Male and got Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Male and got Candida

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  adrianna 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

djdave49
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi,

I live in the UK. I’ve had recurring male penile thrush for 12- 14 months. All blood tests confirmed not STI although NHS just keep giving me creams and Flucanazole in one 150gm tablet.

I had a very high dose of Amoxicilin in Aug 2014 pre, during and post dental implant surgery. Around 12 tablets over 4 days to mitigate any gum infection.

I have high daily intake of sugar through sweets, confectionary, potato crisps. Peanuts and ready meals. I have also increased my intake of spirits/ alcohol over the last year which I normally have Pepsi max as the mixer.

All of the above has got progressively worse/higher volumes in last year.

I love going to the gym 3-4 times a week.

Towards end of 2015 was undertaking research and found the Candida Diet.

Around Early December I started to lose interest in going to the gym.
    I started to follow The Candida Diet with probiotics, supplements etc but had awful feelings since. Palpitations, short term memory, dizziness, poor focus at work when I could really do without this at a time of change & restructure at my work and when jobs are on he line, knee and other joint pain. Normally I am very focussed and driven.

I lost my appetite initially but got this back within a few days.
    I usually feel better by evening but in the daytime I know I am just not myself and I think people around me notice it too.

I went to my Doctor who said it is very rare for males to get recurring thrush and almost laughed when I told her about the Candida diet. The NHS in UK don’t recognise it as an issue.

So 3-4 weeks in on the Candida diet and I am back on a longer course of Flucanazole. My GP has ordered blood tests to see if anything viral causing the feelings as she thinks it could be anxiety because a) I’ve had Thrush for so long and b) my work re structure – i’ve had many work restructures before and none have bothered me this way before so why would this be any different? I am quite resilient.

There’s really no where else to turn to but this forum.

Any thoughts, advice or even re assurance on when I will start to see any changes in the Thrush? Am I being too optimistic that after 3 weeks on the Candida Diet it would have gone?

Thanks in advance,

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes you are being too optimistic about the results of the antifungal drugs because they have about 40% success rate. Most people need to take them long term for positive results. I’ve personally been battling this for about 5 years myself.

What I would tell them is you might have CRC (Candida related complex) which is an official medical term of this syndrome. There are a number of places online that have links to CRC and about it.

What I would tell them is you are concerned you are allergic to yeast (candida) and would like to determine whether or not you are allergic to yeast. This involves a test called the candida complex test which examines whether you have candida antibodies in blood stream. An allergy clinic might be the best place to look into this. Also mention you have food sensitivities and digestive problems.

Doing a few searches, came up with these websites:
    http://nutritionandvitality.co.uk/candida-tests-2/
    http://www.botanicamedica.co.uk/Candida_and_Chronic_Fatigue_Syndrome.htm

In general, most people in US have to go to alternative (holistic) doctors for treatment. Some people who get diagnosed take candida hypo-sensitization shots which elevate your bodies immunity to fight yeast. These need to be taken for 6 months or a few years for long term results. There are a variety of different ways to fight yeast, but almost all include the diet for results.

-raster

mariannefadel
    Participant
    Topics: 5

Hey,

Maybe u r using the wrong way to fight it… It is difficult and u need a lot of patience… The problem is that on this site there is a very important phase which is completely missing…

You cant face candida with a weak immuni system…u have to start taking probiotics, vitamins, minerals and specially enzymes a way long before starting the diet…

I would resume this as follow

Step 1
    Reinforce immune system by taking a good multi vitamin supplement with vitamins a, b, e, d, c and minerals like potassium, magnesium…etc
    I was told to start probiotics befor the diet as they also rinforce the immune system…
    Enzymes are very iemportant as they are the only thing that can break the biofilm or matrix of fungus bacteria
    Most efficient enzymes for candida are
    Cellulase
    Protease
    Amylase
    Glucoamylase
    Invertase and serrapeptase
    An independant pill of serrapeptase is cruicial because it is the more important enzyme as it breaks the fibrin of their matrix… an enzyme supplement without these is unefficient…
    Lactoferrin is very effective as well as NAC N acetyl systein which is known to disrupt fungal bacteria by 60%…

Step 2
    Colon cleanse

Step 3
    Diet as mentioned on the program but do not eat quinoa or buckwheat because they contain starch…
    U have to increase the dose of probiotics and enzymes during the diet becausr they cells become weaker and enzymes will be more efficient during this phase…while sticking on vitamins…

Step 4
    It is when u start feeling much better that u have to start with antifungals…

Step 5
    Reeintroduce foods…and you can start dicreasing the dose of enzymes and probiotics…

Stick to each step the longer you can 1 to 2 months for better results…

Phase 1
    Reinforce immune system and start weakening matrix and biofilm…

Phase 2
    Diet & enzymes and vitamins to break the matrix

Pahse 3
    Antifungals to kill fungus …Most of antifungal kill the beneficial bacteria too… So coconut oil and garlic are the best as per my opinion..

Stick on vitamins, liver support, lactorrin, and enzymes throughout all these steps…

A lot of pills are required but it is the only way to fight candida and any type of yeast…

Cheers

mariannefadel
    Participant
    Topics: 5

Oh, and i forgot to tell you that probiotics and ezymes should be taken on an empty stomach…you shouldnt eat for 2h before or after taking them…otherwise they would be unefficient in fighting candida…their job would be limited to digest food if u take them with meals…the best times are when u get up in the morning and before bed at night…

Good luck

SimonWontGiveUp
    Participant
    Replies: 3

My only advise is don’t guess at the problem. I did for many years and it was hell. I to live in the UK and eventually sought the help of a nutritionist who tested my urine for yeast/fungal markers and bacterial markers. Guess what my results were off the chart. No surprise given my diet. Here is the lab that can recommend a nutritionist http://www.biolab.co.uk/. You wont look back.

raster
    Participant

I wanted to chime in and say that buckwheat is fine for the diet and you can take enzymes with food (which is suggested use). I recommend professional help to get better because treating yourself may not work and may cost you a lot of money.

There are many ways to get better but you need the best one for your problems.

My ND believes anyone who has candida on genitals has candida in their kidneys, so I would research how to clean up the kidneys or find someone who can address this.

-raster

djdave49
    Participant

Hi Mariannefadel & thanks for your feedback.

Where can I buy the Enzymes you mention in your earlier note?

djdave49
    Participant

Hi Mariannefadel & thanks for your feedback.

Where can I buy the Enzymes you mention in your earlier note?

djdave49
    Participant

Hi SimonWontGiveUp,

Thanks for the feedback and the link to the lab – I’ve mailed them today as many are closed until 4th Jan.
    Out of interest I live & work in London – is your Nutritionist close to or in London or further afield? Would you recommend them?

djdave49
    Participant

Hi Raster – thanks for your comments. I like Buckwheat so will stick with it.
    Curiously, I got a facebook note today from a Yeast Free site indicating that natural Yogurt and all dairy should be avoided whilst on a Yeast Free Diet but I have natural yoghurt with live cultures every day for breakfast….it’s all very confusing.

Assume you are still supportive of people having natural yoghurts?

raster
    Participant

I recommend goats milk yogurt vs. cows milk because people tend to be less allergic to goat’s milk. Either way, it isn’t best for diet, but it shouldn’t set you back very much.

-raster

adrianna
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Hi I have a question,

Can the probiotics and enzymes be taken together?

raster
    Participant

Hi I have a question,

Can the probiotics and enzymes be taken together?

Yup!

adrianna
    Participant
    Replies: 2

Thank you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Male and got Candida’ is closed to new replies.