Looking for input on my daily vit/mins/supplements, etc….Able? Raster? Jorge? Anyone else?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Looking for input on my daily vit/mins/supplements, etc….Able? Raster? Jorge? Anyone else?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

I have recently started making Kefir: BODY ECOLOGY brand made with raw milk which I will start on tomorrow. Currently, I’ve been using LIFEWAY Greek Style Real Kefir Cultured Milk Probiotic since to conserve energy with kitchen prep/etc.. Yet, it’s very expensive compared to homemade kifer: so I’m all set up now to use and make homemade kifer. Anyone have any input on BODY ECOLOGY brand Kifer starter?

Here’s my daily supplements, beyond diet which I’m transitioning towards the stricter diet more gradually so my body doesn’t freak out as it has in past failed attempts. The theory behind breaking daily supplements into AM and PM intakes is certain minerals are best taken at night since that’s when the body re-mineralizes itself. Also, if you take too much of a certain vitamin, the body will just expel it, rather than store or use it: particularly with B-vits, etc. So, breaking them up throughout the day, at least in two separate doses hopefully allows the best absorption.

AM
    HERITAGE STORE…..Atomidine (iodine liquid drops)………(19,200 mcg)
    DOUGLAS LABS…….Basic Preventive 5 Iron Free…………(5 caplets)
    FRESH FARMS……..Bee Pollen…………………………(1.5 tsp min)
    SAFEWAY…………Beta-Carotene………………………(1 x 25,000 IU)
    BIOLSIL…………Advanced Collagen Generator………….(4 drops / Othosicic Acid 5 mg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Biotin…………………………….(1 x 10,000 mg)
    NATURE MADE……..B- Stress Complex (w/c & Zinc)……….(1 x ?mg)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Vitamin C (asorbic acid or ESTER-C)….(3 x 1,000 mg)
    RAINBOW FOODS……Cinnamon (fresh ground / high grade)….(1.5 tsp / 3,000 mg)
    365 ORGANIC……..EV Coconut Oil……………………..(1 to 3 tsp)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Cod Liver Oil………………………(1 x 415 mg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Cranberry (plus Vit C)………………(1 x 4,200 mg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….D3………………………………..(1 x 2,000 IU)
    NATURE MADE……..Vit E……………………………..(1 x 400 IU)
    WALGREENS……….Fiber – soluble fiber……………….(2 to 4 TBS = 3g to 6g)
    SUNDOWN NATURALS…Fish Oil (Omega 3 oil)………………(3 x 1,000 mg)
    SPECTRUM………..Flaxseed – ground…………………..(1 x TBS)
    TWINLAB…………HCL (betaine caps / as needed)……….(1 x 648mg)
    MANITOBA HARVEST…Hemp Pro 50 (50% protein powder)……..(1 x TBS = 15g protein)
    WHOLE FOODS……..Vitamin K………………………….(1 x 100 mcg)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Garlic (odorless – Allicin)………….(1 x 1,000 mg)
    SAFEWAY…………Ginseng……………………………(1 x 100 mg)
    GARDEN OF LIFE…..Goatein (goat’s milk protein powder)….(2 x TBS = 13 grams protein)
    JAROOW FORMULAS….L-Glutamine………………………..(1 x 750 mg)
    PUR-ABSORB………Iron (iron-rich water high absorbtion)..(1 x daily packet)
    GREEN VALLEY…….Kefir……………………………..(1 x 6 oz)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Lutein…………………………….(1 x 40 mg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Milk Thistle……………………….(1 x 1,000 mg)
    SUNDOWN NATURALS…Omega 3-6-9 (flax, fish, Borage Oils)..(1 x ?mgs)
    YS ECO BEE FARMS…Royal Jelly………………………..(1 x 1,000 mg)
    ALOHA BAY……….Sea Salt – Himalayan………………..(1 x tsp)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Super Green w/probiotics & FOS……….(1 x tsp)
    HEATH FORCE FOODS..Vitamineral Green Version 5.2………..(1 x tsp Super whole food)
    SAFEWAY…………Zinc………………………………(1 x 50 mg)

