McCombs candida plan or Lufenuron

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions McCombs candida plan or Lufenuron

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #116242

    malkmus
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

    Anyone here have any experience with either of these two approaches to curing candida?

    Jeffrey McCombs is a DC who has some 20 years research into candida. His approach aims to revert candida back to it’s non harmful form in the body, while rebalancing the immune system and gut flora, as well as detoxing.

    Interview explaining his approach and research: Interview

    The other option I see is Lufenuron which is a chitin synthesis inhibitor with inhibits the shell that candida uses to protect itself from the immune system. There are two main products out there, one called ‘candida cell wall suppressor’ and then straight pharmaceutical grade Lufenuron which can be bought from a website called “owndoc.com”

    I am not advocating either of these approaches, but have simply joined to see if anyone here has experience with either of them, good or bad? From what I know, candida cannot be permanently cured through diet alone, only suppressed, which is not a complete longterm solution.

    #116243

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I don’t recommend the mcoombs plan because it is a 2 year plan and its quite expensive. His diet also isn’t very strict and contains a lot of fruits, beef, etc. which benefit the yeast. Additionally you could have something similar to yeast overgrowth so treating yourself with a specific plan is not a one size fits all type of plan. For instance, your thyroid, liver, adrenals, pancreas, etc. might need specific attention and treatment which is not in the mcoombs plan.

    If you were to buy the supplements in his plan somewhere else, and get a comparable product, you’ll save a boatload of money. For instance, (undecenoic acid) is in his plan but is more than the thorne SF722 stuff. His digestive enzymes are more expensive than comparable enzymes. His detox supplement can be purchased via individual ingredients also.

    I recommend consulting a naturopath as an alternative, you might not even have yeast overgrowth and could have something similar that has similar symptoms. Some naturopath’s have 20-30 years experience as well but their knowledge goes beyond candida.

    -raster

    #116244

    malkmus
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

    raster;54764 wrote: I don’t recommend the mcoombs plan because it is a 2 year plan and its quite expensive. His diet also isn’t very strict and contains a lot of fruits, beef, etc. which benefit the yeast. Additionally you could have something similar to yeast overgrowth so treating yourself with a specific plan is not a one size fits all type of plan. For instance, your thyroid, liver, adrenals, pancreas, etc. might need specific attention and treatment which is not in the mcoombs plan.

    If you were to buy the supplements in his plan somewhere else, and get a comparable product, you’ll save a boatload of money. For instance, (undecenoic acid) is in his plan but is more than the thorne SF722 stuff. His digestive enzymes are more expensive than comparable enzymes. His detox supplement can be purchased via individual ingredients also.

    I recommend consulting a naturopath as an alternative, you might not even have yeast overgrowth and could have something similar that has similar symptoms. Some naturopath’s have 20-30 years experience as well but their knowledge goes beyond candida.

    -raster

    Hi Raster,

    Did you try his plan? Did it not work for you? His plan doesn’t seem cost prohibitive to me if it works. He seems to know more about this issue than anyone else out there that I’ve seen, judging by the information he presents that I have not seen anywhere else.

    #116249

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Mcoombs is only out to make money and peddle his products and business. The fact that it is a 2 year plan should make you pause and be concerned because thats maybe $2000 worth the supplements from him. I’d go and spend that $2000 on better stuff personally. He also is a chiropractor.

    He makes a lot of fear based statements too and is a good marketer.

    The crux of his plan is taking SF722 undecenoic acid that he renames into another product. This product by itself causes candida to go to its non-pathogenic form.

    He also doesn’t know more than anyone else out there but pretends to. He likes to mention a lot of facts and statistics but doesn’t explain very much about his plan.

    His plan doesn’t address underlying causes of yeast overgrowth…

    I didn’t do his plan and went to a naturopath. So far I have healed my adrenals, brain, thyroid, liver, intestines, etc.

    -raster

    #116252

    malkmus
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

    I talked to them and they said the plan is 16 weeks, with ongoing maintenance as needed. I am not sure where you are seeing that it is a two year plan.

    They offer the main 16 week plan for $584 and the maintenance phase is as needed is $70/mo. I also price checked competing supplements and they are not any cheaper. The thorne sf722 is sold for $32.00, McCombs product is $30? Not sure where you are getting your info from but.

    What are the underlying causes his plan does not address?

    I am just trying to ge the best info, if you have better information please share.

    #116257

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Underlying causes include other flora that have overgrown such as h.pylori, sibo (bacteria in small intestine), parasites, microbes and other examples of underlying causes include mercury toxicity, damaged liver, damaged thyroid, damaged adrenals, slow digestion, not chewing food enough, lack of detoxicification, sludge in galbladder, deficiencies in stomach acid, etc.

    So instead of candida force you can get SF722 which is a better version of it.

    Detox essentials…it would be best to get each product seperately. Get vitamin C with bioflavanoids (together in one product), get red clover (antifungal), and echinacea seperately. You’ll likely need more than just this one product to detox. Buying everything seperate is always better.

