Lemon drizzle cake

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Lemon drizzle cake

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  AngelaL 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

1 and 1/2 cups almond flour
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    5 egg yolks
    4 egg whites
    1 tsp baking powder
    4 lemons
    stevia xylitol to taste (I used a mixture of both)

preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
    grease a loaf tin with coconut oil

Beat egg whites till they form stiff peaks

Beat egg yolks with coconut oil and juice of 2 lemons + zest of all 4 lemons.

Add dry ingredients to egg yolk mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold in egg whites gently. Add stevia to taste.

Put in baking tin and bake for 20 – 25 mins (my cake was a little brown on top but it tasted fine).

While cake is cooking squeeze remaining lemons into cup (you can add more sweetener, it depends on how sweet you want the cake to be).

Turn cake on to cooking rack and pour lemon juice all over hot cake. Leave to cool (actually I didn’t I ate a slice right away but that was for scientific purposes ;)).

It really does taste really lemony and spongy quite like the real thing. The lemon juice didn’t soak through the cake quite as well as with the traditional cake made with flour and sugar, but maybe that will improve once it’s cooled down.

You probably don’t need the extra egg yolk, I just happened to have one spare and didn’t want it to go to waste.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Lemon drizzle cake’ is closed to new replies.