PM
    365 ORGANIC……..Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (w/mother)..(1 oz min)
    DOUGLAS LABS…….Basic Preventive 5 Iron Free……(4 caplets)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Vitamin C (asorbic acid Or ESTER-C)….(2 x 1,000 mg)
    365 ORGANIC……..EV Coconut Oil……………………..(1 to 3 tsp)
    WALGREENS……….Calcium 600 + D…………………….(1 x 400 D UI/Cal 60O mg)
    FINEST NATURAL…..Calcium, Magnesium & Zinc……………(3 x 333 mg)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Cod Liver Oil………………………(1 x 415 mg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….D3………………………………..(1 x 2,000 IU)
    SPECTRUM………..Flaxseed – ground…………………..(1 x TBS)
    WALGREENS……….Fiber – soluble fiber……………….(2 to 4 TBS = 3g to 6g)
    SUNDOWN NATURALS…Fish Oil (Omega 3)………………….(3 x 1,000 mg)
    GARDEN OF LIFE…..Goatein (goat’s milk protein powder)….(2 x TBS = 13 grams protein)
    JAROOW FORMULAS….L-Glutamine………………………..(1x 750 mg)
    TWINLABS………..HCL (betaine caps / as needed)………(1 x 648mg)
    MANITOBA HARVEST…Hemp Pro 50 (50% protein powder)……..(1 x TBS = 15g protein)
    PUR-ABSORB………Iron (iron-rich water high absorbtion)..(1 x daily packet)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Magnesium………………………….(1 x 500 mg)
    SUNDOWN NATURALS…Omega 3-6-9 (flax, fish, Borage Oils)..(1 x ?mgs)
    ALOHA BAY……….Sea Salt – Himalayan………………..(1 x tsp)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Selenium…………………………..(1 x 200 mcg)
    NATURE’S BOUNTY….Super Green w/probiotics & FOS……….(1 x tsp)
    NATURE’S WAY…….Turmeric…………………………..(1 x 500 mg)
    HEATH FORCE FOODS..Vitamineral Green Version 5.2………..(1 x tsp Super whole food)

INBETWEEN MEALS
    GARDEN OF LIFE…..RAW Probiotics MENS Formula…….(1 x 85 Billion / 31 strains w HSO)
    RENWLIFE………..Critcal Colon Probiotic…………(1 x 80 Billion / 14 strains / TR)
    RENWLIFE………..Critcal Colon Probiotic…………(1 x 50 Billion / 10 strains / TR)
    HEALTHY TRINITY….TRI – Probiotic………………..(1 x 30 billion / 3 strains)

With Probiotics: I mix it up from day to day between brands, taking a min of 80+ billion daily – the more strains the better. Figure using mixing things up every once in a while with different brands as long as their are large strains and high counts could be a good alternative to sticking with a single probiotic brand.)

ADDITIONAL TREATMENT

SOURCE NATURALS….Colloidal Silver Nasal Spray……..(1 x 4/day for 10 days each month)
    FINEST NUTRITION…Tea Tree Oil……………………(1 drop application on skin per week)

As a reminder my case is a massive mucosal candida infection based on the Candida Antigen Blood test, complicated with malnutrition and severe anemia. With the IGA portion of the test, if a normal person range would be within <10 mine came back at over 33. I suffer chronic sinus issues which I’m convinced is candida so, my mucosal issues could run from sinuses to well, you know where…..through the whole GI system. I have been suffering for well over 10 years with Doc’s/mis-diagnoses and in hindsight, have probably been suffering from disbiosys starting in childhood but, severely aggravated in my late teens, early twenties and things have never been the same since then.

I’m on the soft side of being able to afford the above consistently and if some could be eliminated or streamlined to help my financial dire straights without sacrificing a positive treatment, input on such would be dearly and greatly appreciated.

So, there you go Forum, knock me over with your expertize and experience based opinions.

I’m SO SICK OF BEING SICK…….ya, I know: aren’t we all.

Wishing one and all nothing but, blessings of graces along their healing journey.

Many thanks in advance for your input and responses.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Hello,
    I would like to help you but I am not good in that area.

The thing is if you are taking what you really need to eliminate the microbe that is affecting you.

Jorge.

flailingWcandi

Thank you, Jorge.

As you know my IGA from the candida Blood test came back at 33 where a normal range would be less than 10. I went to aggresive in treatment over the course of a year and made myself much sicker, took time off from treatment within reason to study as much as I could and am in the process of gradually transitioning towards the full comprehensive protocol. Yet, considering my CFS and Anemia have to convalescence to get the old sea legs under me to keep a strong treatment program going.

I find I’m throwing away $$$ with produce going bad on me as I can’t shop everyday for fresh produce, so I’m currently doing more juicing of veggies which have a longer refer shelf life.

Always open to input and as you know, I have always respected your opinion and research.

