Low stomach acid/poor digestion

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low stomach acid/poor digestion

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  horace1 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

horace1
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hey everyone. I’ve been on a fairly strict version of the diet with a few brief deviations for about 4 months. 2 weeks ago, I ate lunch and it just was not digesting. Hours of discomfort followed. I bought Digestmore digestive enzymes by Renewlife. For the next 2 days I took them with meals and my food was digesting well. Then, I was hit with extreme die-off that lasted days. I had to call out work. Apparently the protease enzymes also break down Candida cells, and Digestmore has high levels of protease. Afterwards, my gut became super sensitive, more permeable, and I became very allergic to everything I was eating. I’ve started a 4 day rotation diet, trying to be diligent with it. I was also drinking bone broth, before and after the Digestmore candida massacre, but I made a batch with beef marrow, and it was making me break into a fever and have a severe reaction that stopped when I stopped the bone broth. I made 2 batches before (1 chicks back, 1 other beef bone). I was worried that the the raw apple cheer vinegar in the broth might cause die-off, but the first batches were  well tolerated. Now, I’m taking Swedish bitters before meals and to treat indigestion, but my digestion is very poor. I over ate last night (a couple bites), and it ruined my whole day’s digestion.

Does anyone have any theories on the bone broth fever/allergic reaction? It didn’t seem like die-off. It was very intense, brief reaction about 20 minutes after drinking.

Does anyone have any tips for nursing my stomach My digestion back to working order? My digestion is so poor and my stomach’s capacity has diminished greatly. I’m not getting enough calories.  I’ve lost a lot of weight. I was already skinny.

I should also say I’m almost following a strict crossover of the strict candida diet and the autoimmune paleo diet after I realized I had grow n severely allergic to eggs and almonds. The only cheat is i eat oat bran( not allowed on AIP). I’ve been trying to address leaky gut, but I’ve found myself with an even more restrictive diet and the foods I’m left with are low-calorie. I’m weak, losing weight, poorly digesting. ive been eating protein and lots of leafy greens and veggies sauteed in butter and oat bran. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Hunter

horace1
    Participant

Also, now the bitters isn’t allowing for proper digestion. It was before overeating lastnight. today, I took a teaspoon of bitters, ate a plate of sautéed spinach, and it’s just sitting in my stomach. I also have a dairy digestive enzyme blend called Lacto which has a very low protease count and it helps when I use it, but I’m scared to use the two  at the exact same time, I.e. both before a meal. My digestion has come to a stand still. Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

-Hunter

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Try to slow down on the bitters/enzymes if they are giving you trouble.

eating steamed vegetables has helped me, avocado, yoghurt, fish, chicken. And if your digestion is still maybe you need more fiber? coconut flower has a lot of fiber in it.

Hope you will work it out. Go slow and don’t overdo things, it can be harmful for a sensitive stomach.

horace1
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback. I stopped the enzyme that caused the die off. But the bitters and the lesser enzymes are the only things that have allowed me to digest the simplest meals like sautéed veggies. Bitters were working well, making for regular bowel movements, until i ate oat bran right before bed, and woke up with it just stuck in my stomach the next morning. Now worse digestion and no bowel movements for 2 days. Im mostly eating veggies, then some oat bran, then little turkey, chicken or fish. i think my stomach acid is exTremely low. Ill try some steamed veggies out as opposed to sautéed in ghee. Food is not moving well now so I have no room for food even though I’m hungry; not getting enough calories. The  bitters and enzymes help things along when they aren’t moving at all, but not as well and no BM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Low stomach acid/poor digestion’ is closed to new replies.