Low Blood Sugar

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Low Blood Sugar

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MsMollyJackson 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MsMollyJackson
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 29

Hi everyone!
    So, I have experienced a few episodes of low blood sugar. I believe that when I started the diet in June, I was not eating enough calories (adjusting to the diet).
    Now I have a better handle on it, but am scared that it is going to happen all of a sudden when I am out. I have a 1 1/2 year old and am scared to drive her to daycare without a bowl of rice and chicken with me! I notice that when I vacuum, it starts to drop too…now I am scared to clean…what the heck is going on?
    Is anyone else experiencing this and will it go away when the candida is cleared up?
    I have a glucometer from when I was preganant and am obsessed about checking my blood sugar whenever I do anything. I also have terrible anxiety and panic as a die off symptom…I also wonder if the anxiety lowers the blood sugar too…?
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you!!
    Molly

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Without a blood sugar monitor, there’s no way another could state any symptom they experienced was due to low blood sugar. With that said, over months of adhering to a strict diet I had episodes where suddenly standing up sent me crashing to the floor or just walking around would give me a woozy feeling where I couldn’t walk straight. At the time I attributed this to blood sugar issues but, now I’m not too sure. Could have been a blood pressure or volume issue. Could have been die off symptoms as well, who knows.

To answer you question, yes many report anxiety/stress during treatment (I never had anxiety issues until I got sick and they are impossible to describe to someone who hasn’t experienced them long term). Think this has a lot to do with flight/fright responses from the adrenal/thyroid. More often than not it seems these endocrine systems are weakened long before treatment and the stress from ketosis (too low carbs) from a hash transition to a candida diet only further stresses these systems out. I haven’t any proof but, it’s a logical hunch: suspect this happened to me which set me back. Not to overwhelm you with additional information which might add to your already overloaded stress levels but, perhaps checking out how candida is linked to hypothyroid might help reduce stress by providing some insight to what you are experiencing.

There is a forum protocol in how to address stress/anxiety with good advice there for the picking. You will notice there is much cross over in treating thyroid/adrenal issues which is built into this forums protocol: sometimes subtly.

Personally, I think it’s way too easy to rush every thing as a so called die off symptom such as anxiety/stress: even if they are listed as die off symptoms. This is a stressful syndrome to treat since it’s not a one pill fix situation. Stress alone is very hard on your system, using up vit’s/mins while the endocrine system tries to deal with what ever is causing the stress. This could lead to certain nutritional deficiencies: particularly with B vits. I tend to think electrolyte balance is a key but, perhaps that is just unique to my situation.

Hang in there and keep the faith….keep seeking and you shall find…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A common problem for a lot of people who try the diet is that they go from a diet with lots of sugar (wheat and corn contain sugar for instance) to one with less sugar. You also are changing the amount of food you eat and this can affect blood sugar levels.

I experienced blood sugar issues for awhile and its all due to me not eating enough food and not eating my meals at good times of the day. It could be a lifestyle issue and not candida.

Its hard to say for certain what you experiencing but you definitely feel weird and unusual changes occur when you go through die-off.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Thank you, Raster.

That could have been part of what I experienced, as I did go from a sugar laden diet to a hard transition away from it.

Cinnamon is a good blood sugar regulator as well as dvjorge’s posts states it has antifungal properties as well. You might try using a lot of cinnamon in your foods or, as I do take cinnamon pills to help the body better regulate blood glucose.

cinnamon and blood sugar regulation

MsMollyJackson

Thanks for the info! I had my adrenals tested and the Dr said they looked ok. I know they have checked my thyroid numerous times as well…
    The die off is tough. It seems all supplements (including vitamins) are giving me die off. I hope that means this monster is almost gone (or at least contained)!!

MsMollyJackson

Is anyone else suffering with low blood sugar issues with the diet? I’m definitely eating enough-probably too much now. I’ve been pretty weak and starting to get energy back-yay!! I was just mopping the floor and felt like blood sugar was dropping. I checked and it was definitely getting low-73.
    Has anyone experienced this and will it go away when candida is cleared up??
    I used to run and teach dance with no issues ever!
    This is really freaking me out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Low Blood Sugar’ is closed to new replies.