Major glitches today

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Anna,

I am unsure what is happening, it could be on my side of the internet, but I cannot post on any topics easily today.

There seems to be this weird “logged in” but “logged out” error I get when after I log in, all of the links in the upper right appear as if I am not logged in.

I also have had trouble posting replies or topics on the forum today and lost my edits a few times. Its quite frustrating to do the same thing over and over again.

It also appears that the forum is acting sorta slowly.

I had trouble just posting this message!

One final glitch: The CAPTCHA doesn’t show up and shows up as an “X”.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Raster

I ran some tests and it looks ok to me right now. Did you try it on a different browser or a different computer?

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

raster
    Participant

Ya, I think it was my work computer…my bad. We are still using windows xp at work with IE 6…not for long though! Thanks for checking it was quite frustrating.

raster
    Participant

Hello Anna,

After trying to log in for over 10 minutes, I finally was able to get to this post to state that I cannot login at all whatsoever onto the forum.

It doesn’t matter what browser I use, it doesn’t work on my work XP computer with chrome or IE…I am also having trouble on my home PC that uses chrome and W7.

The problem seems to be that once I login and click on a subject, the upper right hand corner shows that I am not logged in and have to do it again. I then click on a subject and the same thing happens again. Somehow I monkeyed with it enough to be able to post this message…

I think maybe a problem could be I replied to too many posts or there are too many posts on the forum. It seems to have started after you added the sticky to the forum so maybe the latest version of the software isn’t bug free.

I was able to post some last night but I had the same errors. It works a little bit better with windows 7.

I am thinking about creating a new username to see if this continues.

On a side note: Clicking the link from your email does not send you to your inbox message; it glitches out and you have to manually go to the your inbox. So the email thing just doesn’t work at all. This has happened throughout the whole history of the forum.

-raster

raster
    Participant

Here’s the error message I get:

There has been a serious error loading the forum. No further information is available.

Please contact the administrator if this message persists.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Raster

I’m aware of this (very frustrating) problem and I have got in touch with the software developer. He will hopefully be able to fix some of these issues and upgrade us to a more reliable version with fewer glitches. I should have an update within the next day or two, in the meantime hang in there!

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Major glitches today’ is closed to new replies.