Lemons: Questions/Answers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Lemons: Questions/Answers

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  89Mirageman 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Questions we’ve been asked about using lemons as a simple, easier cleanse.

1) Apparently lemons have more citric acid than almost all fruit and veggies. How can it be ok to squeeze a whole lemon into water and drink it three times a day for the safe, simple cleanse when we can’t have other fruit?

Reply: Lemons, limes, and grapefruits are all in this category. The reason these are set apart from other fruits, is the small amount of sugar they each contain, plus they each contain an abundance of oxygen which acts as an antifungal.

To show you the difference in sugar content; a serving of red grapes contains 20 grams of sugar, one orange and one apple each contains 23 grams, on the other hand there are only 1.5 grams of sugar in one average size lemon.

Speaking of alkalizing foods; when people with Candida first begin reading all the information about a Candida albicans infestation, one of the first bits of information they usually find concerns the pH balance of the body, specifically that the body should be more alkaline than acid, but that’s a complete distortion of the actual facts, and you won’t be able to change the overall pH balance in your body to become overly acidic or alkaline with foods during the diet or hopefully at any other time. For the most part, the body is able to adjust its own pH balance with adjustors that we are born with. The lower intestines and colon are the parts of the body that are most affected by becoming over-alkalized because of the sugar and carbohydrates ingested which feed Candida and allows it to turn into its dangerous, fungal state known as Candida albicans. The fungal type of Candida is the reason that the environment in the intestines becomes over-alkalized therefore allowing the fungus to bred and multiply even more.

Even though the above way of contracting Candida isn’t directly caused by eating alkalizing foods, one of the ways we can contract the infestation is by overeating sugary fruit which has an alkalizing effect plus sugar which feeds the Candida in our digestive system. Once the Candida has multiplied in the lower digestion tract, they put off huge amounts of alcohol-filled toxins which continue to alkalize the area.
    The only way to change the pH of the lower intestines back to acidic, which is what you want for good intestinal heath, is large amounts of beneficial bacteria which will build healthy flora that will eventually destroy the Candida albicans.

2) How long do I need to continue drinking lemon water 3 times a day?

Reply: Two or three times a day at least for the first week or two to get a jump start on detoxifying your body. Then you can continue this at least once a day or more for as long as you’re on the treatment.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping post.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Able,
    I was drinking the lemon water and noticed that that my hands get cold, I become a little dizzy and the problem I have with a itching anus gets worse.

I believe that I got candida already when I was around 18-20 (today I am 49) as I got that terrible irritated anus itch. To shy to go to a doctor I learned to live with it but I noticed over the years that food was directly connected to it. I wanted to use this as my indicator for testing a good and healthy food list. I got quite good with it and
    I could see that it calmed down to a level of nearly zero itching.

In that way I was eating less and less carbohydrates and went over to a fat and protein diet what they call here a stone age diet. When this didnt really cleared up the itching 100 percent I went to a high fat low carb diet. I was quite extreme until I collapsed.

Now back to the lemon, if I drink my 3 and more glasses of lemon water. I noticed that it starts itching to a level where I wake up in the nights from it.
    Yesterday I took a break from the citron water and everything calmed down again.

How shall I understand that?

Is it a good sign and I should continue or is it a bad sign and I should stop!?

thank you

PS got my test results from the normal doctor: Blood is fine, Urine is fine, stoole sample where fine. The last test they will run is a adrenalin urine test. If that shows fine too. I believe they throw my out and I am on my own.

Thomas

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Does that mean its safe to experiment with grapefruit?

Hope you’re well!

Katy

Thomas

Bumping post. Able or raster, can you answer my post here in the Thread before the Thread is dead?

cheers
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am no candida expert at anything, but I will put in my two cents on what the problem could be.

I think the very small amount of sugar in the lemon is what is causing you problems Thomas, so maybe try it again in a few weeks. I believe there is 2.5 grams of sugar per lemon, which is about the same amount as a whole onion.

If this isn’t a problem, it may have to do with the alkalinity/acidity of your body and could be putting it out of balance.

Or, the lemon and the itching are not related but just a coincidence.

