Maltodextrin, How Bad?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Maltodextrin, How Bad?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jay253 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

landfillheart
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

I was just glancing at my probiotic bottle when I noticed an alarming ingredient “maltodextrin” which I have come to realize is a polysaccharide or in other words sugar. I’m sure the amount of it in my probiotics is fairly limited but I would like to know if anyone has any idea how far back this has set me. I would also like to hear anyone’s knowledge about undigestable complex sugars such as cellulose, can the candida still feed on these?

Thanks.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

landfillheart wrote: I was just glancing at my probiotic bottle when I noticed an alarming ingredient “maltodextrin” which I have come to realize is a polysaccharide or in other words sugar. I’m sure the amount of it in my probiotics is fairly limited but I would like to know if anyone has any idea how far back this has set me. I would also like to hear anyone’s knowledge about undigestable complex sugars such as cellulose, can the candida still feed on these?

Thanks.

Maltodextrin from Barley Malt is the best growing factor for Candida Albicans. It growths faster with it than with white sugar.

landfillheart

Well that sucks, I will cease that particular brand of probiotic immediately. Just goes to show I need to check my labels more carefully.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Try to ensure all your supplements avoid: Dextrin, maltodextrin, Hemicellulase, Cellulase, Amylase, Soy, Wheat, Gluten

I’m happy to share my supplement brands if you are having trouble (available in both US and UK)

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sammcl wrote: Try to ensure all your supplements avoid: Dextrin, maltodextrin, Hemicellulase, Cellulase, Amylase, Soy, Wheat, Gluten

I’m happy to share my supplement brands if you are having trouble (available in both US and UK)

yeah fire away sammcl. I’ve had to stop taking some from myprotein as they & a lot of high street brands contain maltodextrin.

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Solgar

Molybdenum
    Vitamin E 200 IU
    Biotin 1000 mcg

Others

Milk Thistle: Bio-health
    Vitamin D3: Jarrow Formulas
    Ashwagandha extract: Vitamin Shoppe
    Vitamin A 1000 iu: Country Life*
    Cal/Mag/Zinc: Vitamin Shoppe
    L Glutamine: Quest Support
    Vitamin C: Vitamin Shoppe
    Megaflora Optimal Potency: MegaFood
    Grapefruit seed extract: Higher Nature
    SF722: Thorne Research
    Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion**
    Miracle Fiber: Vitamin Shoppe

*This brand contains the tinyist spec of soy, but it’s benefits outweigh the small speckle of soy. I’d personally go for another brand net time like Solgar for vitamin a.

**Using this probiotic until my MegaFood product arrives, once arrives will switch

Happy to post links etc, some of these products I purchase and have shipped – properly should of said that when I ment available in US and UK.

Personally I advise UK people to avoid Holland and Barrett and use the following shops, they are really good when emailing for advise.

NutriCentre: http://www.nutricentre.com/
    Vitamins UK: http://www.vitaminsuk.com/index.php?main_page=main

landfillheart

Thanks for the help:).
    Just one question, what’s wrong with cellulase? It’s in the product candidase which I have a bottle of.

Try to ensure all your supplements avoid: Dextrin, maltodextrin, Hemicellulase, Cellulase, Amylase, Soy, Wheat, Gluten

cmoore
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 24

I think its important to understand the inclusion of Soy into this has to do with what happens when soy is processed into tofu, which involves fermentation and also some may include small amounts of sugar as well. Both the fermentation and any added sugar would be food for candida. But does natural unsweetened soy milk (as an example) cause a problem. A cup of coffee with soy and some stevia ….. Id say no.

nz4ever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 26

I take zinc from solgar as a suplement and says it has cellulase in it. You suggest i should stop it? But if i do so, i would have to quit supplements altogether because solgar is the best brand sold in stores here. I certainly won’t be able to find a supplement without cellulase and everything else.

Also for some time before i knew that maltodextrin is bad, i was taking a supplement that had it. Did it make me go so behind that i would better start from the cleanse again?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

nz4ever wrote: I take zinc from solgar as a suplement and says it has cellulase in it.

Are you sure it’s “cellulase” and not “cellulose”?

It’s difficult to find non-cellulose capsules considering how many supplements one takes during a Candida treatment. There are plenty of worse things you could do to jeopardize the treatment.

Able

landfillheart

Candidase has cellulase as one of its active ingredients. I can’t imagine a product designed to treat candida would contain something detrimental towards a cure for it but companies will market anything. It seems to be really hit and miss with candidase from what I’ve read. It is an enzyme and can break down cellulose into glucose which would feed the candida I suppose, and as for its claims of breaking down the cell wall of candida, I’m not really sure. I’ll do more research before taking it, just wish I hadn’t payed thirty bucks for the bottle already:P.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cellulase does exactly as you described, so does Candidase. Neither of these products are worth the price of the ink it took to print the label. Of course, if my dear friend Jorge sees this, he’ll disagree, but it’s simple science; cellulase breaks down certain vegetable fibers into glucose; Candida loves glucose.
    If anyone wants enzymes, they should take Swedish digestive bitters and leave the making of enzymes to your body. You can trust that when it comes to enzymes, the body knows more about what is needed than we do, and the bitters will stimulate the vagus nerves so that the enzymes can be produced naturally as they are needed.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Landfillheart I would finish the bottle and get a new brand of probiotic when you are done; the amount within the probiotic is very small and won’t set you back very much.

-raster

nz4ever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 26

Able900 wrote:
    Are you sure it’s “cellulase” and not “cellulose”?

It’s difficult to find non-cellulose capsules considering how many supplements one takes during a Candida treatment. There are plenty of worse things you could do to jeopardize the treatment.

Able

The exact thing it contains is microcrystalline cellulose and cellulose gum. So that’s ok?

PrettyInPink23
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Ok. wait…so maltodextrin is a sugar? but is made from barley malt…so is NOT gluten free????
    Ive been eating things with that in it…and as far as i know im allergic to gluten…….
    But i have no insurance so cant go back….i could get a copy from the dr who told me that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Maltodextrin, How Bad?’ is closed to new replies.