    Flora prime is your probiotics. I would compare his product to HMF neuro which is the only human derived probiotic on the market, renew life probiotic, garden of life probiotic, megaflora, etc. His probiotic is likely much cheaper which doesn’t mean better.

    I’d ask them what is the success rate of their plan and how often people have complications from their plan or another undiagnosed condition. What happens if it doesn’t work? You wasted 4 months and $584.

    His plan may treat candida, but does it treat you and your health problems? Everyone is focused on candida candida candida!!! but its much more than that typically.

    You can do his plan without his products and just borrow his information. For instance, do the sauna a bunch on your own…

    -raster

    #116258

    mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

    Raster is right. The McCombs plan isn’t all that. Eating the fruit he says is ok kept me in perpetual die-off and likely hurt my liver in the short term. The diet recommended on here is far better. I wasted a lot of time in the beginning trying to eat fruit. And I don’t believe I ever had blood sugar issues. I spent a lot of time reading other folks’ opinions on fruit. 90% said NO. I followed the 10 who said it didn’t bother them. it’s not likely they had candida if they could eat fruit.

    -MGL

    #116262

    malkmus
    Member
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

    mygutleaks;54779 wrote: Raster is right. The McCombs plan isn’t all that. Eating the fruit he says is ok kept me in perpetual die-off and likely hurt my liver in the short term. The diet recommended on here is far better. I wasted a lot of time in the beginning trying to eat fruit. And I don’t believe I ever had blood sugar issues. I spent a lot of time reading other folks’ opinions on fruit. 90% said NO. I followed the 10 who said it didn’t bother them. it’s not likely they had candida if they could eat fruit.

    -MGL

    Are you saying you did the full program with the supplements or just the diet?

    #116263

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    No one here has done his program as far as I know, but you can learn all about his program without doing it. We’ve been at this a few years now; I’ve personally been on this forum for almost 3 years now so we are quite familiar with the supplements he lists. What is most effective is tailor the supplements to your own personal needs and problems because candida is not a one size fits all illness to correct and treat.

    For instance, if you are still constipated after starting the mcoombs plan or are losing too many minerals by doing the sauna, then it might be difficult to get better with just his core supplements or plan, and will need to make adjustments.

    He tells you what is in his plan without starting it so we have it pretty figured out.

    One problem with his plan is the food items he promotes as being healthy and ok…when in fact for some people they can make the yeast worst/stronger. Examples include fruit and beef. Beef takes 1-2 days to digest and promotes constipation. When you are constipated then the yeast has a bunch of junk in the body to live on. Additionally, beef consumption causes more methane/ammonia production when compared to other meats which also promotes the yeast. Mcoombs feels that its fine and that you can eat it 7 days per week multiple times per day. I personally think he does this to get people suckered into his plan long term.

    I encourage you to try out his diet minus his supplements and see whether you feel better or worse. If you were to go to curezone, you’ll see a lot of people write testimonies about his plan and how it didn’t help them. I think he possibly has a 1/3 success rate or 1/2 which is not enough…I’m just guessing. He has become a very rich man off his plan but it has conflicting theories and ideas when compared to other candida plans. Every one will be different mostly in some way, this is because its very hard to get better and its quite a struggle. Yeast is very resilient and resistant and adaptive.

    -raster

    #116289

    mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

    I did the plan with SF722, and also took Nystatin. It likely would have worked had I not eaten the fruit. That’s the problem with his plan. If he took out fruit, and potatoes early on, I think it would be a great plan. But then everyone would look elsewhere for a cure, because it seems too strict. The key early on is to be strict.

    #116290

    mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

    Also I think the Lufenuron is a bad idea. It likely kills fungus, but even the lady who sells it says the fungus will come back. That is true – unless you change the gut biome through proper eating over a long period of time, candida won’t go away. Fermented foods are what’s important here. Not so much killing the candida imo.

    #116292

    Vegan Catlady
    Member
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

    raster;54778 wrote: Underlying causes include other flora that have overgrown such as h.pylori, sibo (bacteria in small intestine), parasites, microbes and other examples of underlying causes include mercury toxicity, damaged liver, damaged thyroid, damaged adrenals, slow digestion, not chewing food enough, lack of detoxicification, sludge in galbladder, deficiencies in stomach acid, etc.

    So instead of candida force you can get SF722 which is a better version of it.

    Detox essentials…it would be best to get each product seperately. Get vitamin C with bioflavanoids (together in one product), get red clover (antifungal), and echinacea seperately. You’ll likely need more than just this one product to detox. Buying everything seperate is always better.

    -raster

    Does anyone have links to red clover being an antifungal?

    I use alot of it for blood cleansing/detox but I dont use it for antifungal purposes.
    If its an actual antifungal, I can limit my other antifungals and keep it simple.

    I cant find any studies on red clover 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘McCombs candida plan or Lufenuron’ is closed to new replies.