related, but is not a direct consequence, since Candida itself inherently cannot produce heavy metals. Looks like gut disorder may lead to changes in heavy metals absorption levels from the food that the body consumes.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Do you have any amalgam fillings? Eat a high fish diet?

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Amalgam fillings have no effect on the amount of mercury in the body.

Eating lots of fish, in contrast, does have a noticeable effect. So does living in a highly polluted area, but in practice this doesn’t occur in the western world for the last five decades or so.

Rabelais

Sparky123
    Participant

I don’t have any fillings, or eat a lot of seafood, so will be interesting to see the test results.

Sparky123
    Participant

For anyone who’s interested – I got my results back (Urine Test through Genova Labs in the UK). They show a massive amount of Arsenic, as well as elevated levels of Mercury and a few others.

So I guess that would explain the metallic taste!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Metallic Taste and Heavy Metals?’ is closed to new replies.