Many blessings to you and yours, Jorge

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

what do you use the colloidal silver nasal spray for?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A lot of your supplements I have not taken so I don’t know how effective they are. The rest of the vitamins are ones I take and should be good.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Well, Flailing, just a glance at your post looks like you must be spending a fortune on supplements.

Personally I see several problems with your list of supplements; one is the Douglas Lab multiple vitamin which contains a terrible ratio of the eight B vitamins. Another is the fact that you’re overlapping the amounts of the same vitamins with different products. Look at the supplements in the Nature Made Stress B vitamins compared to the Douglas Lab multiple vitamins; so many of these vitamins are overlapping that you could be creating a huge need for various B vitamins in your body. This means that, when you finally go off of these vitamins, you could experience the symptoms of deficiencies in several different vitamins. For example, if you’re taking both of these every day, you’re ingesting 7334% of your daily requirement for thiamin (B1). Doesn’t this seem a little off to you?

At this point, you really shouldn’t be taking garlic pills containing allicin because it’s a powerful antibiotic that can destroy the bacteria that you’re trying to reestablish in the intestines. If you enjoy pure garlic, you could use a bit of this in your food, but you don’t need a supplement of it as well.

Another potential problem is the iron supplement. Pure iron such as this benefits the Candida, which is why most Candida sufferers eventually become deficient in iron. This is also why I recommend Apo-Lactoferrin in place of a pure iron supplement.
    The information on your supplement reads; “Pur-Absorb is 100% natural and efficacious without additives, so you can really taste the iron.” This tells you that it’s pure iron without a substance to prevent the Candida from using it to their benefit.

flailingWcandi;40085 wrote: I’m SO SICK OF BEING SICK…….ya, I know: aren’t we all.

What improvements have you seen, Flailing?

When you look over your supplement list, maybe try to keep in mind that more isn’t always better?

Able

flailingWcandi

Tsunny;40144 wrote: what do you use the colloidal silver nasal spray for?

For chronic Sinus congestion of over a decade which I believe is Candida. You have to be careful, as silver is a heavy antibiotic, thus why I limit to 10 days a month and you aren’t supposed to go over 4 sprays per day. If I can keep the silver in the nasal cavities, there should be a minimum dripping into the digestive tract disrupting good flora.

Blessings.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

flailingWcandi;40325 wrote:

what do you use the colloidal silver nasal spray for?

For chronic Sinus congestion of over a decade which I believe is Candida. You have to be careful, as silver is a heavy antibiotic, thus why I limit to 10 days a month and you aren’t supposed to go over 4 sprays per day. If I can keep the silver in the nasal cavities, there should be a minimum dripping into the digestive tract disrupting good flora.
    Hello, Flailing.

Silver particles, especially in colloidal silver, are said to be so small that they are readily absorbed soon after they’ve entered the body, which would include the sinus area. This more than likely means they’re being absorbed into your bloodstream shortly after using them.

When it comes to supplements that people use which destroy the beneficial bacteria, the biggest offenders are antifungals, colloidal silver, and berberine which is found in the herbs goldenseal, Oregon grape root and barberry.

Getting rid of the Candida overgrowth is the only thing that will completely remove the Candida from the sinus cavities, and colloidal silver is not helping this. Regardless of whether you feel any relief from it in the sinus area or not, it isn’t helping to lessen the general population of Candida in your intestines.

flailingWcandi

dvjorge;40101 wrote: Hello,
    I would like to help you but I am not good in that area.

The thing is if you are taking what you really need to eliminate the microbe that is affecting you.

Jorge.

That’s the question, Jorge.

I use coconut oil and am waiting for SF722 to come back into supply. I also use two cinnamon pills a day plus, use a very high grade freshly ground Vietnamese cinnamon in my coconut bread and on my oat bran, etc. Also, I take 1 to 2 garlic pills with Allicin, since garlic order sensitivity is part of my symtoms (has been for decades, wonder why – d’Oh)

Doc isn’t willing to prescribe rx antifungals and I couldn’t afford more than say, walmarts $4/month script plan for generic dulfican anyway. Though, since my blood tests seem to indicate it’s mainly mucosal, perhaps dulflican could prove helpful later on down the line. Or, what’s your take on that?

Many thanks and blessings, jorge for all your generosity, caring and sharing with us all the benefit of your vast research/understanding, etc….. appreciate it kindly.

flailingWcandi

Able900;40173 wrote: Well, Flailing, just a glance at your post looks like you must be spending a fortune on supplements.

