Loosing too much weight on candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Loosing too much weight on candida diet

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ThomasJoel2 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Mend all
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello,

I have been on the candida diet for two months and have lost 17 lbs and currently weigh 95 lbs. Any advice on how pot gain some weight back would be GREATLY appreciated as I am starting to look scary skinny. Thank you

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to eat more food. Try eating 3-4 course meals with snacks between meals. Chew your food 30+ times per each bites and this will allow for better absorption in your gut.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

How do your bowels look like? It is possible that you lose fat because of the lack of enzymes. In that case your feces float and you should take enzymes that have lipase in them.

raster
    Participant

Another part of the problem is that if you have leaky gut syndrome, then your intestinal walls have holes in them. This basically prevents your body from absorbing the nutrients in the food you eat. So if you were to start making smoothies, or eating soups, etc. this could aid your digestion signficantly. If your body is having trouble breaking down food, this is another potential problem you could have…and then the food ferments in your gut. When this happens you’ll get a lot of gas, bloating, etc.

-raster

Mend all

Thank you so much for the feedback. I am feeling very weak and find it exhausting to cook for myself right now especially when you have to work but I have no choice. How do I know if I have leaky gut syndrome. I’ve had this problem for many years. Right now no anti fungals work for the vagina itching and burning, seems like it’s deep in the vagina tissues. I get really scared that this is the way I will lie the rest of my life. Thanks again and god bless

Maria

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

I would suggest to use oils if you want to gain weight. Do you use coconut oil as an antifungal? One tbsp has 117 calories. Also, you can use olive oil on your veggies and salads – 1 tbsp has around 119 calories. Last time I was on a strict forum diet, I didn’t lose weight, I gained it 🙂 because of all the oils and eggs. Coconut bread contains 6 eggs and half cup of oil, and that`s A LOT of calories, if only in one slice. Maybe you can keep track of your calorie intake, so you make sure you aren’t in deficit, and if you see you are, just eat more meals, or double your portions.

Mend all

Thank you Keya and Raster will make the coconut bread and have more of the oils on a daily basis . It’s so awesome that you care enough to reply.

raster
    Participant

Leaky gut is basically intestinal permeability or inflammation of the gut. You would have it if you are allergic to almost all foods.

-raster

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Hi Raster,

What are some of the allergic reactions to food? Are candida symptoms and food allergies similar? For me, brain fog, hypoglycemia, and extreme anxiety are my most difficult symptoms. Could any of these be related to a food allergy?

TheChosenOne
    Participant

faither;56755 wrote: Hi Raster,

What are some of the allergic reactions to food? Are candida symptoms and food allergies similar? For me, brain fog, hypoglycemia, and extreme anxiety are my most difficult symptoms. Could any of these be related to a food allergy?

That’s possible, but brain fog, hypoglycemia and anxiety are typical candida symptoms.
    You can be allergic to almost anything. Things that cause most allergies are preservatives in food (the E numbers), gluten (coeliac), lactose, nuts, soja, eggs and gelatin,
    The best way to determine your food allergies is an exclusion diet where you start with foods that you are likely to eat (veggies, fish, chicken) and add some foods every week.

raster
    Participant

For me, allergic reactions typically encompassed a “burning” sensation throughout my body that lasted from minutes to a few hours. It feels similar to “indian rug burn” where you twist the skin on your arms. I’d also get some other symptoms such as heart palpitations, brain fog, tremors, headache, irritability, red eyes, ringing ears, anxiety, breathing problems, etc. (I have a big list I can share)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergy

The thing they don’t mention in wikipedia is how to treat and reverse allergies without medication…

I think hypoglycemia is likely unrelated and is a separate issue…but I am no medical doctor.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant

raster;56766 wrote: I think hypoglycemia is likely unrelated and is a separate issue…but I am no medical doctor.

Hmm. I thought hypoglycemia was related to adrenal issues.

faither
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 30

Thanks raster,

Although I have had to tailor my diet to combat the hypoglycemia, I want you to know following your advice to the best of my ability has produced these results.

My hypoglycemia is 75% better.

My anxiety is 75% less

My ulcer that caused me to take Prilosec and ant acids for over twelve years is pretty much healed.

I’ve lost 20 pounds since starting the diet and treatment, I’m on week 10. But I spent two months before that forcing my body to need almost no sugar, and a lot less carbs, due to the hypoglycemia.

The brain fog has lessened, but still struggling with that. I think it may be possible that the extremely high stress in my life has contributed something to that, all of which I’m in the process of dismantling.

I’m just starting the third bottle of the anti fungal you recommended from thorn, it’s been 10 weeks.

I really appreciate your help. I’m looking forward to continue this fight and can’t thank you enough.

jay

I still can only use the quick reply on this site, my apologies for any derailing’s.

TheChosenOne
    Participant

faither;56778 wrote: My ulcer that caused me to take Prilosec and ant acids for over twelve years is pretty much healed.

Uclers aren’t caused by stomach acid. It is usually caused by the H. Pylori bacteria which thrives in a low acid environment. Antacids are likely to make this problem worse.

faither;56778 wrote: I’ve lost 20 pounds since starting the diet and treatment, I’m on week 10. But I spent two months before that forcing my body to need almost no sugar, and a lot less carbs, due to the hypoglycemia.

You have to get most of your calories from fats. Try to add vegetable fats to your diet. I put it on some vegetables. Avocados are also great.

faither;56778 wrote: I’m just starting the third bottle of the anti fungal you recommended from thorn, it’s been 10 weeks.

SF722 is pretty expensive imho. Try to combine it with other antifungals over time when your brain fog gets better.

Mend all

Hello,
    This inquiry is for Raster. I am still learning how to blog and finding my way around this forum, not sure how to reply to a particular person yet. My question is the candida diet has left me weak and every time I get up from sitting I feel like I’m going to faint and things black around me. Is this hypoglycemia? I am taking coconut oil everyday and oregano oil under the tongue and just bought a very strong probiotic 50 billion. I have been on the diet for a couple of months but have cheated on occasion. This is a very difficult diet .

Thanks

Maria

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Loosing too much weight on candida diet’ is closed to new replies.