Links? and spam?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’d just like to say that for those of us who live the EU, we can’t post links on the forum. If we must wait for a US person to wake up and approve our link every time. It’s frustrating, by the time it gets posted the message is buried.

I for one would rather wade through spam then not be able to communicate and post links.

Is there anyway for the link posting to be approved according to the members status? For example don’t allow “newbies” to post links without a moderaters approval.

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi mrs.candida

We had to introduce the spam filter because we were getting lots of spam and it was really interfering with users’ experience of the forum. We tried a captcha for a while, but that didn’t stop all the spam and many of our users were having problems completing it.

I’m aware that the current spam filter is sometimes a little over-sensitive when it comes to posting links, and I have that in my list of things to do when we next upgrade the forum software.

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Links? and spam?’ is closed to new replies.