Lemon Scones

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ks 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ZoePhoenix
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

I adapted this recipe from one I found online.
    These are great with breakfast or just as a snack. (:

Lemon Scones:

2 3/4 cups almond meal

1/4 cup coconut flour

zest of 2 lemons

3 tablespoons stevia

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

3 eggs

1/4 cup olive oil

1 teaspoon liquid stevia

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine almond meal, coconut flour, lemon zest, stevia, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, olive oil, and liquid stevia until well blended. Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix well. Drop dough onto a cookie sheet. (I make mine rounded tablespoon size) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops start to become golden and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
    Enjoy! 😀

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Oh they sound so good!! Thanks so much!!
    Lauren 😀

ZoePhoenix

You’re very welcome! (:
    I’ve always loved baking so it’s nice to be able to do a little even on this diet. lol

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

Hi Zoe,
    Can you tell me why you included the liquid stevia to make to your recipe? I only have regular stevia right now and no liquid form.
    Thanks 🙂

ZoePhoenix

Oh I’m sure they would be fine without it! Maybe add a little more regular stevia because the liquid stevia would add more sweetness. (:

BellusStella
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

I made these using lemon juice since i had no fresh lemon in the house at the time. Definitely NOT recomended!
    I also didnt have the liquid sweetner. They are tolerable but there something off about the taste. I would suggest to wait until you get fresh lemon to do the 🙂

ZoePhoenix

BellusStella wrote: I made these using lemon juice since i had no fresh lemon in the house at the time. Definitely NOT recomended!
    I also didnt have the liquid sweetner. They are tolerable but there something off about the taste. I would suggest to wait until you get fresh lemon to do the 🙂

Haha yeah the lemon zest adds a lemony flavor without the tartness you would probably get with lemon juice. If you try them again with zest let me know what you think! 😀

ks
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I did enjoy! Thank you for the recipe!
    I omitted the 1 tsp liquid stevia completely and reduced the 3 Tbsps stevia down to 1.5 Tbsps and it still turned out great.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lemon Scones’ is closed to new replies.