Personally I see several problems with your list of supplements; one is the Douglas Lab multiple vitamin which contains a terrible ratio of the eight B vitamins. Another is the fact that you’re overlapping the amounts of the same vitamins with different products. Look at the supplements in the Nature Made Stress B vitamins compared to the Douglas Lab multiple vitamins; so many of these vitamins are overlapping that you could be creating a huge need for various B vitamins in your body. This means that, when you finally go off of these vitamins, you could experience the symptoms of deficiencies in several different vitamins. For example, if you’re taking both of these every day, you’re ingesting 7334% of your daily requirement for thiamin (B1). Doesn’t this seem a little off to you?

Since I’m no nutritionist, ratios/balance with vits/mins is a little stretch which I’m trying to learn but, can only absorb so much at a time. Doc says not to be concerned with taking too much of the b-vits as any which the body doesn’t need is eliminated through the urine rather quickly. The point in to make sure I’m getting even more than I ‘need’ since my case is rather complicated/difficult due to it’s duration lasting well over a decade and the state of mal-nutrition, CFS, anemia has escalated over the time I’ve been suffering from Candida. So, there you go……Also, recently blood work shows I’m Vit D deficient so, there’s focus on trying to bring those levels up.

Able900;40173 wrote:
    At this point, you really shouldn’t be taking garlic pills containing allicin because it’s a powerful antibiotic that can destroy the bacteria that you’re trying to reestablish in the intestines. If you enjoy pure garlic, you could use a bit of this in your food, but you don’t need a supplement of it as well.

You have a point there but, most antifungals have antibacterial properties. I’m using EV coconut oil, waiting for SF722 to come back into supply, use cinnamon both in pill and fresh form and the garlic. I didn’t do well on the GAIA oil of oregano for the issues you spell out above. Perhaps, it’s best to initially stay away from the antifungals and focus on the probiotics/kefir.

Unfortunately, Garlic odor sensitivity is a symptom of my condition going back decades. I couldn’t stand to be around myself when using fresh garlic prior to switching to the pills w/allicin.

This also brings up the subject of the iodine supplementation, it would have similar effect: perhaps I should limit the iodine drops for the time being or, take less frequently.

Able900;40173 wrote:
    Another potential problem is the iron supplement. Pure iron such as this benefits the Candida, which is why most Candida sufferers eventually become deficient in iron. This is also why I recommend Apo-Lactoferrin in place of a pure iron supplement.
    The information on your supplement reads; “Pur-Absorb is 100% natural and efficacious without additives, so you can really taste the iron.” This tells you that it’s pure iron without a substance to prevent the Candida from using it to their benefit.

I really need to address the anemia to even have the strength to progress as I need the strength for all the shopping/food prep/cooking/cleaning, etc.. I was using a time released iron supplement and even then my tests came back on the low/anemia side. I switched just this month to the PUR-ABSORB since it made some sense as being easier for my body to absorb and put to use.

In checking APO-lactoferrin, the local health food store just called to say JARROWS FORUMLA told them, the APO means it’s iron depleted and a quick search of the web shows it could further chelate iron from the body. However, JARROWS FORMULA has lactoferrin – $28/60 capsules.

Able900;40173 wrote:
    What improvements have you seen, Flailing?

Since I’m still taking a more gradual transition to the protocol, I can’t say there’s been significant improvement. Though, oral thrush is contained now, so it seems but, I still cough up white phlegm and it drains from my sinuses, thus the collidal silver and limiting it to only 10 days per month. However, based on your input, I’ll stay away from the Silver nasal spray for the time being and cut the allicin back to perhaps just one pill per day, rather than the two I was just escalating this week.

I’m still very week. Get out of the house very little. However, I’ve started making my own coconut bread which a couple months back was overwhelming to even think of making so, that’s some improvement. It’s like starting all over again trying to treat this condition, with FAR more understanding even if far from complete.

Able900;40173 wrote:
    When you look over your supplement list, maybe try to keep in mind that more isn’t always better?

Able

I hear you, Able. Trust me, I’m broke as heck after being out of work for going on precisely a decade. All doc visits etc are self pay since I have no insurance, etc.
    So, no I DO NOT want to spend money on useless supplements – I’m trying to widdle it down and thus, why I asked for your and everyone’s experienced based advice…and trust me, I LISTEN to every word …..

Many thanks for your help, concern, efforts and all around guidance to blokes like me who are struggling with this battle of all battles. I’m live alone and pretty isolated so, it’s all up to me which makes it all that much more challenging.

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY and wishing you many grace filled blessings!

