Low calorie diet suppress the immune function.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low calorie diet suppress the immune function.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

A low calorie diet doesn’t help to fight pathogens according to this new study.

http://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/full/v18/i7/627.htm
    Jorge.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d also like to give folks a link to high calorie foods:

http://allwomenstalk.com/high-calorie-food-list-get-fat-fast/

I am eating a few of these (nut butter, avocadoes, etc).

Low calorie foods generally include veggies.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There’s a write-up on Science Daily as well. When you’re extremely ill with flu, your body can burn massive amounts of calories as it tries to fight off the virus. It seems logical to think something similar was happening with the inflammatory bugs in the study. Perhaps the mice on the calorie-restricted diet simply didn’t have a ready supply of energy to maintain a defence effort. Maybe a good reason not to let yourself go hungry while on the diet?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

raster wrote: I’d also like to give folks a link to high calorie foods:

http://allwomenstalk.com/high-calorie-food-list-get-fat-fast/

I am eating a few of these (nut butter, avocadoes, etc).

Low calorie foods generally include veggies.

-raster

Raster,
    What do you think about a sugar free peanut butter ??
    I had a sugar free almond butter but unfortunately, Blue Diamond isn’t making it anymore.
    I know that nut may have mold but I mean, about feeding candida ??
    Jorge.

raster
    Participant

I’d be more concerned about mold content than sugar content with nut butters. For instance, peanuts contains more molds than almonds do and thats why almonds are relatively safe. I would also mostly be concerned about freshness (related to mold content) of the butters.

For instance, I can make fresh nut butter at my local store using a machine that they have there. It stays fresh for about a week. If I bought the canned stuff, it would contain too much molds and I’d get a reaction.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

In a book I have about fats, I was surprised to see the line “Peanuts … are prone to infection by a fungus that produces highly carciogenic aflatoxins.” Is there any research on the whole moulds in foods issue? If all these popular foods contain moulds, what kind of effects do they have on the body? What percentage of the foods definitely contain them in the first place?

raster
    Participant

All I know from personal experience is that molds “f**k you up.” I think mold is worse than candida personally. It will be many years until I eat cheese again.

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Low calorie diet suppress the immune function.’ is closed to new replies.