-Raster

Thomas

raster I will watch and check a little with it and see.
    Did you have this kind of symptoms like I and the feeling that they affect different areas of the body. I had Kefir and yoghurt for the first time after ca 6 month without milk products. It was great. I didn’t have a stomach reaction and my stomach feels great. BUT I got pain in my knees like rheumatism, not so strong but annoying. And I feel that the lightness in my leg muscles are gone and there is a tightness and heaviness in my legs.

I will not have the milk products now for 3 days and test it again and see if there is a pattern.

thanks for the help mate!
    cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I had the itch problem (in many areas) and the achy joints problem. Both went away after months on the diet and supplements/vitamins. I still sometimes get the itch, but it isn’t nearly as bad as before.

It’s all about testing your foods to see what reactions you get; if they are minor ones like itching, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. The main things you should worry about include mucous production, leaky gut allergy reaction, and IBS. If you get any of these after eating foods, then stop immediately.

Able900
    Spectator

Thomas;
    One allergic reaction to lemons is contact dermatitis or hives which involves severe itching. If you’ve never been allergic to lemons before, keep in mind that new allergies can crop up at anytime with a Candida infestation. If you want to stop the lemons for a period of time to see if the itching stops, there’s no harm in doing this. You could also try limes in place of the lemons, they have the same effect as far as the cleanse goes.

Katy;
    it’s perfectly alright to experiment with grapefruit.

Able

Thomas

Able900 wrote: Thomas;
    One allergic reaction to lemons is contact dermatitis or hives which involves severe itching. If you’ve never been allergic to lemons before, keep in mind that new allergies can crop up at anytime with a Candida infestation. If you want to stop the lemons for a period of time to see if the itching stops, there’s no harm in doing this. You could also try limes in place of the lemons, they have the same effect as far as the cleanse goes.

Katy;
    it’s perfectly alright to experiment with grapefruit.

Able

Thank you, I will play with this and see if there are changes and keep you updated!
    Thomas

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

How exciting!!!

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: How exciting!!!

LOL, Katy … Amazing how, over a course of several months, the Candida diet can cause one to become excited over the strangest and smallest of things. Certainly changes one’s perspective, hey?

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I’m confused… sincen Saturday evening I’m itching all over… still very itchy now on my scalp and under my arms, less so elsewhere. Also last Thu/ Fri I got a few hives on the back of my neck by they’re not itchy, just large & red.

I’ve had 3 lemons and 1 lime a day since starting my cleanse 3 weeks ago… would this suddenly start now? I’ve never had this itch before. The only new thing i’ve tried is a glass of grapefruit juice saturday and saturday night my itching flared up, yesterday my hand were itchy & cracked.

I haven’t touched grapefruit since… but should I stop the lemons too? Or could this be die off because I started a few more of the supplements last Wed/ Thu including Advanced Multi Billion Dophilus, Caprylic Acid, Oregano Oil, Pau D’Arco, Apple Cider Vingegar, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Milk Thistle, Odourless Garlic Capsules… also a multi nutrient supplement that has a lot of the other things your were recommending like zinc, biotin, calcium. (I couldn’t afford to buy them all individually).

I had been taking several of the things since stage 1 started but them realised all the meds had eithe Maltodextrin or a bulking agents in them… so I guess you’d only count all these as being really useful since last Thu?

I was thinking maybe it was die off because I had been having a sauna or hot bath every day but haven’t managed that since Thursday either. Conicidence?

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

I believe the itching that everyone is experiencing might have been die off symptoms and not related to the lemons at all becasuse I was extremely itchy as well. Also Able will tell you not to drink the Pau D’Arco tea or capsules, I made the mistake of wasting my money on them too and now they just sit on the counter. He says they are a blood thinner.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thanks Mirageman… I just had a very hot bath and really sweated it out and the itch has nearly gone. Will def stick to a daily sauna or bath for the next couple weeks because I think it’s what must have really eased my symptoms up until now. I don’t mind getting some die off symptoms (though do heed Ables advice on the matter) because at least I know it’s working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Lemons: Questions/Answers’ is closed to new replies.