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

That gives me a stomach ache just looking at that regimen.

Bee pollen/royal jelly–make sure you don’t have any pollen sensitivities before taking them…for some it can cause an allergic reaction

Flaxseed+Borage
    –Careful of its estrogen like properties–questionable long-term use for a male

Too much calcium or magnesium at meals can cause indigestion/buffering too much HCL
    Not a fan of calcium supps..hard to digest/calcium deposits etc…

Make sure your fish oil caps are fresh…A lot of fish oil caps sitting on the shelf become oxidized very quickly–Fish supps should have amber glass/refrigerated.

I found hemp pro to have a pretty scratchy consisitency–not the best for those that have a sensitive gut.

Zinc- 50 mg is too much at one time–might upset your gut–a better dosage is around 15mg.

Super greens better taken in between meals—very alklaizing

Fiber supps take away from mineral rich foods/supps. Fiber can interfere with absorption of minerals.

Lavender oil on the skin might be less harsh than tea tree oil. Lavender is a very good anti-fungal as well. Lavender can be relaxing–evening/night use

Good food sources of iron:

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-iron.php

—Careful with iron dosage..can be constipating in higher amounts….iron supps can be readily used for pathogens–depends on individuals level of pathogens in the gut.

Take some Vitamin C with iron/iron rich foods to increase iron absorption

Collidial silver– caution of it collecting in the tissues(long-term).

Cinnamon-careful with dosage..can lower blood sugar for some.

Turmeric–might be a little too spicy for people with gut sensitivities

Beta carotene–would rather get from food

Vitamin E- interefers with iron absorption..take away from iron
    Would not be supplementing with vitamin E if your low on iron!!

flailingWcandi

jameskep;40415 wrote: That gives me a stomach ache just looking at that regimen.

Bee pollen/royal jelly–make sure you don’t have any pollen sensitivities before taking them…for some it can cause an allergic reaction

Vitamin E- interefers with iron absorption..take away from iron
    Would not be supplementing with vitamin E if your low on iron!!

Yep, thus trying to widdle supplements down — mind boggling!

No worries with Bee Pollen/Royal Jelly, though I appreciate your genuine concern. Have gotten stung by bees as a child and no allergic reaction. I have seen apoplectic shock first hand when volunteering with a free medical clinic years ago: no concerns yet, appreciate your concern.

Now, that’s the type of additional info which is critical for me to learn. Really? Vit E interferes with iron absorption: who would have guessed, go figure. Many thanks for the insight on such, as a decade or longer of anemia to the point of CFS for years now, it’s time to kick anemia’s butt.

“How can you have your cake if your don’t eat your meat?” LOL…..

The Easter FEAST weekend will help put on some weight. I’m down to 130 lbs. again and stand, well used to stand 6’1″. However, when I get much above the mid to high 150’s it sits right at the belt line and causes additional problems. Oi……

Again, many thanks for your input…..it’s a blessing to learn something new everyday.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Here is a good link on iron absorption/talks about thyroid as well:
    http://www.ithyroid.com/iron.htm

I forgot about high levels of zinc can interfere with iron absorption as well.

Notice good amounts of HCl/acid need to be present to help absorb the iron. Greens, calcium, phytate foods, zinc, vitamin E, excess fiber,— etccc…take away from iron rich foods/supps.

Take some vitamin C/HCL caps with iron rich foods/supps.

Note: Animal sources of iron much better than plant sources.

I would not take flax meal or hemp pro(phytates,fiber rich) with iron rich foods/supps= might interfere with iron absorption.

flailingWcandi

Able900;40173 wrote: Another potential problem is the iron supplement. Pure iron such as this benefits the Candida, which is why most Candida sufferers eventually become deficient in iron. This is also why I recommend Apo-Lactoferrin in place of a pure iron supplement.

Able

Hey, Able!!!

Boy, are/were you RIGHT with regards to PUR-ABSORB IRON SUPPLEMENT, Iron rich water in daily packets. They nailed me HARD for a few days, constipation galore among other things but, they slowed GI Motility to a stand still. I’m off them, was doing better with Feresequol a time released gentle on your system Iron supplement until such time as I move forward with your Iron Advice however, I’m still confused over APO-lactoferrin…..some sites state the APO actually depletes iron from one’s system.

Have a grand weekend and let me know about lactoferrin and this mystery to me presently. I need to address my Anemia to have a fighting chance to victory!!

Blessings.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Looking for input on my daily vit/mins/supplements, etc….Able? Raster? Jorge? Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.